What they're saying in Sparty Land

We got this guys!

1631585810036.jpeg

Advertisement
MSU fan here.

A) the Applebee's thing is absolutely a recurring joke on the RCMB (Red Cedar Message Board)
B) MSU fans are mostly just pumped that we think we have a shot with this game. Preseason, this was thought to be almost a sure fire loss. Miami doesn't appear to be as strong as initially thought. We look better than anticipated.

MSU has switched the last couple years (with Coach Tucker) to a 4-2-5. The back 7 is pretty new. Only 2 guys are starting in the same spot as last year. Henderson, at safety, is one of them and is pretty **** good. The two LBs are brand new: Crouch from Tenn is a crazy athlete, but doesn't usually know where he is going. Halliday, the other LB is a RS Frosh who only played special teams last year. The DL is probably a decent B10 squad, but there is definitely not that stud pass rusher.

Offense has been a pleasant surprise. Soph QB Thorne won the battle and has been pretty good. No TOs is probably the best part. The OL has been hot garbage for the last several years, but the new staff seems to have gotten their sh** together and they look decent (maybe even good?). RB Walker is the name to know. He's excellent. We basically sat him against YSU to save him for this game. He's already got over 300 yds rushing and 5 TDs over 2 games (with really only playing 2 series against YSU.)

I doubt most Spartans are expecting a win. But I think we all have some hope coming off a mess of a season last year. Go Green.
He’ll prob have a career day against this defense then. Preciate the insight, may the best team win.

Advertisement
MSU fan here.

A) the Applebee's thing is absolutely a recurring joke on the RCMB (Red Cedar Message Board)
B) MSU fans are mostly just pumped that we think we have a shot with this game. Preseason, this was thought to be almost a sure fire loss. Miami doesn't appear to be as strong as initially thought. We look better than anticipated.

MSU has switched the last couple years (with Coach Tucker) to a 4-2-5. The back 7 is pretty new. Only 2 guys are starting in the same spot as last year. Henderson, at safety, is one of them and is pretty **** good. The two LBs are brand new: Crouch from Tenn is a crazy athlete, but doesn't usually know where he is going. Halliday, the other LB is a RS Frosh who only played special teams last year. The DL is probably a decent B10 squad, but there is definitely not that stud pass rusher.

Offense has been a pleasant surprise. Soph QB Thorne won the battle and has been pretty good. No TOs is probably the best part. The OL has been hot garbage for the last several years, but the new staff seems to have gotten their sh** together and they look decent (maybe even good?). RB Walker is the name to know. He's excellent. We basically sat him against YSU to save him for this game. He's already got over 300 yds rushing and 5 TDs over 2 games (with really only playing 2 series against YSU.)

I doubt most Spartans are expecting a win. But I think we all have some hope coming off a mess of a season last year. Go Green.
Thanks for the insight. Expect to be up 17-0 about halfway through the second quarter since we always start slow.

Expect our defense to allow big runs because our dline sells out for TFLs and LBs are below average at best at least for Miami.

Expect us to run HB dives up the middle on 2nd and 10 and a likely sack or incomplete on a poorly thrown ball on 3rd down. This is how our drives end 60% of the time.

We adjust at halftime but it’s too late y’all win 30 - 20.

Manny Diaz says in his presser that this Michigan State team is maybe just a notch below bama and that he’s proud of the team for making the comeback and that they didn’t quit.

I mean they are random people from Michigan. They are going to assume Miami at home means they are playing in Miami and unless you've been there you only know what you see on TV and hear about the crime statistics--which do look pretty bad on paper. I would caution against confusing ignorance with racism.

Racism mainly comes from ignorance.

Advertisement
I mean, 2 weeks in - they ain't wrong.
"Looked like Miami played exclusively 4-3."

When were we in a 4/3 in that game. Because if we were they would def. not run up the gut on us. Every time they ran the ball up the middle right before the snap we were outnumbered on the line and they knew it.

King looks to be a shell of his old self. He's definitely no where near the dynamic runner he was.”

Really? He had 79 yards rushing with a long of 30. There is so much wrong in that post I don't even know what to say. LOL

I will tell you if you bottle up some of that refreshing water y'all have and bring it with you for me
Straight from the taps in Flint and you have yourself a deal.

On a scale of Turnover Chain to Manny Diaz ******* Sucks, how confident are you feeling? From the outside, Miami looks like a ****** team donning P5 uniforms of past glory. At least the coaches arrived to camp on a cool boat though, right?

Thanks for the insight. Expect to be up 17-0 about halfway through the second quarter since we always start slow.

Expect our defense to allow big runs because our dline sells out for TFLs and LBs are below average at best at least for Miami.

Expect us to run HB dives up the middle on 2nd and 10 and a likely sack or incomplete on a poorly thrown ball on 3rd down. This is how our drives end 60% of the time.

We adjust at halftime but it’s too late y’all win 30 - 20.

Manny Diaz says in his presser that this Michigan State team is maybe just a notch below bama and that he’s proud of the team for making the comeback and that they didn’t quit.
This third statement on HB dive….. it’s so sad that it’s so accurate.

Advertisement

On a scale of Turnover Chain to Manny Diaz ******* Sucks, how confident are you feeling? From the outside, Miami looks like a ****** team donning P5 uniforms of past glory. At least the coaches arrived to camp on a cool boat though, right?
Ahhh, I forgot just exactly how much of a power house team MSU is/was. Let's recap shall we........
2020 - 2-5
2019 - 7-6
2018 - 7-6
2017 - 10-3 hooray
2016 - 3-9
2015 - 12-2 oops, blown out by Bama 38-0.....
Please stop acting like Sparty is some unstoppable force. Whoever wins is the slightly better ****ty team.

Your sense of humor is amusing. But hurling insults will get you neutered, if you haven’t been already, very quickly.

@RVACane @JD08

Advertisement
Ahhh, I forgot just exactly how much of a power house team MSU is/was. Let's recap shall we........
2020 - 2-5
2019 - 7-6
2018 - 7-6
2017 - 10-3 hooray
2016 - 3-9
2015 - 12-2 oops, blown out by Bama 38-0.....
Please stop acting like Sparty is some unstoppable force. Whoever wins is the slightly better ****ty team.
More 10 win seasons in a 5 year span than Miami has had in 15 years 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You’re comparing Michigan state to The University of Miami. They’ve been a better program than us since 2005
Yea, they have a couple nice bowl wins here and there, but given their record overall, and severe inconsistency, everyone here, including you, would be b!tching with the results. So what is your point?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back