What record would erase the stench of last year?

Advertisement
At least a 10 win regular season, beat Michigan St., beat FSU, and take Clemson to OT in the ACCCG, and win the Orange bowl convincingly.

Alright, I've given a couple answers, but here's the real one. When you've been through what we've been through the past several years, there is no washing the stench. That **** is forever. The only answer is revenge. Until our program is looking at every season like a revenge tour, we're not where we need to be. Remember Washington? Remember Syracuse? Now, apply that **** to UNC, and Duke, and Clemson, ****, even FIU needs to be in that boat at this point.

When I start hearing that kind of mission statement out of our locker room, I'll start feeling real good about the program again. Until then...

ThoughtfulHonorableBeaver-size_restricted.gif

Win the games we are supposed to win and not lose games by 1 or 3 points. Show some toughness on the field push somebody, talk S***, dance over somebody you just ran over, look at the other teams sideline and do what Marshawn lynch did when he scored that touchdown against the Saints. Who cares about a penalty, show them we own you and that's it. Even mark Rick did a thing where he had all the players run out to the endzone after a touchdown.

Sometimes having that I'm THE best mentality is that extra push you need to win a game. I'm not going to let the next guy beat me. We loss that as a team as a fan base as a whole.

Advertisement
Nothing, The unthinkable happened in 2019. I will always love my canes but I will always loathe Diaz, Enos, James, The Bot and that ***** Strawley for having to hear our detractors say we lost to a community college team.

Then the “learn on the job” HC experiment should be scrapped. We may not have Clemson or Bama talent but we got better talent then NC Va.Tech, UVA, mich state on the road should be a good game
maybe more talent but this group has shown itself to be weak mentally and will throw in the towel the moment its get tough.
Our talent is not heads and shoulders above anybody in Coastal M.Brown, Feuntes and Medenhall are better coaches with better staffs. Pete Fiutak ranked CMD 122 out of 130.......if Blake would not have over paid for CMD dollars as well as length for an un proven entity, CMD and Blake might have been gone last year. we lost to FIU and Butch absolutely schooled CMD
last year. will not drink off season kool aid this time

10-3 average at least 30 ppg..play a couple exciting shootouts..kids love shootouts

Oh, good lord, will everyone stop having a contest as to who will remember the 2019 season for longer? Let's all agree on "never forget 2019".

The original poster asked the question and then added "Especially in the minds of recruits?"

If Miami wins 10 games in the regular season and goes to the ACC-CG, the 2021 (and beyond) recruits will forget about 2019 and project that Miami has made the necessary changes and improvements to win championships.

Advertisement
Especially in the minds of recruits? I say they’d need to go undefeated and make the playoff. I’m not saying they will! I’m saying that’s the remedy. I also think if we have a good season they should put fiu back on the schedule within the next 3 seasons and run up the score if possible.
10 wins, coastal title and atleast make Clemson work for it a little in the ACC championship game. Not like the 2017 game where we got our @sses kicked. Anything less then that the stink remains and what will make it worse is Oregon/Cristobal will probably win the PAC 12 again.

I won't say 10 wins, because we've seen a pretty average 10 win team in 2017. What we need is to destroy the teams we should destroy. Show recruits that we can win big, not struggle every **** game. If we go 9-3, but average 40 points a game, it would excite recruits more than 10 wins and scraping by scrubs. We need to look like a team that's on the verge of greatness, not one that is **** lucky to win 10. Just show drastic improvement and recruits will come. So will the wins.

10-4. Competitive against Clemson in Charlotte. Bowl game win against formidable opponent.
100% agree, no one expects us to run the table and upset Clemson and end up in the playoff, but these are reasonable expectations and will show a significant improvement.

Advertisement
For recruits - 10 wins, a coastal title, a bowl win, and a top 15 year end ranking. For fans probably nothing, but the latter would be a good start.

Advertisement
Especially in the minds of recruits? I say they’d need to go undefeated and make the playoff. I’m not saying they will! I’m saying that’s the remedy. I also think if we have a good season they should put fiu back on the schedule within the next 3 seasons and run up the score if possible.
12-0 with that **** schedule.

Advertisement
Back