What if Butch Davis would've stayed at Miami? (Article)

I'd have Jaquan Johnson for sure as one of the safeties.

Can't remember all the players at the moment, but Johnson would be one of them.

He's a solid safety - and I know Blades Sr. was one of the safeties on the '99 team.

I don't have a very high opinion of him.

Many, many safeties at Miami have been better than him - and Johnson is one of them.

I don't see JJ taking Blades' spot, Blades was the Alpha on the 99' & 00' teams.

Advertisement
Equal at worse...
Having Bucchano
I don't see JJ taking Blades' spot, Blades was the Alpha on the 99' & 00' teams.
Alpha as far as DBs.....No Cot **** way was he more Alpha than Nate Webster....LoL
I can assure you of that....Nate would whip your *** in the middle of practice...in the dining hall...Don't matter where.....And although Blades was the one who dotted Alex Browns eye....Brown should Thank God Nate wasn't there...because I guarantee it would've been ALOT worse.....

Equal doesn’t count. Come on man, I went full ****** set my dumb *** straight you only have 15 left to go.
Of course it doesn't count...it doesn't fit your narrative....Jaquan starts in 99...not in 2000...Ed was a RS Soph in 99....When 2000 rolled around, I'd never seen that much improvement by a UM safety in only one yr....

Of course it doesn't count...it doesn't fit your narrative....Jaquan starts in 99...not in 2000...Ed was a RS Soph in 99....When 2000 rolled around, I'd never seen that much improvement by a UM safety in only one yr....

It doesn’t fit any narrative. You said I went full ****** for saying 1999 team was more talented, so of course saying equal doesn’t count. If you want Jaquan Johnson starting over Ed Reed even though they played different positions, I’ll laugh along and ask what else ya got.

Advertisement
Insinuating I'm a Liar....but as it stands...I'll have Moss growing on my Nuts before that happens.....Like I said 100 times already....Proof is only a short distance away...but of course you wouldn't want to come back on here, and admit your just a Emoji tapping...calling people out Nobody.

Funny that you call people out for using emojis. Let me just point out that you use emojis more than anyone on this thread. I’ll also point out that your emoji-to-post ratio is 2:1 - and you post obsessively.

It doesn’t fit any narrative. You said I went full ****** for saying 1999 team was more talented, so of course saying equal doesn’t count. If you want Jaquan Johnson starting over Ed Reed even though they played different positions, I’ll laugh along and ask what else ya got.
Funny that you call people out for using emojis. Let me just point out that you use emojis more than anyone on this thread. I’ll also point out that your emoji-to-post ratio is 2:1 - and you post obsessively.
STFU...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, I heard Lebatard mention it on The U Pt. 2.
@Brooklyndee would know....If Tennis court was in the conversation with Nate....Then either he....
* Smashed someones head in with a Tennis racket....
* Choked the Sh#t out of someone with Net
* Or....Took Can of Tennis balls and shoved them up someones ***...
And Btw...F that Snitching ******* Lebatard.

Advertisement
This is a good question.

I don't think Reed as a sophomore would be as good as Johnson will likely be as a senior.

Johnson played really well for us last year and I'd be surprised if he didn't improve a bit more as a senior.

Reed's final 2 years were amazing, but I don't think he was quite there in his first two years - still learning to play at a high level in the college game.

Ed Reed was the other safety. His play drastically improved after 1999, but do you put 2017 Jaquan ahead of him?

Blades Sr. clearly had an alpha attitude, but I don't recall his play (at least on pass plays) matching it.

A hard hitter, for sure.

My memory may be selective though - I just remember a lot of missed plays and poor angles.

And this isn't meant as a slight on Blades Sr. at all - the Blades helped to build (and rebuild) our program.

Advertisement
Back