What they're saying in Sparty Land

Silver King

Pass Block
“Good lord, they are not a happy bunch. They're not really complimentary of us so much as they are absolutely out for Diaz's head. The only rational person in that thread is the guy that thinks App State is better than us. And while I'm tempted to protest that I probably wouldn't have two weeks ago.”

“I have no advice on the locale, but just be mindful of your family the entire time. That fan base is by far the worst in all of college football, and it's why I have serious reservations about ever returning to that rent-a-stadium they can't ever fill.”

“A someone who has been to Miami many times, I would strongly suggest that you don't go. The city itself is fine; however, south Florida in August/September is the closest any human can get to **** before dying. NOT advisable.”

“Be sure to hit the Applebeee’s on 41st street. The best Cuban sandwich and Bud draught you’ll ever taste.” [ come to Miami to get an Applebee’s Cuban…]

“Watched them a bit last night. We need to clean up the penalties and get healed up a bit this week (Horst and the RB's especially). If we do that and play smart disciplined ball out of the gate like we showed we are capable of doing against NW, I do think Miami will wilt once we punch them in the mouth.”

“I know, it's kind of stating the obvious and the hope almost all of us are now feeling. We didn't expect our team, esp. the offense, to be this impressive. We also didn't necessarily foresee Miami getting thumped that badly by Bama, then barely surviving App State.Could this be a close, high-scoring game that takes 35 points or more to win? I'm not that confident we can stop King and that offense. But I like our chances of scoring at a solid level against their D.”

“I think this team is better than App State so should win.”

“I watched the game last night against App State. The team relies on King, but he was pretty average. He missed a number of throws, passes were dropped, and he did have some good throws. He faced moderate pressure the entire game and got hit a lot. He is mobile, but not to the degree pre-injury.On defense, App State ran at will, pretty much straight ahead. App State RB People’s is a good RB. Looked like Miami played exclusively 4-3. Brice looked decent and and except when he was backed up. Otherwise AppState ran similar offense as MSU. Best part of Miami last night was their punter who backed App State up about 5 times. Miami is not a physical team on either side of the ball, and they didn’t look all that big. They also didn’t tackle very well. While their CBs made some very good tackles at the end of the game, before that they weren’t so good. Keys for MSU, protect the ball, play physical, run the offense. Probably need to score 35+ unless the D can step up. id call it even right now being on the road, but I like that we can cycle a lot of guys. If we can run fir 200, minimize turnovers, have a B game on special teams, we can dominate. I also think Miami may have lost a starting LB and RB.”

“King ain't a QB. Yeah, I'll say it. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but the guy is more of a tailback playing QB than a true QB.”

“It’s only going to be a high of 89 on Saturday. Hard rock stadium was half empty. Get a few thousand Spartan fans in there and it’s a difference maker.Miami was gassed after last night as well. Cautiously optimistic. It’s setting up better than expected. Less fans, not as hot, tired football team with mediocre run defense.”

“I know we are feeling good after two solid wins but Miami is a significantly better team. I think our DE and LB lack of depth shows in this one with King’s speed to the edge. A 10ish point loss in the road to a top 25 team still leaves me optimistic for the future.”

“They are not significantly better. Did you watch their game last night? That's an undisciplined team and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they self destruct.”

“That offense had 375 yards yesterday, on a nice day.Is it really a good offense? King looks to be a shell of his old self. He's definitely no where near the dynamic runner he was.”

“App St gave up 25 to UM. They also gave up 19 to ECU. Why do y’all think WE need to score 35?I think we WILL put up 35, but the final might be 38-24. Go Green!”

“Miami is what I’ve been telling you all for over a year they are.
Only worse. As they had two big injuries Saturday and King does not have his full speed back yet (his quickness is there, but he’s not getting the huge 30+ yard runs now, he’s getting caught fast).”

“Agree on King. He missed some passes that had you wondering what he was doing. If we had even an average pass rush that would be helpful. Hope the DE’s are back and healthy.”

On the cat falling:

“It doesn’t get more American than that. Or Florida Man. Or Florida Feline I guess.”

“Just the home team fans trying to create their own excitement and have something to cheer for.”

Advertisement
I always severely question the mental fortitude of anyone that makes fun of south Florida and the city of Miami. It’s legitimately as dumb as dumb gets. Miami is one of the most visited city in the world for hundreds of different reasons but yet people consistently say dumb **** about it. Comical

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
gerald broflovski complaining GIF by South Park

Advertisement
I always severely question the mental fortitude of anyone that makes fun of south Florida and the city of Miami. It’s legitimately as dumb as dumb gets. Miami is the most visited city in the world for hundreds of different reasons but yet people consistently say dumb **** about it. Comical
Exactly. And saying 'Miami' doesn't really make sense when talking about South Florida. It's a diverse county, and Miami is just a part of it. For instance, the game is in Miami Gardens, not Miami, and it's very close to the county line. Be mindful of your family? What the **** does that mean?

Advertisement
Michigan State talking s*it is fairly hilarious. Not saying they won't play us tough or could even beat us but these clowns won 4 games last year and beat Youngstown State and a Northwestern team that then struggled with powerhouse Indiana State.

Advertisement
Back