What does $17.1 million get you in LA?

Yeah, a bit odd. 45 mins means over an hour. I don't know what the real estate looks like near campus but I've never heard of a HC at a big time school being so far from school. MArio, OTOH, wanted to buy a house specifically close to school so he can quickly get to campus, bring recruits over, etc.

I doubt he's footing the entire bill of the house but I'd be curious.
David Shaw at Stanford did something similar. Bought an estate in Rio del Mar which is at least an hour from Stanford.

Helicopters have been mentioned but I think these guys either have drivers and/or use that time to decompress as they're probably on the roads so early and so late that traffic isn't always an issue.

We're kind of lucky (well our coaches are) in that they could have this similar type of real estate option about 10-15 mins from campus.

Advertisement
I'm sure he gets up early enough to beat LA rush hour.

sure how could. But still would have the evening traffic to deal with unless he wants wait it out past 8 pm.

More likely he probably will have a condo closer to usc where he stays 2-3 nights a week. Pete Carroll did that, he had a beautiful house in Malibu overlooking the ocean and kept a place closer to USC

I believe the school provided the home for him… That was reported when he signed

I don’t know I haven’t seen his contract, maybe they did, I thought the talk was that he got some type of help with the home. What kind of help I don’t know.

**** I ain’t never swum in no seamint pond. Dat fo rich folks. I did however take a dump in an abov grawnd kiddie pool afta a bad nite at da rockin bear.

Advertisement
sure how could. But still would have the evening traffic to deal with unless he wants wait it out past 8 pm.

More likely he probably will have a condo closer to usc where he stays 2-3 nights a week. Pete Carroll did that, he had a beautiful house in Malibu overlooking the ocean and kept a place closer to USC
This is what I would do. If wife got any questions, then she can have a key or her and the kids can come stay there with me but I’m not sitting in traffic every evening when I have that type of money lol.

And helicopters I’m not to cool with.

I wonder what his net worth is? I’m going to guess around $50 million. Does that sound about right?

So assuming that’s the case, he bought a house that’s 34% of his net worth. That’s tying up a lot of investable money in real estate, I’ve never understood that.
If I remember correctly, SC had a something in a contract where they would get him a 4MM house. He probably took stipend and is covering the rest

That’s what $17 million gets you in Palos Verdes but that is kinda far from the SC campus.

I wonder if that place is for the wife and kids and he gets a condo closer to campus.
This was my thought exactly. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a condo close to campus and the family stays at the big place out of town. I remember the area right around the USC campus not being the nicest place to live either. It’s definitely not Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Yeah, a bit odd. 45 mins means over an hour. I don't know what the real estate looks like near campus but I've never heard of a HC at a big time school being so far from school. MArio, OTOH, wanted to buy a house specifically close to school so he can quickly get to campus, bring recruits over, etc.

I doubt he's footing the entire bill of the house but I'd be curious.
Believe that when his contract was announced it included $6 million towards a new home, in addition to his salary, game tickets and use of a corporate jet. Palos Verdes Estates is one of the most desirable residential "subdivisions" in Southern California. The ocean views are spectacular. Large residential lots that are not available anywhere with ocean views in LA. Monster investment as far as capital gain over the 10 year length of his initial contract. This is a case of having your cake and eating it too.

I don’t know I haven’t seen his contract, maybe they did, I thought the talk was that he got some type of help with the home. What kind of help I don’t know.

Knowing most coaches are miser fvcks and the fact that he's a country guy who's lived in podunk towns, I would be shocked if he agreed to put up a significant amount of his own money on that house

Knowing most coaches are miser fvcks and the fact that he's a country guy who's lived in podunk towns, I would be shocked if he agreed to put up a significant amount of his own money on that house

Even if it’s just partial help, on the mortgage, USC went all in with him. Again I’d like to see a comparison of his contract with either Saban‘s or Kirby’s.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not my taste. Weird that he's living 40-45 minutes away from USC, and a lot more if the 110 is jammed. That's a lot of f'ing driving and wasted time down to PVE.

Truth be told, no sports stars live near their place of employment….well, it’s b/c SoFi, Staples, USC, Dodger Stadium are either located in The Hood or The Barrios. Lol. Kobe lived in New Port Beach which is a 45 min drive w/ no traffic to Staples. Hence, he got a helicopter. U won’t find a high profiled player or coach living w/in 15 mins of those aforementioned places, b/c 15 mins puts u in the hood, my guy. Lol

Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District is one of the best in the state and in the country. Safe bet wife called the shots on that one and Lincoln can deal with the commute—for which he'll have a driver shuttling him around while he works in the back. Will probably have his own digs on campus as well and won't be home much during the week. Wouldn't be shocked if he had chopper access, the same way Kobe got all around the area to avoid traffic.

Not my taste. Weird that he's living 40-45 minutes away from USC, and a lot more if the 110 is jammed. That's a lot of f'ing driving and wasted time down to PVE.
Not many other choices. Beverly Hills would be decent but still traffic. The Valley sucks and it’s too hot. Any of the beach cities have a long commute through traffic. PVE is the nicest area but it’s a pain to get out of the peninsula.

There’s a reason why Kobe lived in the OC.

Advertisement
Back