What is your expectations for the Alabama Game?

Bama wins 99% of their games, so being realistic, I am not expecting a win. What I expect/want is progress, being disciplined, no dumb penalties, no dumb turnovers, no Pope or Wiggins dropping passes, playing hard for 60 minutes, in short "showing up".

Advertisement
The Canes and ready and believe they can win. If we avoid costly mistakes like bad turnovers and special teams miscues, I think we are in the game. We have the experience and enough talent and coaching to be very good and compete wits all teams. And once you can compete, you can win.

Fast and loose….

1629569032341.jpeg

My expectation is literally "hope for the best".
Hopefully we improved enough on the OL so it won't be a repeat of Clemson and it gives us a chance.
Hopefully we can hold up in the front seven enough that they don't just lean on us for 5 yards a pop and it gives us a chance.
Regardless if we don't come out on top I won't see it as an indication of how the season will go.
It's a tall task...we have a chance...but some parts of our team need to show drastic improvement for us to pull it off...hope it happens.

Advertisement
OL and DL will determine this game. Hopefully, we get healthier.

Their regular season losses over the last decade are:

2019: #2 LSU and #15 Auburn
2017: #6 Auburn
2015: #15 Ole Miss
2014: #11 Ole Miss
2013: #4 Auburn
2012: #15 Texas A&M
2011: #1 LSU

I don't think it's impossible to beat them. They sometimes lose these games. But they're also 42-8 against ranked teams in that same time period (SEC ranking bias aside).

Given what we saw last year, I'm worried about Miami letting them jump ahead by a lot really quickly. I have confidence that if Miami can hang for the first quarter then it'll be a game. And I don't mean barely hang, like the Clemson game, I mean they look even through 1.

Advertisement
In 13 full seasons at Bama, Satan only has 2 where they're undefeated. So odds are, they'll lose at least one this year. No reason it shouldn't be against us in a season opener where they have almost no experience on offense against a team like ours that is going to play aggressive and fast.

In recent history, we’ve had a few big openers vs LSU and Florida. Although we lost both for different reasons, for the most part the team showed up to play. I expect them to show up.

one of my former teammates played for Lashlee at UConn, said he’s one of the best play callers in the game without a question (also said he’s never heard anyone say a bad thing about him) . I expect lashlee to come out guns blazin lol
The team showed up to play against LSU??? Check the tape again lol

Advertisement
Certainly a test of expectations vs reality in two weeks.

I don't think the expectations for the fanbase match the reality of the current landscape of college football, unfortunately.

I expect them to punch us in the mouth early and try to run it down our throats with some isolated shot plays. We stay close for 1/2 to 3/4 of the game and lose by 20ish. I expect us to have chances to cut it closer and just don't quite have the horses in the trenches to do it. Do NOT expect it to be the type of game that ruins our season

Advertisement
If we’re not in it going into the 4th I know we’re the same old Miami.

No meltdowns like we saw versus UF a couple of years ago. Be competitive and don’t blow the game by shooting our selves in the foot.

Bama wins 99% of their games, so being realistic, I am not expecting a win. What I expect/want is progress, being disciplined, no dumb penalties, no dumb turnovers, no Pope or Wiggins dropping passes, playing hard for 60 minutes, in short "showing up".
+1000%

I expect Diaz to do the following

Send Misile Carter to nuclear strike in Young's ribcage discontinuing said QB for the game ( non life threatening)

Then... send misime Carter to tactical strike the head of WR Mitchie discontinuing said WR (for the game) and sending missile Carter to the showers.

Then only then.. they will **** on their pants in awe to nuclear Carter strikes and we will overcome talent to win a close one

Advertisement
Back