What I have learned on this board.

Canes21

Junior
Banned
Everyone expects a true freshman to lead a team to 11-1.

Everyone thinks it is a coaches fault a bad pass occurred or a turnover happened.

Everyone thinks that you are not supposed to run the ball in the 2nd half with the lead when you are averaging over 4 yards a carry in the 2nd half.

Everyone thinks it is Golden's fault that Kaaya had 5 passes batted down at the line in the 2nd half.

Everyone thinks it is Golden's fault Kirby dropped an INT and Berrios dropped a TD.

Everyone thinks it is the coach's faults that the FG was missed.

Everyone thinks Butch Davis should be the coach despite him starting 0-5 against FSU.

Everyone thinks this team is loaded with NFL talent at every position 3 deep.

Seriously, I get that this is a Canes board and homerism will be found, but please take a step back. This team has talent and plenty of it. We are better than our record. But the players have also had a huge part in losing the games this year. Against Nebraska Kaaya had 2 picks and Duke had a fumble. You can't win like that. The defense also didn't know how to tackle that game. The fact it was a 10 point game is pretty impressive with how many mistakes the team made.

Against GT everyone here thinks Kaaya's 2 picks in the redzone were not that bad. They were killer! You don't turn the ball over against a ball control team. The defense played okay, but had a few mental errors that killed them(I'm looking at you 3rd and 17 wheel route).

Against FSU last night, it was not the coaches faults that Kaaya was noticeably rattled in the 2nd half. The running game was working good enough, but you still needed to pass the ball well to score. They gave Kaaya plenty of chances in the 2nd half to throw and the kid couldn't get the job done. He had Yearby open on the right sideline and could have potentially sealed the deal and lead him too far by 5 yards. His interception still has me shaking his head. He threw it into triple coverage for crying out loud.

Hate on the coaches for being passive the first 3 years and against Louisville, but you cannot deny the team has not become more aggressive and has not made big strides this season. When was the last time Miami played 3 average teams in a row and sat their starters in the 3rd in all 3 games, then went on to compete with the #1 team down to the wire and almost pull one out(they will likely be #1 now that they are the only undefeated power 5)? Miami started the season off rough, but they grew as a team. They came together and began playing Miami football and destroying everyone that was not elite. Then when they did play the elite team, they hung right there with them and only had a few fluke plays and missed opportunities to blame for the loss. They didn't get blown out, they had a chance to the final possession and almost got the job done. That is what an elite team does. It competes down to the last minute with the other elite teams.

Am I saying we are elite status yet? We are not there yet, but we are closer than we have ever been in over 10 years. With how the team has been playing, they should roll these last 2 games easily. They should win their bowl game. If they do all of that, why should we not be hopeful for next year? We'll have a team that will match this one. Yearby has plenty of potential to be another great Miami back. Dobard has shown great promise. The youngsters on the line have all looked good. The DB's are starting to grow, and the LB's have as well.

Losing Duke and Perryman and Warlord will be rough, but they have guys right behind them that we all know can step up and be great players too. Step back for a second and realize what all has happened.

I am sure I will get negged by many of you and half of you won't even read it, but I am hoping some of you all do and actually want to discuss this and I hope that there are many others like me on this board.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Didnt read

What I learned from this board today: The Gaffot Golden Girls will go to any lengths to deflect from the 4 year problem at hand

Everyone expects a true freshman to lead a team to 11-1.

Everyone thinks it is a coaches fault a bad pass occurred or a turnover happened.

Everyone thinks that you are not supposed to run the ball in the 2nd half with the lead when you are averaging over 4 yards a carry in the 2nd half.

Everyone thinks it is Golden's fault that Kaaya had 5 passes batted down at the line in the 2nd half.

Everyone thinks it is Golden's fault Kirby dropped an INT and Berrios dropped a TD.

Everyone thinks it is the coach's faults that the FG was missed.

Everyone thinks Butch Davis should be the coach despite him starting 0-5 against FSU.

Everyone thinks this team is loaded with NFL talent at every position 3 deep.

Seriously, I get that this is a Canes board and homerism will be found, but please take a step back. This team has talent and plenty of it. We are better than our record. But the players have also had a huge part in losing the games this year. Against Nebraska Kaaya had 2 picks and Duke had a fumble. You can't win like that. The defense also didn't know how to tackle that game. The fact it was a 10 point game is pretty impressive with how many mistakes the team made.

Against GT everyone here thinks Kaaya's 2 picks in the redzone were not that bad. They were killer! You don't turn the ball over against a ball control team. The defense played okay, but had a few mental errors that killed them(I'm looking at you 3rd and 17 wheel route).

Against FSU last night, it was not the coaches faults that Kaaya was noticeably rattled in the 2nd half. The running game was working good enough, but you still needed to pass the ball well to score. They gave Kaaya plenty of chances in the 2nd half to throw and the kid couldn't get the job done. He had Yearby open on the right sideline and could have potentially sealed the deal and lead him too far by 5 yards. His interception still has me shaking his head. He threw it into triple coverage for crying out loud.

