What happened to James Coley's SoFla recruiting?

Whipple is a HC and Fisch was the OC of a NFL team.

And then you aren't very good at looking at the numbers. They compare.

I don't think Coley is great, I'm indifferent then him. Just like I don't **** on the players that look worse under Golden, I'm not going to **** on Coley either. I know he doesn't want to bleed the clock on offense.

You mentioned NIX and Whipple. Not Fisch.

Nix and Whipple, after Miami, never coordinated at the BCS level again. And Coley is statistically worse than both.

Now you are just making yourself look stupid.

Patrick Nix
2007: 111th in total offense
2008: 89th in total offense

James Coley
2013: 48th in total offense
2014: 47th in total offense

Never go full ******

I have no strong opinion on Coley one way or the other, but 47th in total offense with the talent Miami has had on offense for the past 2 years is about as embarrassing as it gets. Nix sucked, but he wasnt working with even a fraction of the talent Coley has/had.

We were 11th in yards per play the last 2 years. Unfortunately we run our offense at a snails pace (Golden) and our D can't get off the field (Golden).

I don't think Coley is good or bad, I can't properly judge him under Golden, just like our players.

Advertisement
Whipple is a HC and Fisch was the OC of a NFL team.

And then you aren't very good at looking at the numbers. They compare.

I don't think Coley is great, I'm indifferent then him. Just like I don't **** on the players that look worse under Golden, I'm not going to **** on Coley either. I know he doesn't want to bleed the clock on offense.

You mentioned NIX and Whipple. Not Fisch.

Nix and Whipple, after Miami, never coordinated at the BCS level again. And Coley is statistically worse than both.

Now you are just making yourself look stupid.

Patrick Nix
2007: 111th in total offense
2008: 89th in total offense

James Coley
2013: 48th in total offense
2014: 47th in total offense

Never go full ******

I have no strong opinion on Coley one way or the other, but 47th in total offense with the talent Miami has had on offense for the past 2 years is about as embarrassing as it gets. Nix sucked, but he wasnt working with even a fraction of the talent Coley has/had.

We were 11th in yards per play the last 2 years. Unfortunately we run our offense at a snails pace (Golden) and our D can't get off the field (Golden).

I don't think Coley is good or bad, I can't properly judge him under Golden, just like our players.

^
This. Read a stat somewhere we lead the nation in time elapsed between snaps.

Yep.

We've actually ranked high in yards per play for both the Coley and Fisch era:

Joe Schad @schadjoe · Jan 26 Yards per play leaders, last 4 yrs: Oregon, Baylor, Bama, FSU, A&M, Wisc, Miami, UGA, GT, Ohio State, OSU, USC, Oklahoma, Cincy, Auburn

I think our yards per play had more to do with having some elite big-play talent in the form of guys Duke, Dorsett, Miller and Streeter and less about who was calling the plays. Our offense hasn't been consistent at moving the ball down field for years and tends to be boom or bust. I'm not sure if it's Coley or Golden to blame, but I've seen far too many drives end on a 3rd and short play where we ran a ******* sweep to Gus instead of to Duke. That, to me, is worse than Seattle passing the ball on the goal line instead of handing the ball to Beast Mode. I totally get the hate for Golden and Onofrio, but it amazes me that Coley gets a free pass. I think we've had as much NFL talent on the offensive side of the ball than the defense, so to be as bad as we've been on 3rd down and sustaining drives is ridiculous. I just can't say for sure who's making the dumb call to do something like -- "hey, if we give it to our big back on a toss to the outside, the defense will never expect it! Plus, if our best player is on the sidelines, he can act as a perfect decoy!"

I do give Coley credit for nabbing Brad, because he's the best QB we've had in a LONG time. The only negative I see with Kayaa is that he might be good enough to keep some of our coaching staff employed beyond next season...

Advertisement
SoFla has caught on to Folden's bs. He can't sell the dream anymore.

The proof is out there. He can't win. Him and Donofrio are stubborn ********. The local community doesn't like them.

I'm indifferent on Coley, but nobody is easily pulling kids working for this fat prick.

this. no one can recruit with *** the HC. selling hope and change is gone now. there has to be actual performance to sell and our performance is horrific

We keep hiring guys to get their players and the players keep telling Al to **** off.

Ice
Baez
Beard

What a joke.

This......

Which is more proof that all this "relationships" and "relating to south florida youth" nonsense is overblown.

Jimmy and Butch were redneck hillbilly's. They were the farthest thing from tweeting, cuban coffee drinking James Coley. But we have fans here that have gotten this warped idea that ****ty unqualified guys from the 305 are somehow what this program needed.

You hit on a good point. Those Southern bubbas seem to do nicely with Southern black kids. Howard was born in Indiana but went to Kentucky, coached at Bama. Maybe these yankee boys just don't get it.

Coley when at FSU had something to sell, here he does not. Try and convince a kid to play a home game here with sometimes less than 10K of fans in stadium, compared to up there with a packed house of fans. 1 Team is starting another dynasty, and the other team is so far away from it. I think COley is a good recruiter if he has something to sell.

But, he is not a good OC. like poster above stated.

When did FSU have it's first dynasty? I remember one pity HC for Bobby. Then he actually won one. Now many years later after many many chokes, a Rapist gets them one more. The nole dynasty is one of wide rights and almosts, not NCs. We migth suck now and have for over decade, but 5 NC and more NC games we lost, in 25 years, that is a dynasty. Do not confuse fsu with our old days. They still suck tar and feathers.

Advertisement
Back