Whats cookin this weekend?

Re: the weed/alcohol transition the bud saved my life I was a wreck working in nightclubs and partying and drinking every night. Now I’m a father a good husband and a hard worker and most importantly I maintain my relationships. Truly a life changer.

Re: Brisket I’m no expert but I have done 5 now only ducked up 1 because I didn’t have a good thermometer. No juice pumping just a nice crust of salt pepper and garlic and then low at 225 for as long as it takes. I use a Weber grill standard with the snake method and use pecan wood for the smoke. I take it out and wrap it I butcher paper and then in the cooler for another 2 hours. Long process but not really a lot of work. People think my stuff is great so that’s a good sign I have done something right.

Advertisement
Re: the weed/alcohol transition the bud saved my life I was a wreck working in nightclubs and partying and drinking every night. Now I’m a father a good husband and a hard worker and most importantly I maintain my relationships. Truly a life changer.
Good for you, man! That's fantastic. Separates you from the vast majority of others who find themselves in a similar place but are not able to right the ship before it's too late. From one who has been there to another, I hope you are very proud of yourself. You absolutely should be!

I am doing brisket in my wood pellet smoker too. Got any tips for a beginner when it comes to smoking brisket? I did it once and it came out good but I am looking for great!..For example, do you pump it with beef stock to make sure the inside is moist? How do I get the outside to be nice and barky?

(Sorry to all for turning this into an episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. LOL. Trying to perfect this smoked brisket.)
[/QUOI do

I dont inject anymore due to the sodium level, coat brisket in SPG, i separate point from flat myself and cook them in a foil pan, roll that smoker at 235 till internal temp is 180, spray with water (or your beef stock) every hour. Once at 180 put foil over it all and let it finish to internal of 205 should feel like butter when you poke it by that point. My total cook is 14 hours with resting. Slice point up into cubes throw some more rub and bbq sauce on there for some burnt ends and slice the flat up to perfection. This is with a 12-15lb brisket.

Advertisement
Have to work, hoping to get off an hour b4 kickoff. If it happens it’ll be a Walmart pizza....will taste awesome topped with a CANES victory!!!
**** a Walmart pizza.... I'd rather send you a pie than hear a cane brethren is eating wally world pizza on opening weekend. Hit me up on your way home with details and the spot you want pizza from.

Image result for pound hand gif

Marine Corps Warriors Breakfast before sitting down for College Gameday.

Pregame: Baked chicken wings three ways (Teriyaki, BBQ, and Cajun), Cheddar Chicken Quesadillas, Homemade Mozzarella Sticks, Chips and many dips, Key Lime Pie and a plenty of beer.

Advertisement
Have to work, hoping to get off an hour b4 kickoff. If it happens it’ll be a Walmart pizza....will taste awesome topped with a CANES victory!!!
Before you get that Walmart pizza check out Walmarts' Ranch style chicken wings instead. No joke, they are awesome--Walmart has definitely up'd their wing game. If you get some, try at least one while you are in the store. You don't want to get home with the game kicking off only to have run out of bomb *** wings.

Get ready to have a habit, they sprinkle cocaine on them. You'll be back for more.

Advertisement
Got a pork shoulder going on the smoker for 8-10 hours, beer to remain properly hydrated, and a sound proof basement to be a fan.

Go Canes!!

What are others grilling, drinking, or feasting on?

Going with some flank steaks, smoked wings, possibly some rotel dip with ground bison.

Drinking.....lots of beers. Going to try and stay away from the whiskey. Got plans on Sunday I want to be able to make it to.

Advertisement
Absolutely. In fact, the transformation of the marijuana industry has made quitting drinking way easier than I would have thought. My life is much better all around with weed in it and booze out. Not that I'm anti-alcohol by any means though. I love drinking! It was just causing too much collateral damage in my life. Thankfully, I was able to realize that before any true damage was done. Best decision I ever made.

Good luck and keep up the good fight.

I’ll usually eat anything, but have never eaten gator.

Anybody here ever had it? What does it taste like?

I’ll be honest the concept just grosses me out. And I’m a guy that has no problem eating raw oysters, raw conch, sushi, ceviche, even turtle (so so, funny taste) basically anything, as long as it’s good.

Having grown up in Florida and living in South Florida, and traveling around, I’ve seen gators all over. And every time I see one of those nasty creatures, they’re wallowing around in murky, filthy water full of nasty *** algae and other crap.

Also the bacterial count inside the mouth of an alligator is so toxic, that people have not died from alligator bites because of the trauma of the bite, but because of the subsequent toxic bacterial infection. It’s actually happened.

I find them the grossest fūcking animal out there, other than maybe a ****roach or something

I would wear the shlt out of some alligator shoes and belts, though

I’ll usually eat anything, but have never eaten gator.

Anybody here ever had it? What does it taste like?

I’ll be honest the concept just grosses me out. And I’m a guy that has no problem eating raw oysters, raw conch, sushi, ceviche, even turtle (so so, funny taste) basically anything, as long as it’s good.

Having grown up in Florida and living in South Florida, and traveling around, I’ve seen gators all over. And every time I see one of those nasty creatures, they’re wallowing around in murky, filthy water full of nasty *** algae and other crap.

Also the bacterial count inside the mouth of an alligator is so toxic, that people have not died from alligator bites because of the trauma of the bite, but because of the subsequent toxic bacterial infection. It’s actually happened.

I find them the grossest fūcking animal out there, other than maybe a ****roach or something

I would wear the shlt out of some alligator shoes and belts, though
I had it once on a airboat tour in the everglades. It sounds cliche but deep fried gator to me tastes very similar to deep fried chicken. You usually don't eat meat around the head. The Tail and parts of the belly gets most of the cuts. Get quality breading and your favorite condiment--I could eat a basket of them along some fries.

Advertisement
Back