What if Butch Davis would've stayed at Miami? (Article)

Seriously... I'd like to see FIU give us a fight (but not with fists) considering that I expect Butch's efforts at FIU should improve from last years 8-5 record. Barring the recruiting edge argument in S.Fl… I hate lopsided wins against lame teams.
What do the "experts" foresee with Butch's team in 2018 after his efforts recruiting, coaching, etc. after a year.

He's gonna OWN that conference. Guaranteed.

Give him a min to cook his sauce.

(i did misread your post thought you were talking about after next season) I'll still stand by my statement tho

Advertisement
Seriously... I'd like to see FIU give us a fight (but not with fists) considering that I expect Butch's efforts at FIU should improve from last years 8-5 record. Barring the recruiting edge argument in S.Fl… I hate lopsided wins against lame teams.
What do the "experts" foresee with Butch's team in 2018 after his efforts recruiting, coaching, etc. after a year.
Vegas has FIU at a lousy O/U of 5 wins with -110 juice on both sides. Yawn.

Definitely Gerald Willis over Sweeney at one DT spot.

And whoever our KR will be this season will be better than Moser.

Not sure that 1999 roster is accurate. Why is Najeh Davenport not on it? Man, I really don't know which team I think was better, 1999 or 2017. It's a close call.

Good catch. I'm not sure.

Butch Davis Facts.

* Butch Davis's college record since leaving UM 20-28
* Butch Davis pro record 24-35
* Butch Davis firings 2
* Academic Scandals 1
* Improper Benefits Scandals 1
* Number of players suspended at UNC 15
* High Profile job offers since being fired from the NFL 0.

At some point maybe people will realize that maybe the all the coaches from his tree that went on to be way more successful than him were the ones who deserve the majority of the credit.

I'm not the biggest Butch person on here, but his college record would be over .500 if you count his forfeited wins at UNC.

Last edited:
Advertisement

(i did misread your post thought you were talking about after next season) I'll still stand by my statement tho
Always pulling for them... they should own that conference, get by FAU and they may be in top 20 if undefeated. @Poptimus says Vegas doesn't think much of this team. Can't wait for season to start to see for myself.

Not if Lane Kiffin has anything to say about it.

Advertisement
Hate to even mention it but if kiffin,Butch and strong decide not to move on to other opportunities and stay in five years there could be big change in the state of florida.might be saying then that it's no longer the big three(um,fsu and fu) might have to add these schools too.and just maybe the big 3 might not like it but have to pass the torch to them.there is enough talent in Florida for it to happen.

By the way we keep giving kudos to howard,jj,Butch etc for their contributions and we seem to forget an unsung hero.Gary Stevens he has to be one of best coordinators qb coaches of all time.think about it be was involved in developing all our qbs in the eighties.wonder why he never got the chance to be our head coach.

Hate to even mention it but if kiffin,Butch and strong decide not to move on to other opportunities and stay in five years there could be big change in the state of florida.might be saying then that it's no longer the big three(um,fsu and fu) might have to add these schools too.and just maybe the big 3 might not like it but have to pass the torch to them.there is enough talent in Florida for it to happen.

It seems we always get these kinds of posts betwee 12 and 4am.

Candidate for most delusional post of the year.

FIU and FAU will become powerhouses that threaten Miami if Butch and Kiffin stay, y’all got that?

Because the Conference USA is going to breed powerhouses.

Drunk posting is fun.

Delete your account now.

Advertisement

There's one decent coach in that entire threesome and he'll be gone after this season if they continue to win.
Interestingly enough Kiffin's new contract is still unsigned, they came to an "agreement", but no signature yet.

Last edited:
Candidate for most delusional post of the year.

FIU and FAU will become powerhouses that threaten Miami if Butch and Kiffin stay, y’all got that?

Because the Conference USA is going to breed powerhouses.

Drunk posting is fun.

Delete your account now.[/QUO
most delusional if those coaches do stay the college football landscape in Florida will change it won't be just the big three.you say it isn't possible back in the mid 70s people said same about the big three winning ncs.since then the big three in fla have won 11 of them.

I said if they stay it might happen.you have ask yourself this do you build a house on a rock solid fountion.or build it on a sandy shifty foundation.one thing you have to remember Butch and kiffin have already tested the waters and their house came crashing down.

Advertisement
There's one decent coach in that entire threesome and he'll be gone after this season if they continue to win.
Interestingly enough Kiffin's new contract is still unsigned, they came to an "agreement", but no signature yet.

Butch is the only real coach in the discussion between those three. He ain't going nowhere. Full stop.

He waited forever to get a full time gig in So Fla. He's gonna ride off into the sunset at FIU.

I said if they stay it might happen.you have ask yourself this do you build a house on a rock solid fountion.or build it on a sandy shifty foundation.one thing you have to remember Butch and kiffin have already tested the waters and their house came crashing down.

897DC49C-58E6-4511-9EA5-CAA6D920EB38.gif

Original if check it out back in the mid 70s people would've laughed you of town if you said by 2010 the big three(um,fsu and uf) would've won 11 ncs between them.After the big their picks and whoever else comes in and gets some.there is still enough talent in for to field several good teams which could become elite if developed by a good set of coaches.our own tradition proves that done by none other than butch.give Butch time he could put fiu there.

Don't build your house next to the Trump Tower..

Advertisement
Back