Whats our record

I'd rather project wins once we know what CB, DT/DE, and LB we get in the Portal.
This. If Mario wins the portal wars like he won the coaching wars, we’ll be in the ACCCG.

Right now we’re looking at a similar outcome to last season where every game is a nailbiter because we’re not significantly more talented than our opponents. Our OL and entire defense save safety needs more high quality starters. I expect we’ll get that help over the next 6-7 months. Would be a shame to waste TVD to a rebuild season.

Advertisement
We have a punchers chance against those teams bc of their shaky QB play. We have a better chance against ATM imo
Lol those teams were more talented than have a “puncher’s chance” against us too though.

We have a punchers chance against those teams bc of their shaky QB play. We have a better chance against ATM imo
Yea we do but our OL has to hold up against stacked talent. Clemson QB may be trash but if we can't protect ours we should be the under dog their roster is superior to ours right.

Advertisement
I agree but we still ain't going no 7-5.
It's possible is all I'm saying. It's not some impossible thing. Last season I expected that type of record cause of the OL and DL. We weren't bring anything in by the bulk.....pause.

Our talent is base thin.

Especially on the front seven on defense, and in the OL.

So we have a lack of serious talent and depth in these two important areas.

In my opinion that’s indisputable. Can anyone actually argue against this? Because I’d like to be wrong on this.

Now, of course, we’ve got the portal, I just don’t know how much talent is available out there to answer for our shortcomings. is there enough out there to plug these many holes? I just don’t know. I certainly hope so.

Even with what we have, it certainly should be enough to end up having a reasonable goal of winning up to 10 games including the bowl game, but a lot depends also on the injury picture throughout the year.

It really is all up in the air, there’s so many factors in play. I can’t even begin to think of a prediction.I do know we have an extremely capable and competent staff, and the beginning og be better days ahead.

The future looks strong, this first season for me is going to be impossible to predict.

9-3 puts us where we would have been last year if Borregales hits a makeable field goal against UVa and we stop FSU on 4th & 14. People are acting like we'll be better everywhere, but Rambo & Harley take a huge portion of the receptions; Silvera, McCloud, Johnson & Ford take a lot of the DT snaps; and two O line starters are gone. I do expect to get more out of the guys we have, and we all think some more guys are coming through the portal. So I'd take a 2-game improvement as a really good step up.

Sticking by my 9-3 but didn’t include the losses

Think we lose to A&M, Pitt, and UVA

Think Steele might have something for Dabo since dabo fired him

Advertisement
Yea we do but our OL has to hold up against stacked talent. Clemson QB may be trash but if we can't protect ours we should be the under dog their roster is superior to ours right.

No doubt. Clemson probably has the best DL in CFb and ATM has like 18 4/5 star kids but their qb is a big question mark. I think our OL is better than what people think.

9 or 10 wins.

This staff will get everything out of this roster that they can. It's been a long *** time since I believed that. Many of the players we do have will surprise a lot of us with what they can actually do.

can't see how this team takes a step back. My biggest concern is how the change of Offensive system impacts out offense.

But with our QB and Mario's track record in preparing for big games, I wouldn't be surprised if we hit the ground running and beat A&M.

Advertisement
10-2 to 12-0. I have a lot of faith in this team. We could have easily been 10-2 in 2021. I think we go 1-1 against A&M + Clemson too.

They did I give them credit but vs a Clemson and TAMU it will be too much for them
Definitely against TAMU

I’m not familiar enough with what Clemson has going on up front next year

They were just a lot better last year than people give them credit for. This whole “our OL stinks” narrative isn’t accurate

This. If Mario wins the portal wars like he won the coaching wars, we’ll be in the ACCCG.

Right now we’re looking at a similar outcome to last season where every game is a nailbiter because we’re not significantly more talented than our opponents. Our OL and entire defense save safety needs more high quality starters. I expect we’ll get that help over the next 6-7 months. Would be a shame to waste TVD to a rebuild season.
I also think we will have a lot more portal activity as well. Addition and subtraction.

We just didn’t really consistently out-coach anyone last year which is a big reason (to me) that we had to grind out so many games

Easy to blame coaches I guess but going into every week we were at a disadvantage it felt like, even though I thought Lashlee was a solid coach

Advertisement
We have a better chance at beating TAMU than we do Clemson...

They had the #2 ranked Defense last year & return a lot of young talent to their roster, yes they lost Venables but they have a good play caller with Brandon Streeter replacing Tony E.

I don’t agree with Dabo’s methodology of only making in-house hires, but what he’s built is a culture that has continuity which makes it easier to replace changeover when coaches do finally up & leave, they’re not completely changing everything, it’s a conveyer belt that keeps the same message & reiterates stability within their organizational structure.

They’ve recruited at a high level over the last 4 years & specifically target players that fit their system to a T, the reports of Clemson’s demise have been greatly exaggerated, Clemson is not falling off a cliff anytime soon, the infrastructure built by Dabo hasn’t gone anywhere. Yall love to downplay top dogs every year until it’s time for us to line up against them & then we get smacked right back into reality lol.

Even with DJ Ukulele not being the best QB, they have an incoming TF in Cade Klubnik who has terrific arm talent & upside, he’ll be brought along similar to how Lawrence was, not to mention their DLine returns all of their upperclassmen & their WR corps has already been replenished in conjunction with the guys coming back off of injury.

Their LB corps & the CB group is the youngest unit on their team, but the CB group has a lot of really good young talent & are always developed very well by Mike Reed.

Do not sleep on or underestimate Clemson, they haven’t won the 7 ACC titles by sheer luck, Dabo is no dummy.

But TAMU... As long as Jumbo runs that same outdated 1990’s Auburn offense they’re susceptible to being beat by most teams with a modicum of talent; see TAMU vs Arkansas, TAMU vs Miss ST, TAMU vs Ole Miss, they were significantly more talented than all three of those teams, but still managed to lose because their offense was stagnant & couldn’t move the ball through the air.

Vs Arkansas - 151 yards passing
Vs Miss ST - 135 yards passing
Vs Ole Miss - 237 yards passing

And now they have Lefty Max Johnson at the helm, who’s an average passer as well.

The formula to beating them will be pretty simple, double up the TE, stop the Run & force Max to throw it more than he would like to, because in games in which he threw the ball 30+ times or more he was 3-4, which means when teams forced him to beat them with his arm he mostly failed at it. Plus LSU’s offense was all about the WR’s, at TAMU his primary target will be the TE & the RB’s out of the backfield on every play lol.

Everybody always drools over all the 5-stars at TAMU has but they never use them on offense, they play down to their competition which is why JUMBO has had 4/5 losses in 3 out 4 seasons at TAMU.

Advertisement
Back