What is Jaccuri Brown’s potential as a QB at Miami?

CDWright40

@jbcanes-nc is *** for Zelenskyy.
Premium
I like the kid. I’ve heard nothing but positive stuff from a character standpoint. Last year he showed great effort and athleticism but arm talent is a big question mark obviously. He has been on campus over a year so he still has time to develop. I’m curious how long you look at him as the qb of the future when his game is so one dimensional.

There is a kid named Kayteon Thompson (99) at UVA who was recruited as a QB and now plays WR/TE flex hybrid. He was a nightmare matchup for us and I think if Jacurri decided this was his path to success he could be a better version of Thompson.

Roast away.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely Redshirt or get used like the Saints use Taysom Hill. He definitely needs a good QB coach during off season to get reps in! His confidence has probably taken a bit of a dive! Hoping he uses this year to get better! Footballville interview with Kam definitely makes me think he’s slightly an over thinker which can mess with your results

Advertisement
We knew he was a ~2 year project as a passer coming in. Wait and see.
THIS. We knew he was a project and needed a couple years of seasoning before we could expect anything from him, HE committed here with idea he would be able to develop behind two four star type QBs. He came with mindset he was going to work and develop. He has said it himself he never had any qb coach or learned any passing concepts in high school, all his high school team did was run him. He never been in a passing scheme compared to some of these qbs who have personal qb coaches and been in passing offenses for year..

Advertisement
I don't have the same patience for every player. Some players, I am quicker to move on from. But some players have so much physical ability, I just have to ride it to the wheels fall off because of the upside. I truly feel that if we can somehow develop this kid, he can transcend this program. It's what NFL franchises were hoping they can tap into with the Richardson kid out of UF. And lord knows Miami could use a transcendent player, especially at the quarterback position.

Let him take some reps at tight end and see if he likes it. Hes got the height and im sure hes got good hands and w know hes got the wheels. could be like a Nojuku type .

Advertisement
Back