What does $17.1 million get you in LA?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don’t know who you’re talking about. So tell me why they can’t fire him, even though that’s not what it’s about in terms of what I was referring to. It’s about firing someone and then not having to pay his buyout. That’s when the “moral” clause might going into effect, assuming the coach did something to trigger it.
Pretty sure he was referring to Auburn.

I wonder what his net worth is? I’m going to guess around $50 million. Does that sound about right?

So assuming that’s the case, he bought a house that’s 34% of his net worth. That’s tying up a lot of investable money in real estate, I’ve never understood that.

Huh?

Ever heard of a mortgage? :)

If he has a NW of $50M, and a $100M contract too, he is probably getting 90% financed at some ridiculous USC Credit Union rate, if he even has a mortgage at all. He is probably using an asset backed loan as low as 1% in reality, so that house is a cash machine, and he gets to live in it.

But for the sake of conversation, let's assume he has a mortgage. And I'll use a conservative or normie 2.5%. So he probably put $1.7M down, or only ~3.4% of his net worth, not 34%. That would give him a monthly mortgage payment of ~$60k a month while making $830k a month in gross income (I used a $10M salary as I'm too lazy to look, I think it might actually be higher. EDIT: the skreets say $11M++). Which is only 7% of his gross income. And that money is being invested, not spent.

If the house appreciates 5% a year, that's an annual gain of $850k a year in value, when his payments are only $720k a year.

Real Estate is the great wealth builder. It actually allows people to borrow more than than their net worth, not less, as the loan is collateralized by the asset. And at today's rates? You can RAKE.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The high rises near Staples/Cryp have luxury residences. Jim Buss used to have a place there.
True you can hide in a high rise but try walking down the road and there's a good chance you will be mugged, raped or both

I'll tell you what $17.1 million would get me. Two chicks at the same time, that's what. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had $17.1 million, I could hook that up, too. Cause chicks dig dudes with money.

There's always Utah and far cheaper to boot.

Just be wary of the ones they try to pawn off because they have a unibrow.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back