What I have learned on this board.

The kid is now talking about Bobby Bowden. He's a scatterbrained moronic kid. Don't expect a response that makes a lick of sense.

So you are saying you don't understand what I said. Let me break it down for you.

Bobby Bowden did not enjoy a lot of improvement when he first went to FSU. His teams had ceilings they never crossed and they actually got worse. Yet, he actually grew as a coach and anyone that saw early Bowden coached teams to later Bowden coach teams knows this very well. He learned a lot as a coach which is nothing crazy and took his lessons and eventually became one of the best coaches in all of CFB.

What am I saying? That a coach can grow on the job and they tend to as well.

Kid, shut the **** up. Seriously. What the **** are you talking about? Bobby Bowden? The guy who took over FSU 40 years ago? And went 11-1 his fourth year at FSU, a school who had a **** football program before him. There's zero in common with Golden there. Bobby Bowden isn't relevant to this discussion at all. You're all over the **** place. My post brought up how you're pretending the first half of the season didn't happen, and you respond by bringing up Bobby Bowden.

The worst types of dumb people are those that don't realize they're dumb and need to shut their mouth. I'm here to let you know that you fit into that category.

Uh, yeah. Al Golden is the next Bobby Bowden. And Randy Shannon was the next Jimmy Johnson, but we just got rid of him too early.

I never once said Golden was the next Bowden, nor did I ever say Shannon was the next JJ. My whole point was coaches grow on the job and do so all of the time. If you really think the team that played last night is not better than the team that played at UL or Nebraksa, then I will be at a loss for words.

And you cited to Bobby Bowden, who went 11-1 in his fourth year. Golden? 6-4, and still counting. Please end yourself and never post again. You're too stupid.

And Bobby promptly went on to go 10-2, 6-5, 9-3, and 7-5 the years after that. Stop picking and choosing statistics when the overall picture does not favor your point.

Also, telling someone to kill themselves because you disagree with them is pretty stupid. Do you even realize half of the stuff you say?

Advertisement
i though we played four good games in a row. i'm actually believing we are close. very close and we have a qb for the first time in 14 years. great days to come. let's finish with nine wins and begin next season in the top 20

Sharp post

BEcause playing leaps better entails ******* VICTORY!!!!!!!!!

why is it so hard to believe that a team up 23-7 at home should go onto win the ******* game?!?!? Against Alabama, Oregon, FSU... Why would it matter?!??? 16 point lead, at home, with the talent we have!! We're not some second rate underdog type talent!!

Why should we feel good about losing the game. How are you not raging with anger knowing we let this slip through our hands?!?!?

Because you're a new wave fan, probably a student p, and have no idea what it was like to be a fan of Miami pre 2005.

You are acting like the players played flawless games, the coaches just didn't win the games when that is not the truth. You can't hold onto a lead when your QB goes 6 of 17 and is missing wide open guys all through the 2nd half. You can't win a game when your defensive line gets zero pressure. You can't win a game when your TE's fumble the ball when you have a chance to put a nail in the coffin. You can't win a game when you drop TD passes.

I am not saying the coaches don't deserve blame, because they do too. But the players themselves made plenty of errors that are completely on them and no one else. If a coach puts you in a position that will allow you to succeed and you have many times, then it is on you when you start making unforced errors.

And that last part is funny considering in 2005 I was at the VT game. Pretty weird for me to be there when I am a new wave fan.

But FSU can win when they had a

- Cook fumble
- KO return fumble
- Winston INT
- 0 first downs in first quarter
- Down 16 on the road
- Ermon Lane dropped TD
- Nick O'Leary dropped first down catch on second drive

The list can go on and on and on.

Why do we have to be flawless but FSU doesnt. And they haven't been flawless all season and are undefeated.

Can you figure that out on your own?

No one has to be flawless to win a football game. When you match up evenly, you have to make less mistakes than the other team. Miami did not do that. When Winston was struggling, Miami had a chance to extend their lead to 30-7. They didn't. When Miami was trying to put the game away, the had Yearby open on a 20 yard wheel route, Kaaya overthrew him. When Miami had a chance to put the game away, Dobard fumbled.

When it came down to the wire FSU did not make as many mistakes in the latter part when it really mattered. Miami did. That is why they lost. The game is 4 quarters long. FSU showed that and so did Miami. You can play as good a 1st half as you want, but you can't play a sloppy 2nd half and expect to win against a team that is as good as you or better.

