What if Butch Davis would've stayed at Miami? (Article)

If Nate Webster didn't Absolutely PUNISH RBs and TEs on GreenTree during Practices....didn't matter if it was Edge...James Jackson etc...I'm talking hits so loud..you could hear them from 100yds away...And you BETTER not complain or run your mouth....Thats 100% fact..m

Advertisement
Blades Sr. clearly had an alpha attitude, but I don't recall his play (at least on pass plays) matching it.

A hard hitter, for sure.

My memory may be selective though - I just remember a lot of missed plays and poor angles.

And this isn't meant as a slight on Blades Sr. at all - the Blades helped to build (and rebuild) our program.
Definate Alpha....but not in Nates class...

This is a good question.

I don't think Reed as a sophomore would be as good as Johnson will likely be as a senior.

Johnson played really well for us last year and I'd be surprised if he didn't improve a bit more as a senior.

Reed's final 2 years were amazing, but I don't think he was quite there in his first two years - still learning to play at a high level in the college game.
True, but we’d be comparing Jaquan as a Junior to Reed as a Sophomore for the 1999/2017 comparison. Tough call. Reed really blossomed in 2000.

Blades Sr. clearly had an alpha attitude, but I don't recall his play (at least on pass plays) matching it.

To be frank Bro, JJ was a liability in coverage. He was alright with the underneath stuff, but quite a few times I saw WRs get behind Him on the deep balls.

No...you and your BF Pickledick insinuated that I was a Liar....So in response, I said your more than welcome to stop by...so this entire convo can be put to rest....Of course that'll never happen, because you'd have to come back and admit your nothing but a ***** (which I already know)...So keep on running your mouth...while everything I said is fact...
So not only are you mentally challenged you also suffer from low T. Try Neugenics, it worked for Frank Thomas!

Advertisement
This thread has turned into a slow drive by car accident.

You know you shouldn’t look, but you just can’t help yourself.

His Offensive gameplan vs Bama in the 93 NC was ***.....A One Back or none Backfield....with a So-So Off line....against 2 Bama DL AAs (Curry and Copeland) and your protection for Torretta was a pourous OL....and a 160lb soaking wet RB Conley????....smh

Conley wasn't on the 92 team, he was there from 87-90

Advertisement
That D-Line at Bama was All World...Curry and Copeland FEASTED all game....Erickson let ****** Gene Stallings COMPLETELY out coach him....Crappy OL....facing The two BEST DLmen in America....and your Alcoholic *** has a 160lb RB protecting Torretta??....LoL...not to mention...there were times where Conley lined up at TB...only to split out wide...leaving Torretta all alone with an Atrocious OL in front of him....Smfh....

Larry Jones, Donnell Bennett and Stephen McGuire don't weigh 160 lbs. They were Miami's only RBs to play in that game.

That's true, but Saban started his head coaching career at Toledo. A program that even the probation riddled 5-6 Miami team in 1997 would have smashed.

Maybe, maybe not. 1997 Toledo was 9-3 and coached by Gary Pinkel who made Missouri a very good program in the Big XII and SEC. Our 1997 team was really bad.

Advertisement
I'd have Jaquan Johnson for sure as one of the safeties.

Can't remember all the players at the moment, but Johnson would be one of them.

He's a solid safety - and I know Blades Sr. was one of the safeties on the '99 team.

I don't have a very high opinion of him.

Many, many safeties at Miami have been better than him - and Johnson is one of them.

Ed Reed was the other, though, for some reason (injury, rotation, Jeff, don't call me Gregg Popovich played a lot).

Advertisement
Butch is gonna get smashed on Sept 22nd. As it should be.

Butch Davis is still a football God.
Seriously... I'd like to see FIU give us a fight (but not with fists) considering that I expect Butch's efforts at FIU should improve from last years 8-5 record. Barring the recruiting edge argument in S.Fl… I hate lopsided wins against lame teams.
What do the "experts" foresee with Butch's team in 2018 after his efforts recruiting, coaching, etc. after a year.

Advertisement
Back