What is your expectations for the Alabama Game?

I expect to lose..... but I'd be very happy being competitive for 4 qtrs.

Just want to look like we belong on the same field as bama.

Advertisement
To see if we're making any headway and hope that some improbable things happen that propels you to victory.

You don't go into a game against the nation's top team with arguably the best coach of all time from where we've been and expect a win. ****, they don't lose season openers and generally smash their opponents anytime anywhere.

It's one game. There's always a chance to win, but the odds aren't good. It's a test, one of many this team will face as we hopefully build towards better times.

Fan feelings and emotions won't matter one bit. If they did, we're doomed as their fan base dwarfs ours.
Respectfully, I totally disagree. Any team can be beat at any time. No matter how great one seems to be they can have a bad day......with the help of a CAT 5 Hurricane!

I will never concede to losing before anything is played. Just not in my DNA. However, if it gives you and others a warm and fuzzy feeling, go right ahead.

Unless I missed it earlier the one thing that we really have to take into account is Manny Diaz's ability, or lack of ability to coach, especially in a big game. Remember this guy has managed to lose to FIU and allowed North Carolina to run for records in a game. Based on this guy's track record its hard to have confidence in a Canes win and based on his record its hard not to anticipate a blow out.

What has changed since last year? Yes there is more experience on the team and he is coaching the defense but he has absolute stunk up the place in games in which he has had extra time to prepare his team and especially against good teams.

I understand that "hope springs eternal" but what have we concretely seen that is an indicator that things have changed!

Advertisement
For the people expecting to lose, I scratch my head. If the mindset is expect to lose you WILL lose.
For the fans expecting to win it is the ingredient to pulling off the upset. You have to expect to win to have a chance.
Alabama and teams like them have been upset before and they can be beat when we play them in the opener. It starts with expecting to win.
Fan expectations have zero effect on the game result…

I am confused as to why no one seems to think we can win this game or make it close. This is our best team in over a decade and they are starting a true frosh with no true experience. I think we win this thing. We just need to stop the run and we win.
A fan with gumption! Expect to win, its the only way you can begin have a chance.

Advertisement
Some cane fans will be brought back to earth, some will complain about a couple meaningless calls even if we lose by 30, some will dismiss it and say we will still win out and some will hate saban even more. I think all can fans will clearly see the gap between bama and Miami

You're right, and thanks for correcting me. I'll just read through all posts of the whiny, whimpy, losers expecting to be beat before the game is played. Thanks :cool:
Whiny, wimpy, sunshine pumper…doesn’t matter. The posts and expectations won’t have any impact on the game

It's alright, I find it hysterical that you post at all. Sorry/not sorry my opinion hurt your sensitivities, not sure I can even keep you straight from the hundred other variations on your username, otherwise I'd look to see if leaky vag replies to opinion threads is your normal forte.

As far as your - "they have a dozen analysts, we have eight, plus Shoop, who has magic powers and really counts as two," it goes a bit deeper than that...

Bags has 'nine analysts?' They brought over 50+ support personnel to the title game last year. Try again there bud.

But hey, was having this same conversation with Miami-back! bros challenging others for not being 'true fans' a decade ago, and if anything the distance between the haves and the have nots has turned into an insurmountable gulf.

Yeah, the guy hired to hand feed Saban his lunch and the intern inflating game balls will really be the difference.

Advertisement
I expect us to abuse Josh Jobe. I think he is a mental midget that can be taken advantage of. We will abuse him. How many do we need to hang on these toothless inbred cousin suckers sprinkled with South Florida sellouts? I say 52 points and we win. Get their talented freshman an to cough up some passes and we take advantage. 52-38 we prevail. Buck Fama. 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Their regular season losses over the last decade are:

2019: #2 LSU and #15 Auburn
2017: #6 Auburn
2015: #15 Ole Miss
2014: #11 Ole Miss
2013: #4 Auburn
2012: #15 Texas A&M
2011: #1 LSU

I don't think it's impossible to beat them. They sometimes lose these games. But they're also 42-8 against ranked teams in that same time period (SEC ranking bias aside).

Given what we saw last year, I'm worried about Miami letting them jump ahead by a lot really quickly. I have confidence that if Miami can hang for the first quarter then it'll be a game. And I don't mean barely hang, like the Clemson game, I mean they look even through 1.
Jesus, when was the last time they lost a non-confence game during the regular season?

Advertisement
very simple, compete to a point where we are in the game in the 4th quarter....

Two keys, they need to stop the run early and often. And get first downs from the very beginning(teams that have success vs the Tide pile up plays and then hit big plays later)

Hey, lets start being the Miami Hurricanes, again. No better time than now

Respectfully, I totally disagree. Any team can be beat at any time. No matter how great one seems to be they can have a bad day......with the help of a CAT 5 Hurricane!

I will never concede to losing before anything is played. Just not in my DNA. However, if it gives you and others a warm and fuzzy feeling, go right ahead.

Uh, where did I ever say someone couldn't be beat? You should go back and read what I typed out.

You won't concede to losing before a game you have absolutely nothing to do with besides being an observer? Seems to me, you're the one with warm and fuzzy feelings thinking you matter in some abstract way with the final outcome of the game. Guess it's a DNA thing.

Sorry if any of that comes across as ******, but your post doesn't make a lot of sense regarding what I typed out. Fan feelings, opinions, prognostications, etc don't win or lose games in any sport.

Advertisement
Back