What Does Manny have to do, to save his job??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Win the Coastal. Which is going to be very difficult. I didn't have "get *** kicked by Georgia Tech at home" on this year's bingo card, but that looks like a possibility now.

Would love to be proven wrong but I don't think they can do it. Maybe in some wild fantasy Manny says to **** with it, plays all the young kids and they end up balling out. Seems unlikely. I could see at least 4 losses (NC, VT, GT, NC st).

I think we pull one out of a hat on UVA Thursday night, and then it goes downhill again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You’re not going to convince anyone this will happen, but if you’re just asking a simple question, the answer is “an ACC Coastal championship”.
As unlikely as it is, I mean REALLY unlikely, if Diaz won the ACC, the most ardent Diaz hater would have to tip their cap and accept that the Diaz era is going to keep going. That's not happening, but yeah, in some alternate multiverse, if Diaz win the ACC, he would deserve to stay. Also, the sky would be orange in the alternate universe.

We lost to a putrid Michigan State team because we coach (didn't say "play," we're beyond that blaming the players crap) unsound, undisciplined, soft football. You can't change that mid-season. If he wins 8 games, he'll be safe, but he ain't winning 6 more games.

Him winning out , possible given our talent and just how bad the ACC is this year, would be the ultimate nightmare scenario. We'd get our *** handed to us by a non-ACC opponent in the bowl game. It would also open the window for Blake to extend Manny and all the momentum built up to fire Blake would evaporate overnight.

Some of you really underestimate just how clueless, apathetic, and incompetent our administration is. It's time to cut off the head of the snake.
I hope we Win out..

Advertisement
We lost to a putrid Michigan State team because we coach (didn't say "play," we're beyond that blaming the players crap) unsound, undisciplined, soft football. You can't change that mid-season. If he wins 8 games, he'll be safe, but he ain't winning 6 more games.

Combined record of the first 3 opponents:

11-1

The last 2 games last year and first 3 this year are enough to make us all puke and I can’t imagine there’s anybody who has confidence we’re going to do anything noteworthy the next 2 months. But we haven’t lost to FIU or Duke just yet. Let’s see how Thursday goes. And let’s see if we can exercise some demons in Chapel Hill. No reason to really draw full conclusions on a season after a third of it.

Were 2-2 and begining ACC play.

If we finish 7-1 or better then its pretty much a lock to bring Manny back

If we finish 6-2 then it depends on how we looked in that period, if we played good assignment based football and cleaned up everything and have the young QBs playing good football then yeah, you bring Manny back.

If we finish 5-3 or worse then it's pretty much a done deal Manny is gone, going 7-5 in year 3 is inexcusable with this roster

What do you think??
Win the Coastal, win his bowl game.

Advertisement
6-2= Dismissed. Too much pressure. Dead man walking after next loss.
7-1 = Job still unsafe but not dead man walking.
8-0 = Safe.

Sadly, I think we miss the 7 win mark. But if that is what needs to happen to make change, so be it.

This is how bad our luck is:

The Coastal is a total dumpster fire. Watch the Canes back into winning the coastal just because everybody else is so terrible. Blake will then sign Manny to a 10 year, $84 million extension. And he’ll proceed to go 6-6 or 7-5 every year until his contract runs out.

Don’t tell me it can’t happen.

Advertisement
Back