What happened to James Coley's SoFla recruiting?

Advertisement
Guy gets to Miami and not only is FSU recruiting our area better than ever, but he can't pull a SoFla kid to save his life.

Now I was told that kids "relate to Coley" and "coaches respect him" yet only ONE top Dade-Broward offensive player wants to play for him.

Not only is this guy the worst OC we have had by the numbers in years, not only is he a **** recruiter without FSU money, but he legitimately has been a boon for FSU since he left.

And if he isn't good enough to convince kids to play for Al, well then he has NO USE TO US period. Get this trojan horse Nole the **** away from my program.

Why would you write this post and then lie about his OC numbers? They are consistent with our last 2 OCs (Fisch and Whipple) and better then Nix (who wouldn't)?

Seems like you have a vendetta.

Guy gets to Miami and not only is FSU recruiting our area better than ever, but he can't pull a SoFla kid to save his life.

Now I was told that kids "relate to Coley" and "coaches respect him" yet only ONE top Dade-Broward offensive player wants to play for him.

Not only is this guy the worst OC we have had by the numbers in years, not only is he a **** recruiter without FSU money, but he legitimately has been a boon for FSU since he left.

And if he isn't good enough to convince kids to play for Al, well then he has NO USE TO US period. Get this trojan horse Nole the **** away from my program.

Why would you write this post and then lie about his OC numbers? They are consistent with our last 2 OCs (Fisch and Whipple) and better then Nix (who wouldn't)?

Seems like you have a vendetta.

I have made several posts directly comparing him to the two previously failed OCs (neither of whom will ever coach on this level again). In those posts, both Whipple and Nix were overall better by the numbers.

And of course I have a vendetta.

It absolutely KILLS me that our offense is abysmal and that the guy brought in to "shut down south florida" has done anything but that.

The guy is a Seminole. He spent years and years trashing the U to recruits, and had tons of shady boosters to help him out. He can't coach a lick. And without Jimbo, wins, and money he can't recruit for **** either.

And yet he is curiously excused by half the fan base b/c he's Cuban. It's infuriating.

Tim Brewster is the reason for their success imo Jimbo will always hire a hired gun to recruit sofla...Tim Brewster T-Rob those guys are ringers

Advertisement
Six wins......

But I thought James Coley was a good recruiter? Isn't recruiting about relationships and convincing kids?

Are you people meaning to tell me that how "cool" a guy is, and how well he tweets are actual irrelevant? But everyone told me we need moar "recruiter types". And everyone celebrated b/c James Coley "was going to lock down South Florida".

No Coley means no Kaaya, Yearby or Berrios from last year's class.

No ONE can continue to sell the **** that is Al Golden.

Whipple is a HC and Fisch was the OC of a NFL team.

And then you aren't very good at looking at the numbers. They compare.

I don't think Coley is great, I'm indifferent then him. Just like I don't **** on the players that look worse under Golden, I'm not going to **** on Coley either. I know he doesn't want to bleed the clock on offense.

Again, he was brought here to recruit. He sucks as OC, and since he arrived he hasn't done a single thing to improve the state of SoFla recruiting.

I understand kids don't want to play for Al, but this is proving my point: there is not such thing as a great recruiter. Winning and money are what recruits. So when you have an OC who's only previous skill was "recruiting", you have an OC WITH NO ACTUAL SKILLS AT ANYTHING.
I endorse this post. With that said, Fire Al Golden.

Advertisement
Six wins......

But I thought James Coley was a good recruiter? Isn't recruiting about relationships and convincing kids?

Are you people meaning to tell me that how "cool" a guy is, and how well he tweets are actual irrelevant? But everyone told me we need moar "recruiter types". And everyone celebrated b/c James Coley "was going to lock down South Florida".

No Coley means no Kaaya, Yearby or Berrios from last year's class.

No ONE can continue to sell the **** that is Al Golden.

Kaaya and Berrios aren't from South Florida, and Yearby was the third best of the big three from last year. Congrats.

I don't think Coley is great, I'm indifferent then him. Just like I don't **** on the players that look worse under Golden, I'm not going to **** on Coley either. I know he doesn't want to bleed the clock on offense.

You mentioned NIX and Whipple. Not Fisch.

Nix and Whipple, after Miami, never coordinated at the BCS level again. And Coley is statistically worse than both.

James Coley was brought in to fanfare by the recruiting ***s as a guy who could relate to South Florida kids and would lock up the State of Miami.

And in 2+ years his greatest score was a kid who has a family connection to him, and was the third best back in South Florida behind Cook and Sony.

No OC has had a worse 3rd down conversion rate, aka the money down, in the last 40 years at minimum. His red zone offense is among the worst all time here as well.

Coley is a good recruiter, that is why Fisher wanted him to stay. However, recruiting has a direct correlation to the product are selling. FSU has alot to sell right now. Miami does not. If we start to show improvement, and more importantly get people in the stands things might change. Also, the move to Adidas although financially might have been good, it is not for the kids trying to sign. NIKE/Under Armour and then way down Adidas. This is important to kids. But, I think Coley is a good recruiter, but the analogy of trying to sell a ketchup popsicle to an eskimo might apply here.

Advertisement
what's wrong w/ his recruiting? he doesn't have the luxury of selling chicken salad to the prima donna recruits...

You mentioned NIX and Whipple. Not Fisch.

Nix and Whipple, after Miami, never coordinated at the BCS level again. And Coley is statistically worse than both.

Now you are just making yourself look stupid.

Patrick Nix
2007: 111th in total offense
2008: 89th in total offense

James Coley
2013: 48th in total offense
2014: 47th in total offense

Never go full ******

He's a horrible play caller.

Unless he's killing it on the recruiting trail he's absolutely worthless. The fact we just went 6-7 (for which Coley shares some of the blame) deters recruiting more than anything any coach can say.

It's a vicious circle. Unless an entire purging of the staff is done soon the damage may be beyond repair.

Advertisement
The point here is that this staff is built to be able to recruit because it's not built around coaching as the 6-7 record can suggest. Well, all except Doritos, not sure what his strengths are except perhaps being able to suck on Fat Al's nuts.

I'm sure he is a great recruiter, he has been silent as far as recruiting goes this year, my guess is, he sees and hears what kind of a joke Al is and knows that he can't do anything about it! So he's just gonna collect a paycheck this year and look forward to a new job next year

Do you want to know what made Coley such a great recruiter at FSU? He was the one who would arrange for bags to be used and who got what. He doesn't have that luxury here. That's the honest truth.

Advertisement
Back