Great. But what you were saying earlier is that history doesn't matter. That Golden is playing better than every before. That we should start judging golden now.

But how can we have this new mentality of BRAND NEW FRESH GOLDEN when.... Golden in his last 8 losses, has been outscored in the second half 150-53, and in this game, was outscored 20 - 3.

WHERE IS THE PROGRESS!?!?!?!?!

What is more relevant right now? The past or the way the team has been playing most recently? It isn't a hard concept to understand really. We're seeing a team get better and better each and every week for the first time in a very long time(think before Shannon). The team that played last night would have destroyed the team that played the first four games of the season and I think we all know that.

There is no reason to believe that if the team keeps it up, we won't roll the remaining two games and win a bowl. And if that is the case, we'll take it into next year and come out firing and win 10 games and the coastal. That's how I feel. I've analyzed the whole year and I can tell you right now that the team that played last night is better than any team we've fielded in the last 9 years at the very least and is better in every singe aspect than the team that started off the year.

We are all disappointed that it is a 6-4 year right now, but it's over and done with. We can't change the past. Right now, this program is playing the best football it has in a long time and a lot of it has to do with the way the coaches have seemingly grown out of nowhere this season, coincidentally right when the seat heated up. Maybe Golden and the Jersey Boys realized they need to change their ways. They did, the team improved and is back to playing Miami football. They are destroying the teams they should and competing with the best team in the nation.

I truly believe that if we win out handily, win the bowl, and take it into next year, it'll come down to the FSU game whether or not we're undefeated on the season. Maybe I am being too optimistic, but it's how I honestly feel after watching this team grow.

Wow. So you're telling me history is for chumps? Lol

So you think Golden is going to go from a coach who has never won a big game in his entire career and suddenly make the jump next year?

You were willing to go into this season, year 4, the pivotal year for any coach, with only his players on the team and give him a pass because he botched the first six games with three losses?

Unbelievable, the new fan wave mentality really is good job good effort mentality.

I

If the team continued to look like they did the first half of the season, then I would not be here saying all of this. The reason I have optimism is because I can see how clear it is the team is playing leaps better and you'd have to be blind to not see the team that played last night would destroy the team from the first half of the year.

The first half of the season no longer counts. We only have one loss and now we're in contention for the playoffs!

Going by your logic, Butch Davis should have been fired after his 4th year as no progress was really being made and the dude absolutely sucked against FSU. Bobby Bowden was far from a great coach when he went to FSU, but we all saw what he built after he grew on the job.

Sharp post

i though we played four good games in a row. i'm actually believing we are close. very close and we have a qb for the first time in 14 years. great days to come. let's finish with nine wins and begin next season in the top 20

Sharp post

You're so obvious it doesn't even bother anyone.

Keep doing what you do.... which is wasting time

Can he get banned already?

Advertisement
Man ***** this thread....plain and simple Duke Football is about to play in BACK-TO-BACK ACCCGs and we haven't played in one AND we were favored this year to win the coastal. Let that marinate and let's stop w/ all this Golden love. Duke...the team that plays on a football field that has a track on it!! A team that hasn't relevant since the 30's. A team that is full of 2 star players...yet they are about to be in the ACCCG....AGAIN...for the 2nd year in a row. If you don't think we have coaching issues vs. talent issues, I have a bridge in South Dakato to sale you for a reasonable price of $2b.

So you are saying you don't understand what I said. Let me break it down for you.

Bobby Bowden did not enjoy a lot of improvement when he first went to FSU. His teams had ceilings they never crossed and they actually got worse. Yet, he actually grew as a coach and anyone that saw early Bowden coached teams to later Bowden coach teams knows this very well. He learned a lot as a coach which is nothing crazy and took his lessons and eventually became one of the best coaches in all of CFB.

What am I saying? That a coach can grow on the job and they tend to as well.

Kid, shut the **** up. Seriously. What the **** are you talking about? Bobby Bowden? The guy who took over FSU 40 years ago? And went 11-1 his fourth year at FSU, a school who had a **** football program before him. There's zero in common with Golden there. Bobby Bowden isn't relevant to this discussion at all. You're all over the **** place. My post brought up how you're pretending the first half of the season didn't happen, and you respond by bringing up Bobby Bowden.

The worst types of dumb people are those that don't realize they're dumb and need to shut their mouth. I'm here to let you know that you fit into that category.

Uh, yeah. Al Golden is the next Bobby Bowden. And Randy Shannon was the next Jimmy Johnson, but we just got rid of him too early.

