What record would erase the stench of last year?

Advertisement
Win the coastal be competitive against Clemson.too many question marks on offense to expect anything else.that's even with the changes to the staff.if we see improvements on how the team plays.I mean a fundamentally sound and tough team it's headed in the right direction even if the record is 8-4 or 9-3.

Especially in the minds of recruits? I say they’d need to go undefeated and make the playoff. I’m not saying they will! I’m saying that’s the remedy. I also think if we have a good season they should put fiu back on the schedule within the next 3 seasons and run up the score if possible.
Anything more than 2 losses should be unacceptable, but just about EVERYONE out there would expect us to have at least 4 losses, considering all of the changes and the time to implement them. I mean The FSU game is always a toss up, although we should destroy them. The Mich St game will be interesting with the changes going on there, and the UNC game as well as the Virginia game will have huge implications on the Coastal division.

The Can fan in me wants to believe we can go 9-3, potentially losing to UNC, Mich State, and one other team that we probably should lose to. Which is sad, because I have had to temper my expectations as a CANE fan!

Advertisement
11 total wins will prevent me from chipping in to have a billboard to get Manny fired.

But it won’t prevent me from doing it the following year.

3 seasons in a row of at least 11 wins will though.

"What record would erase the stench of last year?"
For me it is winning every game that we are favored to win.

I expect we will be favored in at least 9 games.

11 total wins will prevent me from chipping in to have a billboard to get Manny fired.

But it won’t prevent me from doing it the following year.

3 seasons in a row of at least 11 wins will though.

Now it's up to three seasons of 11 wins? Wow.

Care to do a list of how many teams have done that the last three seasons?

On what planet does anyone think this team has the talent and depth to go 33-3 over the next three seasons.

Advertisement
Nothing should ever erase 2019. Every bad period in my life serves as a reminder of how good I have it and why I need to always do my best.

I would take an 11-1 regular season with a competitive game against Clemson in the ACC title game, win the bowl game and a 12-2 finish would be fantastic, probably the best case scenario for this year

10 wins and wins the coastal and give Clemson a decent game ( can't lose by 30) and then beat a top 20 team in the bowl. I suspect at the end our record will 12-2 with losses to Clemson and someone along the way like Va tech or UNC .

I would take an 11-1 regular season with a competitive game against Clemson in the ACC title game, win the bowl game and a 12-2 finish would be fantastic, probably the best case scenario for this year
Basically what I was saying. Beating Clemson next year is far fetched but giving them a good game will be a great sign. Say losing 38-30 or something like that.

We need to win the coastal and some bowl games a few years in a row before we start thinking about the playoffs . Crawl before you walk , walk before you run.

Advertisement

Attachments

• CB44D364-631E-4907-9273-A839D12F2B1B.gif
    CB44D364-631E-4907-9273-A839D12F2B1B.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Putting an exact win total is irrelevant.

We're the most talented team in the ACC Coastal so start there. We SHOULD win the division and assuming we weren't devastated by injuries, if that doesn't happen then it was because our coaches didn't have the players playing up to their abilities and they should be fired.

Next is that we probably end up playing against Clemson in the ACC Championship game. We can't get blown out right out of the gate like last time where it didn't even look like it was close. If we end up losing big, but most of it comes late as we can't keep up with their depth etc, I'll take that so putting an exact number that we can't lose by still requires additional context.

Then we have the bowl game which will probably be against someone pretty good, just not Clemson good. There is a ton of prep time before that bowl game so if we come out looking flat like we seem to always do, then again it's a pretty big indictment on the coaching staff. If we lose a close game? Whatever. It happens, but make it a good game where you can see the effort and execution.

Anything less than this and the heat goes right back onto the coaching staff.

Advertisement
Can't see how anyone thinks this will be a 0 or 1 loss team.

Save your allowance fellas, you're going to need a lot of banners.

Now it's up to three seasons of 11 wins? Wow.

Care to do a list of how many teams have done that the last three seasons?

On what planet does anyone think this team has the talent and depth to go 33-3 over the next three seasons.
I don’t think Manny has it in him to turn the program around. Regardless of talent, he lost to FIU and LA Tech.

You can settle for mediocrity. I’d rather not.

Advertisement
Back