What happens if Mario…

Advertisement
Isn't DiMare one of the BOT members willing to pay up for MC? I am unsure, but I imagine he would want to keep James as AD for all other sports except football to keep his son safe and remove some of that heat James and his son is feeling. He would probably want Alonzo as AD for just football and leave James to guarantee his son a job.
gino.0.jpg

I would want James completely out, but can someone confirm if this can be true?

Mario=classic alpha.
Flake=beta boy
No way Mario is coming if he has to take interview questions from Beta James. Mario will laugh in his face

Advertisement
Mario’s contract keeps getting bigger every day I read the board lol. You’d think he was making ten million per with a 20 million dollar buyout. He makes in the same ball park as manny but more incentives.
I know that's true but it's just crazy to read that. The ROI is like the difference between Bitcoin and Blockbuster.

Advertisement
While the hypothetical is interesting, I think that if we are willing to pay over $10M in Manny/Mario buyouts, we would also see a Beta Blake firing if that is a really a dealbreaking point (and I think it would be to Mario).

We shall see...

The BOT needs to bite the bullet. Not sure where they are in the Julio decision process, and I'm sure it seems a bit tawdry to fire/hire multiple people at the same time (and as much as our football fans don't like Julio, there are ample NON-athletics reasons to fire him), but the AD/HC situation needs a rapid response. They can drag their heels on Julio, a few months faster/slower aren't going to make a difference.
Wasn’t Julio on his planned way out before COVID hit?

Advertisement
No one knows exactly how much Diaz is making; I think it is somewhere between 3.1 million and 3.5 million. I have little doubt that Blake James gave him a contract that was more on the high end. You are right that there are lots of incentives that Mario is likely to hit, but if we are factoring incentives that he hasn't yet reached into his contract, then Miami could easily do the same. For example:

Winning any bowl game ($50,000) at Oregon; could offer him $100,000
Winning seven regular season games at Oregon $150,000), UM could offer him $175,000
Making a NY6 bowl game $300,000 at Oregon, could offer 350k
Making making a College Football Playoff Semifinal $375,000 at Oregon, could offer $400k
Appearing in the National Championship $375,000 at Oregon, UM could offer $500k

The increase in ticket sales and merchandise at UM if he hits the latter three benchmarks would exponentially make up for the incentives.
Manny’s deal started at 3mm year 1 and goes up by 500k every year so next two years he makes 4.5 and 5mm respectively

Advertisement
Mario is gonna cost at least his Oregon salary ($5.5m), plus his coaches like Mirabal (600k). That’s gonna add up to several million more than Richt and his staff. I don’t think Miami will bite that bullet.
Diaz cost Miami $16M+ over these last 3 years. His salary plus the $4m buyout to temple. They were also ready to
Hire on Alonzo… I don’t think the money is a problem.

It’s the decision makers.

Advertisement
Back