What I have learned on this board.

The fact that we're dicussing the same issues that plague this team since Golden got here year four years ago should have taught you how terrible of a head coach he is.

You're so right. I forgot we've had the issues of true freshman QB starting, teams losing in the final minute to the top team in the nation all of Golden's tenure.

Please, this team actually improved every week this year and you'd have to be blind to say it hasn't.

1 Question and 1 Point

1. Where would this team be if Ryan Williams was the starter? Please let me know.

2. We haven't ACTUALLY IMPROVED since 2012. You can spout whatever nonsense you want about whatever but we ACTUALLY have more losses during the regular season than last year. We ACTUALLY, at best, could finish 5-3 n the conference (no improvement). We ACTUALLY never beat FSU. We ACTUALLY never won the coastal.

Advertisement
The fact that we're dicussing the same issues that plague this team since Golden got here year four years ago should have taught you how terrible of a head coach he is.

You're so right. I forgot we've had the issues of true freshman QB starting, teams losing in the final minute to the top team in the nation all of Golden's tenure.

Please, this team actually improved every week this year and you'd have to be blind to say it hasn't.

No, the coaches improved once that banner flew. These are the same players from the beginning of the season. You have to be blind to say the scheme didn't change to these players strengths.

What I leaned last night

Golden will forever have one foot on the brake to hit the moment he gets a lead in a big game.

Advertisement
Everyone expects a true freshman to lead a team to 11-1.

Everyone thinks it is a coaches fault a bad pass occurred or a turnover happened.

Everyone thinks that you are not supposed to run the ball in the 2nd half with the lead when you are averaging over 4 yards a carry in the 2nd half.

Everyone thinks it is Golden's fault that Kaaya had 5 passes batted down at the line in the 2nd half.

Everyone thinks it is Golden's fault Kirby dropped an INT and Berrios dropped a TD.

Everyone thinks it is the coach's faults that the FG was missed.

Everyone thinks Butch Davis should be the coach despite him starting 0-5 against FSU.

Everyone thinks this team is loaded with NFL talent at every position 3 deep.

Seriously, I get that this is a Canes board and homerism will be found, but please take a step back. This team has talent and plenty of it. We are better than our record. But the players have also had a huge part in losing the games this year. Against Nebraska Kaaya had 2 picks and Duke had a fumble. You can't win like that. The defense also didn't know how to tackle that game. The fact it was a 10 point game is pretty impressive with how many mistakes the team made.

Against GT everyone here thinks Kaaya's 2 picks in the redzone were not that bad. They were killer! You don't turn the ball over against a ball control team. The defense played okay, but had a few mental errors that killed them(I'm looking at you 3rd and 17 wheel route).

Against FSU last night, it was not the coaches faults that Kaaya was noticeably rattled in the 2nd half. The running game was working good enough, but you still needed to pass the ball well to score. They gave Kaaya plenty of chances in the 2nd half to throw and the kid couldn't get the job done. He had Yearby open on the right sideline and could have potentially sealed the deal and lead him too far by 5 yards. His interception still has me shaking his head. He threw it into triple coverage for crying out loud.

Hate on the coaches for being passive the first 3 years and against Louisville, but you cannot deny the team has not become more aggressive and has not made big strides this season. When was the last time Miami played 3 average teams in a row and sat their starters in the 3rd in all 3 games, then went on to compete with the #1 team down to the wire and almost pull one out(they will likely be #1 now that they are the only undefeated power 5)? Miami started the season off rough, but they grew as a team. They came together and began playing Miami football and destroying everyone that was not elite. Then when they did play the elite team, they hung right there with them and only had a few fluke plays and missed opportunities to blame for the loss. They didn't get blown out, they had a chance to the final possession and almost got the job done. That is what an elite team does. It competes down to the last minute with the other elite teams.

Am I saying we are elite status yet? We are not there yet, but we are closer than we have ever been in over 10 years. With how the team has been playing, they should roll these last 2 games easily. They should win their bowl game. If they do all of that, why should we not be hopeful for next year? We'll have a team that will match this one. Yearby has plenty of potential to be another great Miami back. Dobard has shown great promise. The youngsters on the line have all looked good. The DB's are starting to grow, and the LB's have as well.

