What is your realistic outlook....

We have to with stand the growing pains , it's only been a short time with new coaches and philosophy obviously not enough time to assemble a team.
It will take 2-3 recruiting cycles to get the team needed for NC run.
To expect immediate impact is really silly , figure 2-3 years anything less isn't sensible to expect ACCC run , yes we'll surprise teams and be spoilers this I will enjoy for awhile till it's time to lock horns with the big boys we're just getting started here and already many want heads if this happens we'll be repeating the growing pains over and over we'll soon learn from history as to not repeat it like politicians do with all there knowledge the posses instead on common sense.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Wise guys had the team at 7. They are way smarter than me, but I’m hard headed so I’ll go with 8-4.

My realistic expectation since the start of the season was 8-4. The real issue with this team can easily be fixed and it’s with experience. We have 3 new starters in the secondary did y’all think Blades and Ivey was just going to start clapping on WRS day 1 ? That’s delusional. I can recall seeing Ed Reed get burned a lot in his early days. Besides JG our Dlije has no pass rush moves but that can all be fixed with experience and practice. I can say the same thing about our entire offense besides DJ. I just want to see growth. This team needs to just Gel and hope you have mostly everybody return next year. Miami needs to remove the striker position next year and just move Bandy to the slot and play 5 dbs. The LBs should be the only issue next year.
You do realize this is college football. Players come and go thus every year some gap in experience occurs. Next year, Linebackers.

Let’s call this for what it is. The team doesn’t know how to win, close. They don’t have it in them as they don’t have enough leaders. And leaders don’t have to be a junior or senior with a ton of experience. It’s an innate skill not measured by speed, height or strength. Miami lacks in this department big time.

Your right but not 2 safeties and a corner. The way Manny sets up his defense he puts a lot of pressure on his safeties. Were just way too green.

Advertisement
You do realize this is college football. Players come and go thus every year some gap in experience occurs. Next year, Linebackers.

Let’s call this for what it is. The team doesn’t know how to win, close. They don’t have it in them as they don’t have enough leaders. And leaders don’t have to be a junior or senior with a ton of experience. It’s an innate skill not measured by speed, height or strength. Miami lacks in this department big time.
What part of Palm Beach are you from brodie ?

If Diaz is a good HC that will fix things during the season, I say 10-2 or 9-3. If he is a CoRch, I say 5-7 or 6-6.

Advertisement
I believe we'll be 2-3 or 3-2 in the games (VT, UVA, FSU, GT, and Duke). The rest I believe will be wins. Overachieving is 9-3. Underachieving is 6-6.

From these first two games, I think that IFF we can clean up a few things each week and show that we're well coached.. we can go 9-3. Winning out is a pipe dream that would require ALL the bounces to go our way.

VT game will be a lot more definitive for the rest of the season. Lose to them hope for 6-6. Win a close one 8-4 maybe. Blow them out 10-2 a possibility

Last edited:
Advertisement
You don't know how desperately I want to say 9-3, but I gotta go with 8-4.

We will either drop 2 away games or will lose 1 and lose against UVA at home.... That QB Perkins being a nightmare for our defense, able to pick up first downs with his legs at will.

You don't know how desperately I want to say 9-3, but I gotta go with 8-4.

We will either drop 2 away games or will lose 1 and lose against UVA at home.... That QB Perkins being a nightmare for our defense, able to pick up first downs with his legs at will.
And UVA has two weeks to prepare for the game bc they have a bye the week before.

We’re going to have trouble with well coached mid 3 star teams.
Unless we get things rolling, you are right. I am very encouraged by the play of Williams. Now if Enos will start attacking all parts of the field with him, we might start scoring more than 25 a game.

Advertisement
BCU - W
CMU - W
VT - W
UVA - L
GT - W
@PITT - L
@FSU - L
LOU - W
@FIU - W
@DUKE - L

BCU - W
CMU - W
VT - W
UVA - L
GT - W
@PITT - L
@FSU - L
LOU - W
@FIU - W
@DUKE - L
It's statistically impossible for this young team to improve as the season goes on.

Take this season off, Rok.

I think we figure it out over the next two games--get our mojo and rhythm and finally start seeing flashes and glimpses of what the 2020 season will look like. We'll get Silvera soon off the IR, Lingard as a 3rd back. Should be great up coming run. I'm going the optimist route:

10-2. If we do drop one it will be against UVA. Nothing down the schedule scares me--not even FSU. Taggart has shown in his time at Oregon and now at FSU that he's not a second half team. We are UL-Monroe or Boise. Dropping big leads on us, by then, and Jarren will take it.

Advertisement
Back