I never once said Golden was the next Bowden, nor did I ever say Shannon was the next JJ. My whole point was coaches grow on the job and do so all of the time. If you really think the team that played last night is not better than the team that played at UL or Nebraksa, then I will be at a loss for words.

And you cited to Bobby Bowden, who went 11-1 in his fourth year. Golden? 6-4, and still counting. Please end yourself and never post again. You're too stupid.

And Bobby promptly went on to go 10-2, 6-5, 9-3, and 7-5 the years after that. Stop picking and choosing statistics when the overall picture does not favor your point.

Also, telling someone to kill themselves because you disagree with them is pretty stupid. Do you even realize half of the stuff you say?

WTF are you talking about you incompetent moron? You tried to compare them. Golden is in his fourth year here. He's going 8-4 at best. Bowden went 11-1 in his fourth year. So at the same point in their careers, Bowden had been fantastic, and Golden has been ****. The fact that you are trying to compare Bobby Bowden to Al Golden is one of the dumbest things ever posted here.

Again, terrible comparison that made zero sense. You are so stupid that it is hard to fathom.

The overall picture? ROTFLMAO. Bobby Bowden is the winningest CFB coach of all time. The overall picture definitely favors my point you dumb shmuck.

Last edited:
BEcause playing leaps better entails ******* VICTORY!!!!!!!!!

why is it so hard to believe that a team up 23-7 at home should go onto win the ******* game?!?!? Against Alabama, Oregon, FSU... Why would it matter?!??? 16 point lead, at home, with the talent we have!! We're not some second rate underdog type talent!!

Why should we feel good about losing the game. How are you not raging with anger knowing we let this slip through our hands?!?!?

Because you're a new wave fan, probably a student p, and have no idea what it was like to be a fan of Miami pre 2005.

You are acting like the players played flawless games, the coaches just didn't win the games when that is not the truth. You can't hold onto a lead when your QB goes 6 of 17 and is missing wide open guys all through the 2nd half. You can't win a game when your defensive line gets zero pressure. You can't win a game when your TE's fumble the ball when you have a chance to put a nail in the coffin. You can't win a game when you drop TD passes.

I am not saying the coaches don't deserve blame, because they do too. But the players themselves made plenty of errors that are completely on them and no one else. If a coach puts you in a position that will allow you to succeed and you have many times, then it is on you when you start making unforced errors.

And that last part is funny considering in 2005 I was at the VT game. Pretty weird for me to be there when I am a new wave fan.

But FSU can win when they had a

- Cook fumble
- KO return fumble
- Winston INT
- 0 first downs in first quarter
- Down 16 on the road
- Ermon Lane dropped TD
- Nick O'Leary dropped first down catch on second drive

The list can go on and on and on.

Why do we have to be flawless but FSU doesnt. And they haven't been flawless all season and are undefeated.

Can you figure that out on your own?

No one has to be flawless to win a football game. When you match up evenly, you have to make less mistakes than the other team. Miami did not do that. When Winston was struggling, Miami had a chance to extend their lead to 30-7. They didn't. When Miami was trying to put the game away, the had Yearby open on a 20 yard wheel route, Kaaya overthrew him. When Miami had a chance to put the game away, Dobard fumbled.

When it came down to the wire FSU did not make as many mistakes in the latter part when it really mattered. Miami did. That is why they lost. The game is 4 quarters long. FSU showed that and so did Miami. You can play as good a 1st half as you want, but you can't play a sloppy 2nd half and expect to win against a team that is as good as you or better.

Great. But what you were saying earlier is that history doesn't matter. That Golden is playing better than every before. That we should start judging golden now.

But how can we have this new mentality of BRAND NEW FRESH GOLDEN when.... Golden in his last 8 losses, has been outscored in the second half 150-53, and in this game, was outscored 20 - 3.

WHERE IS THE PROGRESS!?!?!?!?!

When Golden played against average teams, we never dominated them. Never. If we had a great game, the following was sure to be a disappointment. Yet, against Cincinnati, VT, and UNC we were able to sit our starters after going up 41-13, 30-0, and 37-6. Then we also went on to be a few mistakes away from beating the best team in the nation. That is where the progress is. That is what gives me hope.

Do you at least understand that?

