What if the ACC went to 16 Teams?

Advertisement
Adding WVU makes a ton of sense especially because of the rivalries they could renew from their time in Big East with teams like Miami, Pitt, and VT.

Geographically and academically Temple makes sense, but I don’t think they have the resources their athletics department would need to compete.

UConn doesn’t bring much to the table from a competition or academics standpoint, but they have a legitimate brand and certainly have the facilities and resources to be in a power 5 conference.

Adding WVU makes a ton of sense especially because of the rivalries they could renew from their time in Big East with teams like Miami, Pitt, and VT.

Geographically and academically Temple makes sense, but I don’t think they have the resources their athletics department would need to compete.

UConn doesn’t bring much to the table from a competition or academics standpoint, but they have a legitimate brand and certainly have the facilities and resources to be in a power 5 conference.

UCONN has the biggest budget in the AAC and have been nothing more than a disappointment.

The ACC doesn’t need to add anybody. But if they did, it would have nothing to do with recruiting territory. It would be about a school that could compete in all major sports. There is no way the league takes another half member like ND or another school without baseball like Syracuse. And I don’t think they would ever elevate another Florida school either. Right now no school fits that criteria except WVU. Still don’t think they should be added though

Yea? Cincinnati barely fills their 32,000 seat stadium already
They had a $90 mill renovation, got the stadium up to 40k and they have no problem filling the stadium when they're good/aren't playing in a joke of a conference that the AAC is. I'm from Cincinnati. You again have no idea what you're talking about. UK and UL football are irrelevant to the people of Cincinnati.

Advertisement
UCONN has the biggest budget in the AAC and have been nothing more than a disappointment.

UConn athletics spend $81M in athletics expenses last year while bringing in $40M. I just don't see any backing with adding them besides the basketball programs.

They had a $90 mill renovation, got the stadium up to 40k and they have no problem filling the stadium when they're good/aren't playing in a joke of a conference that the AAC is. I'm from Cincinnati. You again have no idea what you're talking about. UK and UL football are irrelevant to the people of Cincinnati.

I am from Columbus so I know what you mean. I don't see Cinci as being a fit for the ACC. Big 10 or Big 12 for sure. None of this will matter when the P5 conferences start to merge haha

Notre Dame and Navy.

UCF is probably a popular initial idea but I have zero interest in elevating their athletics in-state and they're not a great overall match academically.

I also eliminate the divisions within the conference too.

I would think UCF elevation would hurt UF recruiting more than us. Gators pull much more from there than we do. Definitely take ND if we can and put the, in Coatal with us. Home and home UMvND games would be massive TV ratings. As an Alternative to either or both, I would want a Louisiana and or TX team for expanding our recruiting opportunities. Golden left a permanent bad taste for anything Temple so strong no to them.

There have been talks of 4 16 Team Conferences for a few years now. The plan that goes with it (currently) would be a disaster for football IMHO. That said, there may be advantages to this in other sports.
If ACC goes to 16 teams, absolutely want ND as full member in spite of how much i can't stand them.

Advertisement
UConn athletics spend $81M in athletics expenses last year while bringing in $40M. I just don't see any backing with adding them besides the basketball programs.

Trust me I dont support UCONN to the ACC either. Their stadium is 35 miles away from Campus, absolutely no recruiting base, and the state didnt even support the football program when they was winning.

UCONN is more likely to drop to FCS than they are to move to another conference. That program is on life support.

and considering those **** sued Miami when we left the BE...yeah, **** those guys.

Advertisement
I am from Columbus so I know what you mean. I don't see Cinci as being a fit for the ACC. Big 10 or Big 12 for sure. None of this will matter when the P5 conferences start to merge haha
They got screwed out of B12 on the last round of expansion when they voted to stand pat. They were going to be added. B10 will never add UC because OSU would never sign off on that. ACC expanding into the Cincinnati media market makes sense, as its one of the biggest TV markets in the country. Basketball matches up too. I agree though, it's not happening anything soon.

WVU is perfect if you can get them I just don't see the Big12 letting them out easily even though you know they want Pittsburgh in the worst way

Well if ND wants in you take them. If they stay idle I would look to add Temple to give us that NY market and I would skip WV, ***** Uconn and look at either UCF or stretch it with a Houston pick up. That would be the in into another large market.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back