What is Jaccuri Brown’s potential as a QB at Miami?

Advertisement
JB11 strengths won’t be on full display in a controlled setting where he can’t improvise at this stage in his career. The freshman QB looks good because as long as he is wearing that black practice jersey he’s basically in 7on7 drills. JB11 definitely needs a redshirt year. As fans we shouldn’t crown Emory just yet. It’s too early to tell. I tell you what JB11 is the type of player that transfers to a team with a OC who highlights his strengths and everyone would drag Mario for letting him walk!

He has a cannon for an arm but it seems like we should have seen improvement from an accuracy stand point by now and from all reports it sounds like one play is a laser into a tight window and the next is in the dirt five yards short of the receiver. Also his long ball is always overthrown.

The Thompson kid I at UVA is going to play in the league. UVA has him running routes, end arounds, lined up tight and blocking, running gadget plays….a real Swiss Army knife guy. I think Dawson could dial up some cool **** with Jacurri in that way.

Advertisement
He can't throw with accuracy. It's not that hard to figure out. Either he will change positions or move on.

Mike Leach once said, you can't take a high school qb and make him accurate, yet there are still NFL execs that think you can take an inaccurate college qb and make them accurate. It just doesn't work that way.

Accuracy needs to improve by a lot pretty soon. Right now he's the former Clemson QB with the last name that looks like your cat layed on your keyboard.

Advertisement
I never understood why a huge portion of this board saw him as a shoe in starter and the answer.accuracy is everything

I think it had to do with josh gattis moving Brown to QB2 ahead of Garcia. People seemed to think Brown was closer than he was. That and the average football fan is always looking for that "lightning in a bottle" QB ala Vince Young, Cam Newton, Lamar Jackson.

Advertisement
Didn't read the whole thread, but if the kid from fsu can turn out to be a good QB I have a hard time betting against anyone.
Being a hard worker tends to pay off.

If he figures it all out, he's the kind of QB who can lead you to the playoffs despite the fact that we haven't been recruiting like a playoff team for the last 3 years.

If he doesn't figure it out, he's the type of player who can lead you to 5-7, like he did for much of last year.

He needs to get some accuracy in his throws, and that's a tough thing to teach. But that's the part he needs to get figured out. He has everything else you could want.

Advertisement
I am not going to read the same posts repeatedly. I agree he is a super talented athlete that has the potential to impact any game he enters. Is he ever going to overcome his deficiencies that will allow him to eventually become a stud QB? In my opinion the answer is NO. But I do believe that the right offensive coordinator can find a way to develop him enough to utilize his strengths to dominate certain situations on offense. I hope that is the goal

If his goal is to make money in the NFL, he probably should change positions. If his goal is to be a HOF QB he should red shirt and work after hours with his personal QB coach with the knowledge that he might end up selling insurance or teaching history. If I were his agent, I would push the position change.

Kid should be Miami’s version of the “BellDozer” for the foreseeable future. Won’t be the starter for at least 2 more years, probably ever.

Advertisement
Back