Losing Duke and Perryman and Warlord will be rough, but they have guys right behind them that we all know can step up and be great players too. Step back for a second and realize what all has happened.

I am sure I will get negged by many of you and half of you won't even read it, but I am hoping some of you all do and actually want to discuss this and I hope that there are many others like me on this board.

I hope they roll UVA and Pitt. But what happens if they struggle to eek out wins or lose. Whats your excuse then? UVA and Pitt or terrible teams. Don't answer, you will pick out individual plays and highlight those as the reason we lost. Because the other teams didn't turnover the ball or have M.Es

No, the coaches improved once that banner flew. These are the same players from the beginning of the season. You have to be blind to say the scheme didn't change to these players strengths.

It's already been proven and shown 100's of times on this very board that the team does not line up or blitz any different;y now than they have been all year. I forget the guy who tracks all of that, but the defense has not changed a whole schematically. The plays are just being executed a whole lot better.

And please, the banner is not why the team started playing great. Can all you banner people stop acting like you are the reason Miami's starters went up 43-13, 30-0, and 37-6 in 3 games before being subbed.

I honestly feel like half you all din't really have that extensive football knowledge and just think we should run press and blitz every single down against everyone from GT to FSU. The team was lined up well against GT, they just freelanced the whole game. Even Duke who beat GT lined up exactly like Miami did against them. They played more disciplined. Against Nebraska there were some questionable alignments in that game, but a lot of guys just sucked. I forget how many yards they got after the 1st hit, but it was ridiculous. We hit Abdullah at the LOS countless times and even behind it, yet never had one tackle behind the LOS due to poor tackling. Plus Perryman played awful and forgot how to shed a block.

And to Ghost, Kaaya couldn't hit anyone in the 2nd half. He was terrible in the 2nd half and rattled. That is on him. He had multiple guys open that he missed. We didn't have a single explosive pass play in the 2nd half despite taking chances because he missed every time. The Yearby one was bad. Wheel route, easy 25 yard gain and Kaaya throws the ball 5 yards too far upfield even with a diving Yearby.

Please though, all of you keep on rooting for Miami to lose to UVA and Pitt because that is obviously what a true fan does. I'm ashamed half of this board calls itself Canes fans. No football knowledge at all and a quick desire to have anyone fired after a loss despite who is at fault.

Guys... This fanbase has turned into Golden himself when it comes to Brad Kaaya.

Now that everyone sees that he is nothing more than a good true freshman QB and not this all world QB playing in a freshman body, now its all about we expected to be mediocre this year because we have a true freshman QB behind center?

That wasnt the expectation of Kaaya or the team going into the season though.

Last edited:

Everyone thinks it is a coaches fault a bad pass occurred or a turnover happened.

Everyone thinks that you are not supposed to run the ball in the 2nd half with the lead when you are averaging over 4 yards a carry in the 2nd half.

Everyone thinks it is Golden's fault that Kaaya had 5 passes batted down at the line in the 2nd half.

Everyone thinks it is Golden's fault Kirby dropped an INT and Berrios dropped a TD.

Everyone thinks Butch Davis should be the coach despite him starting 0-5 against FSU.

Seriously, I get that this is a Canes board and homerism will be found, but please take a step back. This team has talent and plenty of it. We are better than our record. But the players have also had a huge part in losing the games this year. Against Nebraska Kaaya had 2 picks and Duke had a fumble. You can't win like that. The defense also didn't know how to tackle that game. The fact it was a 10 point game is pretty impressive with how many mistakes the team made.

Against GT everyone here thinks Kaaya's 2 picks in the redzone were not that bad. They were killer! You don't turn the ball over against a ball control team. The defense played okay, but had a few mental errors that killed them(I'm looking at you 3rd and 17 wheel route).

Against FSU last night, it was not the coaches faults that Kaaya was noticeably rattled in the 2nd half. The running game was working good enough, but you still needed to pass the ball well to score. They gave Kaaya plenty of chances in the 2nd half to throw and the kid couldn't get the job done. He had Yearby open on the right sideline and could have potentially sealed the deal and lead him too far by 5 yards. His interception still has me shaking his head. He threw it into triple coverage for crying out loud.

