What if Butch Davis would've stayed at Miami? (Article)

You need lessons from someone, you are rather ignorant..
Ignorant...LoL....I forgot more about UM FB than you'll ever know in your life....Now go to Bed F-Boy...and let people who actually not only know the players and coaches...but was there....

Advertisement
I agree, but that was not the question. Again, Jimmy built on Howard’s foundation. Anyone who does not recognize that is not paying attention.
We are well aware if it.....Love Schnelly....Actually Idolize him....but the fact of the matter is...JJ took it to another level....especially Defensively.....No question in my mind that JJ is UMs best Coach....and thats NO slight on Shnellenberger.....Everyone always says....What if Howard stays at UM??...My response....What if JJ stays??....

Advertisement
Ok, done with this. I see no way Butch stays long enough for that.

And then the Internet kicks in and changes recruiting, period.

Erickson won 2 NCs with JJs kids....The 89 and 91 teams were 90% JJs.....After that...Erickson was a NOTORIOUS lazy recruiter....

Yeah, that's true, but Erickson still won two National Championships. Even with JJ's teams.

Clappy won with Butch's team. And the Ref cheated us out of a second NC in 2002 - again - Butch's guys!

Not many seem to be aware - but Butch Davis recruited big time for Jimmy Johnson. I recall he'd leave on Thursdays - and hit the recruiting trail - and while JJ always had final say - JJ's teams (and by default Erickson's early teams), Butch's own team, and then Clappy's early teams were all primarily evaluated and recruited by Butch Davis.

Technically, our great days outside of Schnellenberger - a large percentage of those players were evaluated and recruited by Butch.

Advertisement

Well since I know Butch....I agree with what I say.....What makes me laugh is...your basically saying Butch from 2001 till now....wouldn't or couldn't win only 2-3 more NCs in 17yrs??......C'mon man.....

The Academic scandal may have had nothing to do with him, but the improper benefits definitely did. I'm talking 13 kids suspended in 1 season. Butch made his longtime friend and assistant coach take the fall for him and every AD around the country knows that's why he's unofficially blackballed from P5.

I don't want to burst your bubble but nearly every kid who got drafted out of UNC that Butch touched was already pretty highly ranked and none of them were 3 stars And guess what, 4 out of 6 of those kids were bought and paid for. (in bold)

Marvin Austin was A 5star
Robert Quinn 4 star

Quinten Coples 4 star
Giovanni Bernard 4 star
Quantavious Sturdivant 4 star
Greg Little 4 star

Butch's #1 mistake was leaving wasn't leaving UM for the Browns, it was leaving UM and not starting his own cult.

Cute. Now should I show you who's getting paid at Alabama or Ohio State?

FIU finished 65th in recruiting and they are typically sub 100 but sure FIU bags.

Not really. We've recently picked up some real gems - not on blast with the recruiting services. Besides - Butch was spending some serious time out evaluating - and then recruiting. That was what I think was one of his favorite parts of coaching.

Yeah, that's true, but Erickson still won two National Championships. Even with JJ's teams.

Clappy won with Butch's team. And the Ref cheated us out of a second NC in 2002 - again - Butch's guys!

Not many seem to be aware - but Butch Davis recruited big time for Jimmy Johnson. I recall he'd leave on Thursdays - and hit the recruiting trail - and while JJ always had final say - JJ's teams (and by default Erickson's early teams), Butch's own team, and then Clappy's early teams were all primarily evaluated and recruited by Butch Davis.

Technically, our great days outside of Schnellenberger - a large percentage of those players were evaluated and recruited by Butch.
From 1984 till 88 if and when JJ wanted someone....he sent Butch....That is 100% Fact....

Advertisement
From 1984 till 88 if and when JJ wanted someone....he sent Butch....That is 100% Fact....

Damned right!

A lot of these pups don't know half of what they think they know.

And by the way - if JJ wanted someone - it was usually because Butch indicated that JJ really, really wanted that player.

Damned right!

A lot of these pups don't know half of what they think they know.

And by the way - if JJ wanted someone - it was usually because Butch indicated that JJ really, really wanted that player.
Archer...They dont...and WTF is so outlandish with Butch winning 2-3 more NCs if he would've stayed??....A matter of fact....that might be conservative.

Archer...They dont...and WTF is so outlandish with Butch winning 2-3 more NCs if he would've stayed??....A matter of fact....that might be conservative.
Man Won a NC at UM as a coach
Won 2 SB Rings as a coach
Goes to a BB School and proceeds to Beat UM 3 outta 4
But no chance he Wins 2-3 more NCs at UM if he stays??.....smh

Advertisement
A lot of our fans are still bitter w how Butch left. They look for any excuse to bash him. They do it to the players that leave early too, when we’re on the cusp of taking the next step (see Kaaya, McIntosh, Norton)

I will never diss Butch. He took us from the ashes. But I can’t lie, I was hella salty at him leaving and for who he left us for. But time has gone on; I wished he came back. But it is what it is. Just looking forward to smashing him and FIU this season

I think so....He should've played & beat OU....would've Won 2001...2002 and very possibly 2003....The level of recruiting took a massive dive under Larry....also....assistants left UM as well...(Chuds...Johnson..etc)...To make matters worse...Kehoe and Soldinger are fired....ALL those guys were Butch hires....I know one thing......If Butch were to have stayed...we'd have more NCs than we do now....The number of kids we lost out on because of Clappy...Shannon and Golden...wouldn't of happened with Butch....

No bridges burned either

If Butch Davis couldn't win it all in 2000, why does he win the next year?
Back in 1999, his coaching decisions resulted in all three losses. Penn St, ECU???, , FSU.
Talent evaluator, why Ryan Clement for 3 long years? Scott Covington was clearly better, after 98 season Botch say Scott would have a 10 year NFL career. Huh?
Flying the coop, for the Browns, shows great Football acumen, right.
Botch, don't let the door hit ya in the ***..

What?? U sound stupid, in all due respect. We didn’t win it all in 2000 b/c we didn’t have a chance to win it all! If I’m not mistaken, that 2000 Canes team is still the only team in NCAA history to have 1 or less losses, beat the #1 and #2 ranked schools in the same year, be ranked as the # 2 team in the AP and Coaches poll AND NOT play for a national championship.

We smash OU in 2000 w/o a doubt. They put up, what? 13 points that game??! FOH. We steam roll them.

Advertisement
Back