What is your expectations for the Alabama Game?

I Believe and I’m going to Continue to Believe…it’s Happening..We the U..Finally have Our Minds Right..the Culture has Changed…We have the Seniors the Vets teaching the younger kids the Culture and work ethic We sooo desperately needed..the Coaching staff R earning there money..it’s about Teaching and they R Teaching…

Advertisement
We lost by 2 scores with Rosier at QB with a team that went 15-0 the following year with the multiple top 5 picks.

Yeah besides quarterback play, I’d say we showed up…..

No offense man but if you watched that game there’s no way you can say we “showed up.”

We got absolutely b.itchslapped from the very get go of that game.

We were never in that game and got embarrassed in primetime

1. An actual game plan. We know they are going to try to run the ball when they have it and pressure King whenever we have the ball. Go back and watch how teams neutralized their run game recently, adjust the defense as needed. They run a lot of stunts and send DBs constantly, how well are we going to defend against and are we prepared for it?

2. Playmakers. We unfortunately go up against a team that can nullify our strengths and feast on our weaknesses. We're going to need plays made on both sides of the ball. Forcing fumbles, catching an easy INT, receivers winning 50-50 balls, YAC, tackling, fighting for extra yards, etc.

3. Discipline/Execution. No ejections for targeting from Carter or anyone for that matter, get players down when tackling, eliminating penalties, using correct technique, catching the **** ball, etc. Let's not give them any room to capitalize on a blunder.

Also, could someone expound on our tackling? Can it be improved? Is this something the coaches are emphasizing?

I don't believe our problems can be fixed in a couple of months but I'm expecting visible improvements in certain areas of the team.

Last edited:
1. An actual game plan. We know they are going to try to run the ball when they have it and pressure King whenever we have the ball. Go back and watch how teams neutralized their run game recently, adjust the defense as needed. They run a lot of stunts and send DBs constantly, how well are we going to defend against that?

2. Playmakers. We unfortunately go up against a team that can nullify our strengths and feast on our weaknesses. We're going to need plays made on both sides of the ball. Forcing fumbles, catching an easy INT, receivers winning 50-50 balls, YAC, tackling, fighting for extra yards, etc.

3. Discipline/Execution. No ejections for targeting from Carter or anyone for that matter, get players down when tackling, eliminating penalties, using correct technique, catching the **** ball, etc. Let's not give them any room to capitalize on a blunder.

Also, could someone expound on our tackling? Can it be improved? Is this something the coaches are emphasizing?

I don't believe our problems can be fixed in a couple of months but I'm expecting visible improvements in certain areas of the team.
#3 is what we’ll win by or lose by , this keeps us from maintaining our focus.

Advertisement
I expect the talent gap to be significant, the coaching gap to be larger, but the resource gap to be insurmountable.

They'll have analysts scouting out everything to a 't' and doing their best to steal signs, especially when they are on offense and we are in defense (since our warp-speed offense can limit it a bit.)

In the end, it will be a kick in the nuts and set the program back, show how far we are from being on the level of a team with no limits on resources. Only an idiot like Beta Blake James would schedule Alabaga on a neutral field, as there's no upside to it besides a paycheck.
Can’t argue with that.

Very difficult to predict what is going to happen but based on Manny's past performance I think it's going to be a very rough night for us. If I was Manny and Lashlee I would consider the first quarter the most important time frame in the past 17 years in this program. I WOULD THROW EVERYTHING AT ALABAMA OFFENSIVELY and defensively play HIGHLY AGGRESSIVE. A big blowout here sets this program way back. The mindset of the players and coaches should be that we can and will win. The desired scenario would be minimal penalties, Manny coaching his best game ever, Lashlee pulling out his bag of tricks, STRONG TACKLING, ZERO TURNOVERS, and our OL holding their own protecting King. A very tall order because make no mistake about this, Saban wants to crush us in a big way.