Hate on the coaches for being passive the first 3 years and against Louisville, but you cannot deny the team has not become more aggressive and has not made big strides this season. When was the last time Miami played 3 average teams in a row and sat their starters in the 3rd in all 3 games, then went on to compete with the #1 team down to the wire and almost pull one out(they will likely be #1 now that they are the only undefeated power 5)? Miami started the season off rough, but they grew as a team. They came together and began playing Miami football and destroying everyone that was not elite. Then when they did play the elite team, they hung right there with them and only had a few fluke plays and missed opportunities to blame for the loss. They didn't get blown out, they had a chance to the final possession and almost got the job done. That is what an elite team does. It competes down to the last minute with the other elite teams.

Am I saying we are elite status yet? We are not there yet, but we are closer than we have ever been in over 10 years. With how the team has been playing, they should roll these last 2 games easily. They should win their bowl game. If they do all of that, why should we not be hopeful for next year? We'll have a team that will match this one. Yearby has plenty of potential to be another great Miami back. Dobard has shown great promise. The youngsters on the line have all looked good. The DB's are starting to grow, and the LB's have as well.

Losing Duke and Perryman and Warlord will be rough, but they have guys right behind them that we all know can step up and be great players too. Step back for a second and realize what all has happened.

I am sure I will get negged by many of you and half of you won't even read it, but I am hoping some of you all do and actually want to discuss this and I hope that there are many others like me on this board.

I hope they roll UVA and Pitt. But what happens if they struggle to eek out wins or lose. Whats your excuse then? UVA and Pitt or terrible teams. Don't answer, you will pick out individual plays and highlight those as the reason we lost. Because the other teams didn't turnover the ball or have M.Es

If that happens and it is because of scheme, playcalling, or just dumb coaching decisions, then I will lose a good amount of faith in the staff. If the games are close because we drop 5 more picks and 5 more TD passes and fumble the ball away multiple times and throw picks, then that is on the players.

Advertisement

Hey stupid ******, our true freshman proved more capable than our starting senior last year. Kaaya has proven he's more than capable to lead this team to 10+ wins because he has the talent around him and because we play such a ****** schedule. But you're so hung up on the term true freshman QB you can't see what is staring you in the face. That you're just another dumb **** in a long list of dumb ***** on this board that doesn't know ****. Sucking Golden's **** til he clogs your pipes is all thats important to you.

If that happens and it is because of scheme, playcalling, or just dumb coaching decisions, then I will lose a good amount of faith in the staff. If the games are close because we drop 5 more picks and 5 more TD passes and fumble the ball away multiple times and throw picks, then that is on the players.

When you have the same problems persist with different players under the same coaches then it's on the coaches. This game was microcosm of golden's tenure at miami. Even at his best at the oppositions no so best he will find a way to lose a game against a quality opponent. Only difference is he happened to be in a game against a high level opponent for once.

This ****** doesn't understand football 101 or leadership 101. When your players or those that report directly to you fail to do their job, you as the leader/coach are responsible. So if we keep fumbling, commit penalties, miss tackles, etc. then that is a coaching problem.

I'm no fan of Golden's but Berrios dropped the TD, Badgley missed a chip shot & extra point. That's 11 more points we should've had.
I hate the fact we got conservative in the 2nd half. Herbstreit knew it was going to happen quoting Golden "that it was going to come down to the running game." We should've won that game, Winners find a way to win. Golden is not the guy to get us to the next level.

3 points in the second half.

Advertisement
Golden coaches the ST, he directly coaches Badgely. Miami over the course of 10 games is one of the worst penalized teams in the NCAA. That has nothing to do with talent.

Advertisement
L
I'm no fan of Golden's but Berrios dropped the TD, Badgley missed a chip shot & extra point. That's 11 more points we should've had.
I hate the fact we got conservative in the 2nd half. Herbstreit knew it was going to happen quoting Golden "that it was going to come down to the running game." We should've won that game, Winners find a way to win. Golden is not the guy to get us to the next level.

3 points in the second half.

Ermon lane dropped a sure td..fsu made mistakes...3 fumbles etc etc..they still won.

So basically according to these retards, coaches are never responsible. Did Muschamp cause two of his own players to block each other? Did Randy Shannon throw all of those interceptions. You can go on and on all day with this dumb ****.

OP nobody was open on that INT. Kaaya said post game that he had to force it in there cause nobody else was open

Advertisement
Back