WTF are you talking about you incompetent moron? You tried to compare them. Golden is in his fourth year here. He's going 8-4 at best. Bowden went 11-1 in his fourth year. So at the same point in their careers, Bowden had been fantastic, and Golden has been ****. The fact that you are trying to compare Bobby Bowden to Al Golden is one of the dumbest things ever posted here.

Again, terrible comparison that made zero sense. You are so stupid that it is hard to fathom.

The overall picture? ROTFLMAO. Bobby Bowden is the winningest CFB coach of all time. The overall picture definitely favors my point you dumb shmuck.

You are too stuck on looking at the 4th year only that you are missing the entire point. Coaches grow on the job. One year does not define their career. You know what Nick Saban did in his 4th season at Bama? He won 4 less games than the previous year. Does that mean he is an awful coach? Obviously he isn't, but if we are looking at 4th years exclusively, then his was nothing to write home about.

You see how ridiculous that is. My point from the get go was that coaches can grow on the job and the last 2 months have shown evidence that Golden has. I know you more than likely understood that from the beginning, but you wanted to throw out more insults and continue to tell me how I make absolutely zero sense. If I am making zero sense, you must struggle terribly with the English language.

Advertisement

You are too stuck on looking at the 4th year only that you are missing the entire point. Coaches grow on the job. One year does not define their career. You know what Nick Saban did in his 4th season at Bama? He won 4 less games than the previous year. Does that mean he is an awful coach? Obviously he isn't, but if we are looking at 4th years exclusively, then his was nothing to write home about.

You see how ridiculous that is. My point from the get go was that coaches can grow on the job and the last 2 months have shown evidence that Golden has. I know you more than likely understood that from the beginning, but you wanted to throw out more insults and continue to tell me how I make absolutely zero sense. If I am making zero sense, you must struggle terribly with the English language.

Wow someone with half a brain on here in shocked... Good post

You're honestly the second or third dumbest poster I've ever encountered here. Bobby Bowden had two 10+ win seasons in his first 4 years at FSU. Golden? Zero. Nick Saban had a national championship by his third year at Alabama. Golden? Not even a conference division title. All of your comparisons are idiotic and suck. We're looking at what these coaches have accomplished by their fourth years, because that's how far along Golden is into his career. Bowden had already proved that he could coach. Saban had proved that he was among the best to ever do it. Golden has proved that he can't win a big game. Log off the internet and never come back, it simply can't handle the amount of stupidity that you throw out there.

When Golden played against average teams, we never dominated them. Never. If we had a great game, the following was sure to be a disappointment. Yet, against Cincinnati, VT, and UNC we were able to sit our starters after going up 41-13, 30-0, and 37-6. Then we also went on to be a few mistakes away from beating the best team in the nation. That is where the progress is. That is what gives me hope.

I admire your optimism, but it really isn't optimism, it's just naivety.

You're a sucker, you probably never learn from your mistakes, and it's clear as day. You take 4 games (3-1) and overlook the other 31 games where our record is probably so gross I don't even want to look it up.

FSU is all that mattered because of the 3-3 start to the season, it's all that matters to real cane fans, and most importantly, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say the 3000 recruits that were in attendance.

Whose job do you think is easier when it comes to pitching what school to go to, FSU or Miami?

Jimbo is going to wreak havoc on SFLA come February because Golden went 6-4. No one cares about excuses, only results. And Jimbo has a huge shiny fcking result on his ring finger. This will be a vicious cycle so long as we're with Golden.

Next year, we will lose Duke and all the other players, and Golden will chit the bed again. I guarantee it. Because history repeats itself buddy. Golden has had plenty to work with since he started, but it wasn't until the fire was lit under him that he pressed for winning "at all costs" and we still lost last night. He went coservative because that's who he is, a scared coach. And that type of coach will never take us to where Miami deserves to be.

Last edited:

You're honestly the second or third dumbest poster I've ever encountered here. Bobby Bowden had two 10+ win seasons in his first 4 years at FSU. Golden? Zero. Nick Saban had a national championship by his third year at Alabama. Golden? Not even a conference division title. All of your comparisons are idiotic and suck. We're looking at what these coaches have accomplished by their fourth years, because that's how far along Golden is into his career. Bowden had already proved that he could coach. Saban had proved that he was among the best to ever do it. Golden has proved that he can't win a big game. Log off the internet and never come back, it simply can't handle the amount of stupidity that you throw out there.

Let me make it simpler for you because you truly are struggling and it is kind of pitiful to see such a sight.

