Whats cookin this weekend?

Advertisement
I’ll usually eat anything, but have never eaten gator.

Anybody here ever had it? What does it taste like?

I’ll be honest the concept just grosses me out. And I’m a guy that has no problem eating raw oysters, raw conch, sushi, ceviche, even turtle (so so, funny taste) basically anything, as long as it’s good.

Having grown up in Florida and living in South Florida, and traveling around, I’ve seen gators all over. And every time I see one of those nasty creatures, they’re wallowing around in murky, filthy water full of nasty *** algae and other crap.

Also the bacterial count inside the mouth of an alligator is so toxic, that people have not died from alligator bites because of the trauma of the bite, but because of the subsequent toxic bacterial infection. It’s actually happened.

I find them the grossest fūcking animal out there, other than maybe a ****roach or something

I would wear the shlt out of some alligator shoes and belts, though

Taste like chicken if it’s fried. Had it at a restaurant one time and they had a remoulade sauce with it.

Advertisement
I am doing brisket in my wood pellet smoker too. Got any tips for a beginner when it comes to smoking brisket? I did it once and it came out good but I am looking for great!..For example, do you pump it with beef stock to make sure the inside is moist? How do I get the outside to be nice and barky?

(Sorry to all for turning this into an episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. LOL. Trying to perfect this smoked brisket.)
A tip my buddy who smokes professional gave me for brisket.

1. Put your rub on the entire brisket 24 hours before
2. Set out of the fridge an hour before smoking
3. Coat the top and sides with molasses and then sprinkle with more rub before throwing onto the smoker, the bark will be fantastic (tip, use rubber gloves when applying the molasses)

Advertisement
I heard the D Line is cookin up FRANKS AND BEANS!
9682b97cc192795f9eb35ca649e93589c7f148a00ed713a297894626a623475b.jpg

Advertisement
Got a pork shoulder going on the smoker for 8-10 hours, beer to remain properly hydrated, and a sound proof basement to be a fan.

Go Canes!!

What are others grilling, drinking, or feasting on?
I love it, my man. I am doing something pretty similar. My sister is a gaytor fan, in which she is coming to Jax to watch the game with me. She doesn't eat pork so I will be smoking the Boston butt of the pork shoulder, ribs, and pork tenderloin (for sliders). Love her to death but on this Saturday, she better stop by Publix and get her a **** sub!

Advertisement
I love it, my man. I am doing something pretty similar. My sister is a gaytor fan, in which she is coming to Jax to watch the game with me. She doesn't eat pork so I will be smoking the Boston butt of the pork shoulder, ribs, and pork tenderloin (for sliders). Love her to death but on this Saturday, she better stop by Publix and get her a **** sub!
My kind of savage gathering. Cheers and good eating

A couple of sacks of raw oysters, boiled shrimp, maybe some crabs, and fixings! Coronas on deck!

Let’s get it! Saturday is f*cking dragging! Taking foreevvveerrrr :stormwarningflag-sm:

Advertisement
Back