What happened to James Coley's SoFla recruiting?

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
Guy gets to Miami and not only is FSU recruiting our area better than ever, but he can't pull a SoFla kid to save his life.

Now I was told that kids "relate to Coley" and "coaches respect him" yet only ONE top Dade-Broward offensive player wants to play for him.

Not only is this guy the worst OC we have had by the numbers in years, not only is he a **** recruiter without FSU money, but he legitimately has been a boon for FSU since he left.

And if he isn't good enough to convince kids to play for Al, well then he has NO USE TO US period. Get this trojan horse Nole the **** away from my program.

Advertisement
Coley is not the issue, the clown in charge is the problem and his incompetent BFF.

SoFla has caught on to Folden's bs. He can't sell the dream anymore.

The proof is out there. He can't win. Him and Donofrio are stubborn ********. The local community doesn't like them.

I'm indifferent on Coley, but nobody is easily pulling kids working for this fat prick.

Guy gets to Miami and not only is FSU recruiting our area better than ever, but he can't pull a SoFla kid to save his life.

Now I was told that kids "relate to Coley" and "coaches respect him" yet only ONE top Dade-Broward offensive player wants to play for him.

Not only is this guy the worst OC we have had by the numbers in years, not only is he a **** recruiter without FSU money, but he legitimately has been a boon for FSU since he left.

And if he isn't good enough to convince kids to play for Al, well then he has NO USE TO US period. Get this trojan horse Nole the **** away from my program.

Is anyone good enough to convince kids to play for Al? Don't think you can't put this on Coley. Wasn't he the one that held last years class together?

Again, he was brought here to recruit. He sucks as OC, and since he arrived he hasn't done a single thing to improve the state of SoFla recruiting.

I understand kids don't want to play for Al, but this is proving my point: there is not such thing as a great recruiter. Winning and money are what recruits. So when you have an OC who's only previous skill was "recruiting", you have an OC WITH NO ACTUAL SKILLS AT ANYTHING.

Advertisement
Six wins......

But I thought James Coley was a good recruiter? Isn't recruiting about relationships and convincing kids?

Are you people meaning to tell me that how "cool" a guy is, and how well he tweets are actual irrelevant? But everyone told me we need moar "recruiter types". And everyone celebrated b/c James Coley "was going to lock down South Florida".

Who knows what kind of OC he is? When your told to play slow and conservative to protect a ****** defense you are pretty much handcuffed. Any thread that doesn't focus on Corch Al and how much he sucks is a waste of time.

man, Golden's gig is up. No one wants to play for him. We have to go OOS because everyone knows that Golden is toast locally. It wouldn't matter if the staff was made up of TRob, Cristobal and whatever other "ace recruiters" you wanna put on staff, because they would all be recruiting with their hands tied. Dude should have been fired 6 weeks ago. This administration is just sitting idly by as the program goes down in flames

Advertisement
I agree he was obviously hired for his alleged recruiting prowess but that failed to come to fruition. He OC skill are certainly not too notch.

Who knows what kind of OC he is? When your told to play slow and conservative to protect a ****ty defense you are pretty much handcuffed. Any thread that doesn't focus on Corch Al and how much he sucks is a waste of time.

Oh please stop this nonsense. For the love of god he wasn't allowed to call plays at his own alma mater!!! Jimbo was willing to give him up than concede that responsibility to him.

I don't care if you are told to run a slow offense. A slow offense has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ABOMINATION ON THIRD DOWN AND IN THE RED ZONE. Absolutely NOTHING. The only stat it affects is total offense, which we were't that bad in. He is a MISERABLE OC. Stop blowing him b/c he's cuban for *****' sake.

man, Golden's gig is up. No one wants to play for him. We have to go OOS because everyone knows that Golden is toast locally. It wouldn't matter if the staff was made up of TRob, Cristobal and whatever other "ace recruiters" you wanna put on staff, because they would all be recruiting with their hands tied. Dude should have been fired 6 weeks ago. This administration is just sitting idly by as the program goes down in flames

So in other words you realize that "Ace recruiters" are only as good as the program/coach they are recruiting for? Exactly my point over 2 years ago when we hired Corley. It's why I have stated for years that a staff full of recruiters never has and never will work. If you can't coach football, you are USELESS.

Top recruits aren't going 2 come2 miami for two simple reasons. First is they aren't winning the games they should be. Secondly the coaching staff sucks for the most part. 6-7 team yet up to 10 players could be taken in the nfl draft. Coaching staff/schemes need to change before the top recruits say im going to the U

Advertisement
Top recruits aren't going 2 come2 miami for two simple reasons. First is they aren't winning the games they should be. Secondly the coaching staff sucks for the most part. 6-7 team yet up to 10 players could be taken in the nfl draft. Coaching staff/schemes need to change before the top recruits say im going to the U

So what you are saying is that when it comes to coaches, especially coordinators, it's more important that they are good football men so the team can actually win games? As opposed to being good "salesmen" who "kids think are cool"?

But 16 year olds Ariz and Tito told me it's all about hashtags and sunglasses!

Advertisement
We keep hiring guys to get their players and the players keep telling Al to **** off.

Ice
Baez
Beard

What a joke.

We keep hiring guys to get their players and the players keep telling Al to **** off.

Ice
Baez
Beard

What a joke.

This......

Which is more proof that all this "relationships" and "relating to south florida youth" nonsense is overblown.

Jimmy and Butch were redneck hillbilly's. They were the farthest thing from tweeting, cuban coffee drinking James Coley. But we have fans here that have gotten this warped idea that ****** unqualified guys from the 305 are somehow what this program needed.

Advertisement
Back