What Does Manny have to do, to save his job??

Three things for me:

On offence - teach his offensive line, TEs and WRs how to block. Expand the run scheme beyond a HB dive.
On defence - teach his players how to tackle and play gap responsibility. Teach his players to stop guarding grass in zone.
Overall - motivate the players so they don't come out of the tunnel looking like they've taken Ambien. Play the best players regardless of age.

Think it's a bit too late in the day for him to fix those problems though.

Advertisement
Does anyone ever read the titles of threads? The question was "What does Manny have to do to save his job?"

It wasn't "what do you think the Canes will do the rest of the year?" The responses on here aren't what people think will happen the rest of the year.

What Manny needs to do to save his job is implausible. We all know that.
The average IQ in here is equal to the year our our first title

You fans are so weird. If you are fans of the University of Miami, and don't care who the coac is, you want the team to beat UVA and go on a nice roll in the ACC and win the coastal. That will help recruiting that will help build the program back and that'll be a good thing. Instead you want to see the coach have a bad season and be fired. The coastal sucks. It's there for the taking

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree, if we go 6-2 and have 2 close losses While playing good football then you got to think about bringing him back as well
I hope not. It would only delay what will need to happen eventually.
He would need to become a completely different coach....something he is not going to do.
We will just be in the exact situation next year.

Advertisement
Three things for me:

On offence - teach his offensive line, TEs and WRs how to block. Expand the run scheme beyond a HB dive.
On defence - teach his players how to tackle and play gap responsibility. Teach his players to stop guarding grass in zone.
Overall - motivate the players so they don't come out of the tunnel looking like they've taken Ambien. Play the best players regardless of age.

Think it's a bit too late in the day for him to fix those problems though.

There is no teaching Mallory. He is a good kid and all, but he can’t block. Arroyo needs to be that guy for us going forward.

Win out and that means win the ACC AND Bowl game. Seeing that Manny Diaz is incapable of doing that, he's good as gone. Blake James will join him in the unemployment line.

Advertisement
I just want Blake James gone now first. At the very minimal an AD for just football operations. I’m hoping that guy is Alonzo. Manny can win out, or continue to scrub out, it will be a win win. At least I know we will get a competent head coach with our next hire. Just get us, Highsmith, asap.

we can't stop anyone. even today our defense gave them a bunch of chances. if Manny wants to save his job, play the young kids. they are way better athletes.

I don't see much hope to improve the defense but Kings injury could be the thing that saves him. I am a believer that offense is more important than defense in cfb today. I don't think King and Lashlees offense worked well together. Garcia seems to be more of a gunslinger than TVD, I would give him the nod but no problem if they go with TVD. I think both will run the offense better than King. Maybe Lashlee finally saw the light and will go 4 wide with Rambo, Restrepo, B. Smith, and Melo. I was looking at the box score and Wiggins 1 reception for -1 yards made me chuckle.

Advertisement
I don't see much hope to improve the defense but Kings injury could be the thing that saves him. I am a believer that offense is more important than defense in cfb today. I don't think King and Lashlees offense worked well together. Garcia seems to be more of a gunslinger than TVD, I would give him the nod but no problem if they go with TVD. I think both will run the offense better than King. Maybe Lashlee finally saw the light and will go 4 wide with Rambo, Restrepo, B. Smith, and Melo. I was looking at the box score and Wiggins 1 reception for -1 yards made me chuckle.
im over Harley with the drops and running backwards at time. the four kids you named plus George are talented. Franklin looked faster than I thought. Honestly, Gaynor getting hurt isn't that bad. he's trash

Advertisement
Back