Miami
Florida State
Clemson
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
NC State
Duke
Wake Forest

Bro we’d never make it out of the South alive. Lol maybe once every 4 years. No thanks. Let me stick with my cake (Coastal division) and eat it too.

Advertisement
I take my vote back. I don’t want to add anyone because it would make us add another conference game to a schedule.

Give me UF every year instead so we have a true State Champ while we skull **** the wannabes.

Expanding only makes sense if its ND joining. IF the Big 12 falls apart, we grab WVU to make 16. If not, we should stay at 15 and just scrap the divisions. we could still have a conference champ game at the end like the big 12 has now. Our 2 divisions should be scrapped now honestly. They are lopsided, and make no sense.
Adding anyone other than those 2 teams would be a net negative to the conference.

Advertisement
I take my vote back. I don’t want to add anyone because it would make us add another conference game to a schedule.

Give me UF every year instead so we have a true State Champ while we skull **** the wannabes.

UF could easily be the on P5 game on the schedule every year

Last edited:
Adding ND and WVU defintaly will not water down the schedule. Forcing the conference to 9 games and eliminating the gimme FCS game will not water down anything.

WVU is a terrible candidate for UM and for ACC in general.
For starters, they bring zero recruiting territory to the conference.
That state is bereft of prep talent, so this means they have to rely on
Out-of-state talent.
Guess where they will be looking?
To make matters worse, they will prey on kids who are borderline eligible academically, who with a little work can get into UM but will forsake that option.
Temple brings us more exposure to eastern PA and South Jersey and Navy to the DMV....I would go with those 2 instead.

Advertisement
They do fit the bill. My hesitation with WVU stems from our Big East days and attending a game in that sh1thole Morgantown. They make LSU and Miami fans look like a wine and cheese crowd. By far some of the most inbred toothless white trash in existence. I remember when Ferguson (sp) our tailback tore his acl there and the fans prevented the ambulance from taking him to the hospital. They where actually rocking it trying to tip it with him inside. Then the couch burning, spitting, beer can throwing. That whole state can’t die out from their Heroin epidemic fast enough.

I think that actually helps WVU because they would bring a program that everyone can hate and that would bring compelling TV. What made Big East basketball so good back in the day was because everyone pretty much hated each other.

1. Do you think this is even possible?

2. What 2 teams would you have join? Do you force Notre Dame into being a full time member. Or do you tell Notre Dame to take the rest of your teams and **** off and bring in 2 other teams as full members?

3. What 2 teams would you bring in to make it 16?

1. Easily possible. Already discussed. I'm sure the ACC even has a contingency plan.

2. Notre Dame is 1A all day long. I've said it before, every year that ND makes the Final Four (or into the old BCS conversation) it probably adds another 10 years to when they MIGHT seriously consider joining a conference. It strengthens their resolve. They won't even start to give serious consideration until they fail every year until 2030, mark my words.

3. Notre Dame is 1A all day long. Now, if you want to add massive TV markets and massive alumni bases, and begin to combat the SEC in Florida, then you clearly have to take UCF and USF. However, I fully understand a hesitation among UM and F$U fans to "elevate" UCF and USF, not to mention the obvious argument that the ACC is strong enough in Florida with UM and F$U. So, then, assuming that the most logical argument would be to hit eastern states in which there is not already an ACC preference. The obvious targets, by size, would be Ohio and Tennessee (Cincy and Memphis), followed by West Virginia and Connecticut (WVU and UConn).

Out-of-state talent.
To make matters worse, they will prey on kids who are borderline eligible academically, who with a little work can get into UM but will forsake that option.
Temple brings us more exposure to eastern PA and South Jersey and Navy to the DMV....I would go with those 2 instead.

Those teams don't have fans, so it does't matter what market they are in. college football is a TV show. You have to bring in a product people will watch. No G5 team comes close to WVU

Advertisement
Out-of-state talent.

The ACC has the entire East Coast, all of the recruiting areas is already covered.

Temple is a joke, and Navy will only bring Football. The ACC is already an All-sports conference outside of ND.

Add Notre Dame as a full member.

Then add the University of Cincinnati as the 16th member.

ACC North

Notre Dame
Cincinnati
Syracuse
Boston College
Pitt
Louisville
UVA
VT

ACC South

G Tech
Clemson
Miami
FSU
Wake
NC State
UNC
Duke

9 conference games per year.

Division winners play for the conference title.
I like it

Advertisement
You guyzzzz throwing around the likes of WVU and Cincy fail to realize that the majority of ACC presidents view those places as academic trash- especially WVU. Louisville

No, you absolutely have to have it in the era of the Playoff but I just go to the best 2 conference records get in. Obviously not ideal since you have too many teams to play each other every year but the divisional formal isn't exactly always super fair either.

This strengthens the overall conference by giving you the best possible championship game and you get Miami playing Clemson or BC more than once a decade, etc etc.
I can get behind that. Like you alluded to tho, who would the ACC get that has a respectable football program, enough eyeballs to bring revenue rather than suck it, AND academics in line w the rest of the conference? I don’t know.

You do understand WVU games draw pretty good TV ratings nationwide. They also have a very strong presence up and down the east coast. And if Louisville can get into the ACC with weak academics, WVU can also.
I'll give you the Louisville academics, but they brought the Cincinnati market right across the river in theory with them also. And have championships in basketball, although I guess now 1 less of those. I live a little over an hour from Wvu's campus. They bring nothing. Pittsburgh is the only close city and they barely bring Pitt let alone wvu. It's a pro sports city. Nobody but wvu alums and their own state residents are talking about them or cares. If you HAD to expand to 16, okay maybe you could find other ways to justify them, but they certainly aren't worth adding and splitting revenue with if not.

Those teams don't have fans, so it does't matter what market they are in. college football is a TV show. You have to bring in a product people will watch. No G5 team comes close to WVU

I don't give a flip about TV ratings or how many people show up to games.
If we take care of our business, there will be fannies in seats. If want schools that will bring us exposure to new recruiting grounds.
WVU is shiit in this regard and may even hurt us for a kid or two every recruiting cycle.

I'll give you the Louisville academics, but they brought the Cincinnati market right across the river in theory with them also. And have championships in basketball, although I guess now 1 less of those. I live a little over an hour from Wvu's campus. They bring nothing. Pittsburgh is the only close city and they barely bring Pitt let alone wvu. It's a pro sports city. Nobody but wvu alums and their own state residents are talking about them or cares. If you HAD to expand to 16, okay maybe you could find other ways to justify them, but they certainly aren't worth adding and splitting revenue with if not.

Louisville is about an hour from Cincinnati, its not right across the river. Louisville helps bring the Cincinnati market because of the High alumni base there.

Advertisement
Back