What is your expectations for the Alabama Game?

For the people expecting to lose, I scratch my head. If the mindset is expect to lose you WILL lose.
For the fans expecting to win it is the ingredient to pulling off the upset. You have to expect to win to have a chance.
Alabama and teams like them have been upset before and they can be beat when we play them in the opener. It starts with expecting to win.
I expect them to win every game and plan accordingly.

With that said, there is expectation and being pollyannaish.

Advertisement
For the people expecting to lose, I scratch my head. If the mindset is expect to lose you WILL lose.
For the fans expecting to win it is the ingredient to pulling off the upset. You have to expect to win to have a chance.
Alabama and teams like them have been upset before and they can be beat when we play them in the opener. It starts with expecting to win.

What you think, I think, or anyone not on the field that day, it matters not one single bit what we think. You nor I are playing.

I hope to look decent. Still think we get beat bad, it's our MO in big games, but have some flashes and positive moments. We haven't had those kinds of moments lately against top competition.

Advertisement
As long as we keep it within two scores, I'll be happy. We can't have another Clemson style *** kicking. We just need to be competitive. Something like a 35 to 24 score would be fine by me

While a win would be awesome, I am expecting progress. Keep it within 2 TDs and we can leave with our heads held high. Regardless, I will be there cheering for my Canes and trash talking Bama fans every chance I get.

Advertisement
Going by Manny’s history but also assuming we are a much improved team my guess is:

Down 14 in the 4th. Team fighting hard and keeping game within reach but we never really threaten to actually win. Late TD puts us within one score. Unsuccessful onside kick. Game over.

38-31.

The team showed up to play against LSU??? Check the tape again lol
We lost by 2 scores with Rosier at QB with a team that went 15-0 the following year with the multiple top 5 picks.

Yeah besides quarterback play, I’d say we showed up…..

Advertisement
We lost by 2 scores with Rosier at QB with a team that went 15-0 the following year with the multiple top 5 picks.

C'mon man, we were down 33-3 and LSU mailed it in, we did not show up whatsoever. With all the hype surrounding the program (we didn't truly know how a$$ Rosier was), it was one of the biggest letdowns I've ever been apart of. Walked out of that stadium mid 3Q.

They boatraced us in the first half then they put their backups in and our starters were able to be competitive with them and made the score look more respectable. They could’ve beaten us 60-10 that day if they wanted to. It was a blowout

Season 8 Episode 2 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Advertisement
I expect us to try and rattle Young early. All 5-star QB's are glorified superheroes until the lights come on, and although our defense does have plenty of holes, you know very well Manny will have the pressure dialed up to force Young to go through his progressions quickly. Whether he can remains to be seen, but I expect him to make a few mistakes as we load up the box and force him to throw.

Offensively, we have to start fast. Going down 14-0 will give Young confidence to settle into the game, whereas if we can strike quickly and put a little pressure on the bag throwing rednecks, he'll tighten up. All I can ask for as someone who considers themselves a realist is to be within 10 points heading into the 4Q. Make no mistake - Alabama is still good, but this isn't nearly the same team as last season. There's holes on the o-line and at WR (QB as well), and yes they can just plug in uber talented dudes, but it's all for show until the lights really come on and bodies are flying. Defensively they'll be better than last year but they can be torched. That's where our offense (and Lashlee) needs to prove they can score routinely on the big boys. Lashlee **** himself against Clemson and couldn't scheme around our horrid o-line being ravaged by Clemson's front 7, can't have that happen again. I don't expect it to be a reoccurring issue given we have the most experienced o-line in college football, but I have to see it to believe it.

I'm thinking we lose something like 34-27, but would not be shocked if we pulled out the upset. Anything within a 10 point loss is a sign this program is moving in the right direction. A 21+ point blowout would, as other have already alluded to, be an indicator that we have the same Miami team on our hands that can't compete with the upper echelon of college football.

My body is ready for 9/4, I hope those sellouts in KKK land are too because I think the boys in Orange and Green are arriving in the ATL seeking blood.

Advertisement
Back