What happens if Mario…

Miami has to split football from the rest of the sports. The administration have shown they are incompetent and no reputable coach is gonna want to be shackled by incompetence. We should have done it last year and hire Highsmith to oversee football operations. We are running out of time to make proper changes. And thats a move we can make before the season ends.

Advertisement
Bring in Alonzo and have him oversee football operations. Mario would only have to deal with Alonzo. If BOT insist on keeping Blake then keep him away from Mario at all costs. Ban him from games and keep him away from the practice fields and IPF.

Advertisement
Just curious, did this rumor Mario wouldn't sign on with James as the AD started in here? Is there any outside mention of this rumor in the world?

He did sign on to be on Golden's staff under James before he got a better offer from Saban.

Advertisement
The same bag that Taggart got?

If a guy wants to leave, Nike's not making that delivery. They'll have plenty of job applicants shortly.
Haha, I don't even know why Oregon hired taggart in the first place. He had like 1 good season at USF and that was it for his entire career. He's been a terrible coach imo. I could see why Oregon wouldn't mind letting him go essentially. He had 1 mediocre season at Oregon before I'm assuming FSU bought out his contract. Cristobal on the other hand seems to be trending the program in the right direction, recruiting well, just beat Ohio St, etc. So it isn't exactly apples to apples. I love the enthusiasm though. Would love if Cristobal came here.

Advertisement
Mario will make more than 5.5m this year with incentives - probably close to 7.

Several million more than Richt is something Miami can easily do. Don't let this "we have no money" theme get legs - we have the money...we may not have money for a $10m coach but we certainly have money for a new staff.

its not about we don't have the money. its that we aren't going to spend that money

Advertisement
So, is this somewhat in the ball park:

If Blake stays, then <1% chance Mario comes.
If Blake leaves, then about 25% to 50% chance Mario comes (is that too optimistic?).

What about if Blake stays but somebody like Zo is hired with full control of the football program and Mario reports and deals with Zo on all matters related to the program?

His Oregon salary isn't 5.5 million. It's an average of 4.55 million under the new contract. At its peak, if he hits the incentives, he gets the option of an extra year on his contract that is worth 5 million (which in S Fl is equivalent to paying him about $4.4 million due to no state income tax). The bonus option year is typically going to be the highest salary, otherwise it makes no sense to include it.

If you mean Miami is going to have to pay him at least 5.5 m, it's possible. But consider what would have happened if Blake James master plan had worked out like he hoped and Diaz had been successful. Diaz is supposedly making around 3.5 million right now. If hypothetically he had won the ACC coastal this year, I think we all know he would have received a contract extension that would have bumped his salary up to probably around 4.5 million if not more through 2026 or 2027. So there would really only be a 1 million salary difference between the two coaches.

Diaz is making 3.1 base and I think Marios max w everything yearly is 5.5 (which he likely will hit)?

It’s not happening period. It’s something more
You already know, my guy.

nosy-nosey.gif

Advertisement
Back