I expect the talent gap to be significant, the coaching gap to be larger, but the resource gap to be insurmountable.

They'll have analysts scouting out everything to a 't' and doing their best to steal signs, especially when they are on offense and we are in defense (since our warp-speed offense can limit it a bit.)

In the end, it will be a kick in the nuts and set the program back, show how far we are from being on the level of a team with no limits on resources. Only an idiot like Beta Blake James would schedule Alabaga on a neutral field, as there's no upside to it besides a paycheck.

I find it hysterical you call James a beta as you wail like a school girl while waving a tear soaked white towel two weeks before the game.

P.S. They have about a dozen analysts, we have around eight, including Shoop who’s got a ton of SEC experience.

Advertisement
Going by Manny’s history but also assuming we are a much improved team my guess is:

Down 14 in the 4th. Team fighting hard and keeping game within reach but we never really threaten to actually win. Late TD puts us within one score. Unsuccessful onside kick. Game over.

38-31.
I'd be thrilled with that

Very difficult to predict what is going to happen but based on Manny's past performance I think it's going to be a very rough night for us. If I was Manny and Lashlee I would consider the first quarter the most important time frame in the past 17 years in this program. I WOULD THROW EVERYTHING AT ALABAMA OFFENSIVELY and defensively play HIGHLY AGGRESSIVE. A big blowout here sets this program way back. The mindset of the players and coaches should be that we can and will win. The desired scenario would be minimal penalties, Manny coaching his best game ever, Lashlee pulling out his bag of tricks, STRONG TACKLING, ZERO TURNOVERS, and our OL holding their own protecting King. A very tall order because make no mistake about this, Saban wants to crush us in a big way.
I over heard a doctor telling a patient this.

My best prescription for you is to do the complete opposite of what you’ve been doing and you’ll be fine.

Same hold true here , I like the post saying the same thing.

I believe we have done this , and we’re going to bring the fight to BAMA early as you said and must stay focused to prevent the issues you’ve mentioned.

We can win this game

GOCANES

Advertisement
I am confused as to why no one seems to think we can win this game or make it close. This is our best team in over a decade and they are starting a true frosh with no true experience. I think we win this thing. We just need to stop the run and we win.

What Saban has done at Alabama is impressive and historic. Like everything else it will end. It won’t end because he retires. The decline will begin because that level of motivation and focus cannot be maintained indefinitely. If Manny, Rhett and King have the boys truly believing and we catch two breaks, we win. Again, we don’t have to be better than them. We just have to score more points.

I find it hysterical you call James a beta as you wail like a school girl while waving a tear soaked white towel two weeks before the game.

P.S. They have about a dozen analysts, we have around eight, including Shoop who’s got a ton of SEC experience.

It's alright, I find it hysterical that you post at all. Sorry/not sorry my opinion hurt your sensitivities, not sure I can even keep you straight from the hundred other variations on your username, otherwise I'd look to see if leaky vag replies to opinion threads is your normal forte.

As far as your - "they have a dozen analysts, we have eight, plus Shoop, who has magic powers and really counts as two," it goes a bit deeper than that...

Bags has 'nine analysts?' They brought over 50+ support personnel to the title game last year. Try again there bud.

But hey, was having this same conversation with Miami-back! bros challenging others for not being 'true fans' a decade ago, and if anything the distance between the haves and the have nots has turned into an insurmountable gulf.

Advertisement
I am confused as to why no one seems to think we can win this game or make it close. This is our best team in over a decade and they are starting a true frosh with no true experience. I think we win this thing. We just need to stop the run and we win.
Past outings. That's pretty much it. What have we shown in the past that would indicate that we can stick with, or beat, a team of Bama's caliber? The staff and players have to give some fans a reason to believe that they can beat a top 5 team.

This is our most experienced team in over a decade. They haven't proven anything on the field yet to consider them the best. Experience doesn't decide games unfortunately.
I'd take the 2017 team just looking at depth charts.

Advertisement
Back