What happens if Mario…

While i agree MC would be a upgrade is he really the best we can get the guy has a 55-57 record as a head coach that does not really wow me.

Advertisement
While i agree MC would be a upgrade is he really the best we can get the guy has a 55-57 record as a head coach that does not really wow me.
That record is super misleading. FIU isn’t a top tier G5 team so you’re gonna have a bad record there. He’s 28-10 at Oregon looking at his third straight conference title.

That record is super misleading. FIU isn’t a top tier G5 team so you’re gonna have a bad record there. He’s 28-10 at Oregon looking at his third straight conference title.
Dang. That’s after inheriting a Taggart led team!

Advertisement
You’re averaging in irrelevant figures to paint a false narrative

You mean to tell me you’re putting more weight on Mario’s FIU days than his Bama and Oregon days???

You’re trying to buy an apartment building based upon the cash flow during construction versus completion and it being fully leased up

Gtfo

James or not. He aint coming
ass hole GIF

At Blake James. Not you, Preda

Last edited:
Blake is out regardless. If what has been said is true, and Blake hired Diaz despite there being financial support for hiring Mario, than he will be canned the moment Diaz is done, if not sooner. That said, I wouldn't be shocked if Mario was hired, he got to have a legit say in who the AD is. While I don't agree with that philosophy(You shouldn't get to pick your own boss), I wouldn't be shocked if that happened.
I would definitely do that if I were Mario. He has all the leverage as Miami is begging him.

All of the big time coaches have ADs as their sidekicks and boss in title only.

Bama’s AD gets Nick his coffee every morning.

Advertisement
You’re averaging in irrelevant figures to paint a false narrative

You mean to tell me you’re putting more weight on Mario’s FIU days than his Bama and Oregon days???

You’re trying to buy an apartment building based upon the cash flow during construction versus completion and it being fully leased up

Gtfo
Thats his total head coaching record and unless you no more then the rest of us he was never the head coach at Bama. And 28-10 at Oregon versus very average opponents is on decent not great

Ok then take out FIU but 28-10 with the teams Oregon normally plays is just above average but yes it is much better them Manny

Ok then take out FIU but 28-10 with the teams Oregon normally plays is just above average but yes it is much better them Manny
So you’re saying the guy who wins his conference twice, wins a NY6 bowl game and beats a top 5 team on the road, is average?

Miami as a program has accomplished none of that in over 15 years.

He won FIU’s first and only conference championship, took them to their first bowl, won their first bowl game. He wasn’t a world beater at FIU but it’s not like he was a coach who didn’t accomplish anything.

Also to be fair he did lead Oregon to a 9-4 record two years removed from them going 4-8. So I’m not sure what you are getting at in this?

So you’re saying the guy who wins his conference twice, wins a NY6 bowl game and beats a top 5 team on the road, is average?

Miami as a program has accomplished none of that in over 15 years.

He won FIU’s first and only conference championship, took them to their first bowl, won their first bowl game. He wasn’t a world beater at FIU but it’s not like he was a coach who didn’t accomplish anything.

Also to be fair he did lead Oregon to a 9-4 record two years removed from them going 4-8. So I’m not sure what you are getting at in this?
Just saying that Mario is not the only good coach to lead are Canes. 100% agree he is better then Manny and would we very happy if we got him just dont think he leaves Oregon unless its to go to Bama or if we can afford him even if he did.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back