Hate on the coaches for being passive the first 3 years and against Louisville, but you cannot deny the team has not become more aggressive and has not made big strides this season. When was the last time Miami played 3 average teams in a row and sat their starters in the 3rd in all 3 games, then went on to compete with the #1 team down to the wire and almost pull one out(they will likely be #1 now that they are the only undefeated power 5)? Miami started the season off rough, but they grew as a team. They came together and began playing Miami football and destroying everyone that was not elite. Then when they did play the elite team, they hung right there with them and only had a few fluke plays and missed opportunities to blame for the loss. They didn't get blown out, they had a chance to the final possession and almost got the job done. That is what an elite team does. It competes down to the last minute with the other elite teams.

Am I saying we are elite status yet? We are not there yet, but we are closer than we have ever been in over 10 years. With how the team has been playing, they should roll these last 2 games easily. They should win their bowl game. If they do all of that, why should we not be hopeful for next year? We'll have a team that will match this one. Yearby has plenty of potential to be another great Miami back. Dobard has shown great promise. The youngsters on the line have all looked good. The DB's are starting to grow, and the LB's have as well.

Losing Duke and Perryman and Warlord will be rough, but they have guys right behind them that we all know can step up and be great players too. Step back for a second and realize what all has happened.

I am sure I will get negged by many of you and half of you won't even read it, but I am hoping some of you all do and actually want to discuss this and I hope that there are many others like me on this board.

Don't forget the porster starting a thread about Al Golden disallowed former players from standing in the sidelines during games.
Funny how they disappeared after it was proven to them how stupid and ignorant that OP was.

I dont want Golden to stay but I agree with most of what you say --- most on the board dont realize we averaged over 5 yards per carry in the 2nd half
- And we should have rolled out Brad to avoid the pass knock downs ----

Advertisement
One thing about the FG, with all the momentum, and it being only 4th and 3, you absolutely go for it. Guess what? We missed anyways. I said it then and say it now. We should have gone for it even if it was a fake FG play.

One thing about the FG, with all the momentum, and it being only 4th and 3, you absolutely go for it. Guess what? We missed anyways. I said it then and say it now. We should have gone for it even if it was a fake FG play.

I agree, I think we would have gotten it. I was hoping they would have. That was the perfect time for it.

i dont think this was all the coaches fault, alot of blunders were made by players but they did to kaaya what they did in l-ville in game 1. they forced him to over think. he was is a great rhythm. they should have come out in 2nd half going for blood.

Advertisement
I love how you gaffots keeps saying "we should of kept running the ball in the 2nd half with the lead"

DID YOU NOT SEE DUKE CRAMPING EVERY 2 PLAYS?!?! BEHIND HIM IS A TRUE FRESHMAN WHO GOT ABUSED IN PASS PROTECTION, AND BEHIND HIM WAS A WALK ON BECAUSE OUR OTHER RB FROM YONKERS WAS HURT

I love how you gaffots keeps saying "we should of kept running the ball in the 2nd half with the lead"

DID YOU NOT SEE DUKE CRAMPING EVERY 2 PLAYS?!?! BEHIND HIM IS A TRUE FRESHMAN WHO GOT ABUSED IN PASS PROTECTION, AND BEHIND HIM WAS A WALK ON BECAUSE OUR OTHER RB FROM YONKERS WAS HURT

So you don't trust a true freshman RB averaging 6 yards a carry on the year and was doing just fine last night, but you do trust the rattled true freshman QB? Outside of a couple bad carries, Yearby was doing just as well as Duke in the run game.

Advertisement
The fact that we're dicussing the same issues that plague this team since Golden got here year four years ago should have taught you how terrible of a head coach he is.

The fact that we're dicussing the same issues that plague this team since Golden got here year four years ago should have taught you how terrible of a head coach he is.

You're so right. I forgot we've had the issues of true freshman QB starting, teams losing in the final minute to the top team in the nation all of Golden's tenure.

Please, this team actually improved every week this year and you'd have to be blind to say it hasn't.

Advertisement

So you don't trust a true freshman RB averaging 6 yards a carry on the year and was doing just fine last night, but you do trust the rattled true freshman QB? Outside of a couple bad carries, Yearby was doing just as well as Duke in the run game.
Did you not watch the game last night? Serious question?

Kaaya was eating them up in the 1st half, mean while Yearby was tripping over his clown feet and blades of grass in the 2nd half, but it seemed like a good idea to keep running it though right?

And what are you seriously gonna do, run yearby 30+ carries in the 2nd half by himself with no backup? GTFOH

You're gauging improvement based upon beating two below average teams, and one team that is average (Duke). The only elite team we've played was FSU, and we lost when it was evident we should have won. That is 100% coaching. Ask yourself why did we lose to Louisville and Georgia Tech? You believe Louisville and GT is more talented than Miami? The defensive schemes against Nebraska and GT were horrible. Talent isn't the issue with this program.

I still can't believe how far people go to defend this coaching staff. After four years, we've out recruited 90% of our opponents , yet here we are at 6-4 and can't find a way to win the weak coastal division. All this depth talk and rolling out a freshmen QB, what happened last year with a senior QB and another weak *** schedule? That **** falls on the staff.

Last edited:

You're so right. I forgot we've had the issues of true freshman QB starting, teams losing in the final minute to the top team in the nation all of Golden's tenure.

Please, this team actually improved every week this year and you'd have to be blind to say it hasn't.
We have known ALL SEASON the kind of team we have. In the 2nd half, Golden reminded us what kind of coRch we have. He squandered a VERY good team this year. A year where we accomplished JACK ****. So go DIAF, please.

Didn't read.

You are what your record says you are. If you need to write a novel to defend it, something's wrong.

Advertisement
Back