Al Golden in hist first 3 years never dominated an average team. He never came close to beating anyone with a pulse. His defenses were terrible and his offenses were always sporadic. Now in the past 2 months we have seen his team sit their starters in 3 straight games when up 41-13, 30-0, and 37-6. They then went on to lose in the final minutes to the best team in the nation and had a few plays gone differently, they actually would have won.

That is clear progression. Do you finally see it? I doubt it. Insults incoming.

Advertisement

Let me make it simpler for you because you truly are struggling and it is kind of pitiful to see such a sight.

Al Golden in hist first 3 years never dominated an average team. He never came close to beating anyone with a pulse. His defenses were terrible and his offenses were always sporadic. Now in the past 2 months we have seen his team sit their starters in 3 straight games when up 41-13, 30-0, and 37-6. They then went on to lose in the final minutes to the best team in the nation and had a few plays gone differently, they actually would have won.

Let me make it simple for you: That post had ZERO to do with Bobby Bowden and Nick Saban--the two coaches whose careers you tried to use to draw parallels to Golden's,. I thought I told you to stay on topic, kid? So now you've made two TERRIBLE off base analogies, changed the subject like fifteen different times, and absolutely made up facts. Good job, kid.

I admire your optimism, but it really isn't optimism, it's just naivety.

You're a sucker, you probably never learn from your mistakes, and it's clear as day. You take 4 games (3-1) and overlook the other 31 games where are record is probably so gross I don't even want to look it up.

FSU is all that mattered because of the 3-3 start to the season, it's all that matters to real cane fans, and most importantly, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say the 3000 recruits that were in attendance.

Whose job do you think is easier when it comes to pitching what school to go to, FSU or Miami?

Jimbo is going to wreak havoc on SFLA come september because Golden went 6-4. No one cares about excuses, only results. And Jimbo has a huge shiny fcking result on his ring finger. This will be a vicious cycle so long as we're with Golden.

Next year, we will lose Duke and all the other players, and Golden will chit the bed again. I guarantee it. Because history repeats itself buddy. Golden has had plenty to work with since he started, but it wasn't until the fire was lit under him that he pressed for winning "at all costs" and we still lost last night. He went coservative because that's who he is, a scared coach. And that type of coach will never take us to where Miami deserves to be.[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion, and I am glad you carry on a conversation more civil than other posters. I really do appreciate that.

With that being said, the reason I can look ahead with optimism is because in no other point in Golden's tenure did we have a stretch like this. There were times where we would win a game and we'd all get sucked back in, then be upset. The teams of the past under Golden had no consistency whatsoever.

That has changed over the last 2 months. The team has never played as well as they have and as consistently as they have. If we do lay an egg, then I will not in favor of a Golden led team. However, right now I do have faith in him because the last 2 months are so drastically different than everything else we have seen under him that I do believe the future is bright. We're not seeing one time flukes that make it look great, we are actually seeing consistency in his teams that have never ever been present at any point until now. Should we come out and roll the next two games and win the bowl, it only reinforces that as well.

Let me make it simple for you: That post had ZERO to do with Bobby Bowden and Nick Saban--the two coaches whose careers you tried to use to draw parallels to Golden's,. I thought I told you to stay on topic, kid? So now you've made two TERRIBLE off base analogies, changed the subject like fifteen different times, and absolutely made up facts. Good job, kid.

What are my made up facts, and how is talking about Brad Kaaya, then Al Golden changing the subject away from Miami? Not at any point in time have I made a post that failed to contain any current Miami player or coach. How about you? A lot of your posts have contained nothing, but insults.

Advertisement
mane, you all could PM each other, its like a 2 poster convo for the last 3 pages.

What are my made up facts, and how is talking about Brad Kaaya, then Al Golden changing the subject away from Miami? Not at any point in time have I made a post that failed to contain any current Miami player or coach. How about you? A lot of your posts have contained nothing, but insults.

Very relevant to your failed comparison between Nick Saban, Bobby Bowden and Al Golden. Another right on topic post, kid.

WeOwn throwing haymakers and this Canes21 is too retarded to fall. He just keeps taking punch after punch.

I am shocked and flabbergasted that someone actually compared Bobby Bowden and Nick Saban to Al Golden. Even TrueCane55 thinks Cane21 is ****** retarded. But he's a Nole fan so he won't say it.

This guy comapred 2 coaches that have won 5 National Championships (?) between them to a guy that couldn't win his division in the Mac or the Coastal in the ACC?

mj-laughing.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back