What Does Manny have to do, to save his job??

I always love these threads after we just embarrass what was essentially a HS team. Optimism reigns supreme.

But nothing is different right now than 9 hours ago or one week ago when we got destroyed by MSU.

Manny is not going better than 5-3 in ACC play.
I don't think anyone is optimistic

Advertisement
I agree, but if Manny goes 7-1 in the ACC and finishes the season 9-3 while winning the Costal then he deserves to come back. I doubt it happens though

At this point, his return would only delay the inevitable. Plus, why give rivals the fuel in recruiting. Fans, Alumni, Local media and National media have their narrative. It's time to move on. I Can't imagine him trying to recruit in this mess

If he goes 7-1 he may buy another year, but I doubt it has any impact on Blake James' future. Herbstreit said what everyone's been thinking and ignoring will just make the powers that be look that much worse if they leave him be.

Advertisement
Him winning out , possible given our talent and just how bad the ACC is this year, would be the ultimate nightmare scenario. We'd get our *** handed to us by a non-ACC opponent in the bowl game. It would also open the window for Blake to extend Manny and all the momentum built up to fire Blake would evaporate overnight.

Some of you really underestimate just how clueless, apathetic, and incompetent our administration is. It's time to cut off the head of the snake.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I always love these threads after we just embarrass what was essentially a HS team. Optimism reigns supreme.

But nothing is different right now than 9 hours ago or one week ago when we got destroyed by MSU.

Manny is not going better than 5-3 in ACC play.
I don't understand the optimism when that team was so small and slow. The talent advantage was a big time advantage. Any player will look good against that team. Manny put the young guys in to try and steal another year. He wants to use the wait till those guys are older see what they can do. Give me time I'm building something blah blah blah all BS

At minimum win the coastal…. For an extension would need to win the ACCCG

He will do neither…. UVA and GT are losses

Advertisement
For the record, I've publicly stated that Diaz is dead man walking and I stand by that. If he were going to make the kind of changes that would keep him as HC, he had 8 months to do so and we're worse than even the most skeptical of us imagined.

However, just to play along because that's the sort of thing you do on chatrooms like this...

There's "What does Manny need to do to not get fired this year" and there's, "What does Manny need to do to win back most of Cane Nation."

I think if he pulls out 9 wins, it will be very tempting for the administration to bring him back, especially if Blake is still AD.

9 wins is not enough to erase the damage he's done to Cane nation, to the program's image, etc.

What would he need to do to win back Cane Nation's support? I think he would need to win a minimum of 10 games and one of those games should be a bowl game. He would need to win the Coastal (totally doable this year) and, assuming we don't win the ACCCHGM beat some middle of the road team in a bowl.

If that previous scenario played out, there would still be a lot questions and doubts, but also, it would be only the 2nd 10 win season in the last decade and a half and his win total improvement would be undeniable.

BUT, he's not doing it!! Forget the fact that he's in his 3rd year as HC and in the 6th year of his D system, he had 8 months to fix the D and more specifically, the tackling and going into the game, with this year being the worst ACC year on record, we were dead last in total D in the ACC and dead last in tackling in the entire COUNTRY!!!

All that stated, I just don't have the heart to go into the UVA game not rooting for our boys to win. Good thing for me, whether I root for or against them will have zero bearing on how well they do since I can't be at the game this Thursday.

If he wins out or manages to only lose one game he’ll be back. There’s like a 10% chance he wins out tho.

Advertisement
Back