What if the ACC went to 16 Teams?

The goal of undergrad is to get the best education you can, for the lowest price possible. Only a dumbass would go into significant debt, for a BS/BA. If you are intelligent enough to get paid to attend an elite school, then go for it. If not, hit the best in state school you can get into. If you are the kind of kid that knows how to play the game, and maxes out, you will get noticed no matter where you go.

That really depends on your major. In general I agree with you, but if you are getting some sort of business degree than it is worth it to go to a better school. If you get a business degree from a school like FIU or FAU you are probably going to end up working as an FA at Merril Lynch or something of that caliber and have no shot of landing any front office positions at respectable firms straight out of college. However, if you go to an Ivy or Stanford you opened the door to being able to get a front office position at a good firm. Even going to a Duke or an ND, with great grades you can get a position of that caliber.

Advertisement
Memphis makes a lot of sense:

— Great basketball school
— Competitive football school
— Expands ACC’s geographic footprint
— Located in a major city w/high school talent
— Solid fan support

Will probably get laughed at but I would love it if UAB would be considered. Academically it is strong. They would make a natural rival for GA TECH. Birmingham is one of the top college football markets, and Miami could come up here and lay one in Alabama's backyard every few years. The city is building the school a new stadium, and the school has made moves to keep Bill Clark around. The basketball program has had success in the past.

Advertisement
Will probably get laughed at but I would love it if UAB would be considered. Academically it is strong. They would make a natural rival for GA TECH. Birmingham is one of the top college football markets, and Miami could come up here and lay one in Alabama's backyard every few years. The city is building the school a new stadium, and the school has made moves to keep Bill Clark around. The basketball program has had success in the past.
They would be another solid choice.

Well ****, as long as we're all dropping LSD...Memphis and WVU.

Outside the box, stay at 14 football schools and add Georgetown to go to 16 in all other sports.

If I had to bring in a program for the ACC (other then obviously ND).

#1 is Houston. Great Benefits.
Texas/Houston is a huge Market.
Big City (The ACC has a lot of big city schools - Miami, Pitt etc)
Houston has been making a huge effort to be a good football program. (Stealing Holgorsen, new Stadium, facilities, etc)
Solid fans support which would probably increase with a move to the P5.
When they get an above average coach they win.

#2 would be West Virginia
Good, proud football program, but I don't how much they are interested in leaving the Big12. Great fan base and they have more rivals in the ACC then the Big 12 (Mia, Pitt, etc).

#3 If I can't get WVU then I'd go with the Cincinnati Bearcats
Very good market in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Very nice fan base.
Cinncy is one of those schools I think can thrive in the P5. Every time they, like Houston, get a above average coach they win.
Oh yeah, they are also pretty good in basketball too.

If your one of those people who want to give a hand to USF or UCF your an idiot. Those schools bring nothing. How quick we forget those programs had no value with empty stadiums and when I say empty I mean straight up only 100 people in attendance less then 5 years ago. They have to make up championships just to keep fan interested. Matter of fact, USF has had one of their best run as a D1 program and their stadium was always empty and they give you nothing else and all they will do is just give us more headaches in recruiting if they do win a little.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back