What is your realistic outlook....

Advertisement
I thought my 9-3 at the beginning of the season was me being optimistic and buying into some of the hype that masked over obvious deficiencies and challenges of this years squad. 8-4, even 7-5 is more realistic now. Individuals and the team will grow, get better as the season goes on, but I don't foresee that as linear, like ripping off 8/9 straight. Stops and starts. Glimpses of greatness followed by miscues and brain farts. This is a very inexperienced football team that doesn't know how to win yet. And I don't usually ascribe to those one-time "turn the corner" moments that people will (painfully) be looking for now. That's not how I think this works. It'll be just enough to drive everyone mad.

It's statistically impossible for this young team to improve as the season goes on.

Take this season off, Rok.

I have us winning 6 of our next 10 games.

That would mark a pretty serious improvement considering we're like 8-12 since ND in 2017.

I have us winning 6 of our next 10 games.

That would mark a pretty serious improvement considering we're like 8-12 since ND in 2017.
Hilarious.

You also have us going 3-4 against P5 teams to end the season.

Dry your tears and come back when you’re ready.

Advertisement
Cool. 7-5 average record since 2004.
More irrelevant stats!

Again, you think this team will not improve whatsoever as the season goes on. A team about as green as you can be in the secondary, OL, and QB will make zero strides and continue to drop games in November. Despite the offense already showing massive improvements from game 1 to 2.

Advertisement
More irrelevant stats!

Again, you think this team will not improve whatsoever as the season goes on. A team about as green as you can be in the secondary, OL, and QB will make zero strides and continue to drop games in November. Despite the offense already showing massive improvements from game 1 to 2.

I have us winning games. What is your problem?

Advertisement
BCU - W
CMU - W
VT - W
UVA - L
GT - W
@PITT - L
@FSU - L
LOU - W
@FIU - W
@DUKE - L
I believe that by the time we get to FSU we will be rolling.. If we lose to that FSU team, I will seriously start to question Manny. I can chalk up a couple close, early season losses to new starters, new staff, on the road, etc, but there will be no excusing a loss to a team that lost to Boise and should have lost to ULM. AT HOME.

More irrelevant stats!

@streetja respect, but now your main line of argument here is the opposite - that we will do nothing BUT improve to a a measure devoid of any continued or new mistakes.

It don't work that clean.

We will improve - question is how much?

Prolly somewhere in between 10-2 and 5-7

Hence - 7-5, 8-4 is a higher probability on the scale

9-3 if we do improve a ton.

The improvement vs regression ain't mutually exclusive, they're metric coefficients.

17- 3; 4:17, bruh.

That defense HAS to improve almost as much as the offense RN. Add that variable to the improvement vector you are so assured of.

Add ST - jesus take the wheel.

Something we got going for us is this notion that only we will improve throughout the season.

Advertisement
Now that we started the season 0-2?

I really think that we can runoff 10 straight and endup 10-2. We just have to stop missing FGs and tell this idiot baker to stop with the 3 downline man on 3rd and 4th and long situations. Our pass rush is our strength.

You can realistically argue we are 2 holding calls away from being 2-0.
Doesn’t mean we don’t suck just as bad. Just lying about it.

Advertisement
Back