What does $17.1 million get you in LA?

I wonder what his net worth is? I’m going to guess around $50 million. Does that sound about right?

So assuming that’s the case, he bought a house that’s 34% of his net worth. That’s tying up a lot of investable money in real estate, I’ve never understood that.
Coach contracts for most part are guaranteed.. pretty sure he reset the market with 100 milli.. plus whatever he was making before

Advertisement
Yeah, a bit odd. 45 mins means over an hour. I don't know what the real estate looks like near campus but I've never heard of a HC at a big time school being so far from school. MArio, OTOH, wanted to buy a house specifically close to school so he can quickly get to campus, bring recruits over, etc.

I doubt he's footing the entire bill of the house but I'd be curious.

Yeah I have no way of knowing. His contract is rich enough for them not to worry about his house but then again I’ve never seen his contract

Coach contracts for most part are guaranteed.. pretty sure he reset the market with 100 milli.. plus whatever he was making before

Rght. But I was just wondering what his present net worth is. The hundred million dollars isn’t necessarily guaranteed, if they catch him with a male coed and a goat in his office, he won’t get all of it.

Not my taste. Weird that he's living 40-45 minutes away from USC, and a lot more if the 110 is jammed. That's a lot of f'ing driving and wasted time down to PVE.
Dude probably got an apartment on Campus close to the facilities for during the season. When you got that type of money you can make moves like that. In fact the school probably provides him a free house on campus. Smaller scale but still somewhere close to campus.

Advertisement
I wonder what his net worth is? I’m going to guess around $50 million. Does that sound about right?

So assuming that’s the case, he bought a house that’s 34% of his net worth. That’s tying up a lot of investable money in real estate, I’ve never understood that.
I thought I remembered something about USC not only buying his homes in Norman, but helping with his house in LA

Advertisement
typical million dollar home in LA

1647021261995.png

He'll make that money back and then some when it sells. Say it's six years from now, I'd estimate an extra 3 mil at a bare minimum on top of what he paid. That's an investment and a fair rate of return.

Nobody saying he’s going to lose money on the deal. Sounds like USC helped him on the house anyway. I’ve always played along the lines that there are better investment than Real Estate. But that’s just in my life. I don’t have anybody helping to buy my properties. I just personally think it’s a bad idea to tie a lot of money in real estate if you’re good at investing money.

But this just reinforces that he’s got to have the best college coaching deal. I mean does this deal surpass Saban‘s? Or Kirbys? It has to, doesn’t it?

I'll tell you what $17.1 million would get me. Two chicks at the same time, that's what. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had $17.1 million, I could hook that up, too. Cause chicks dig dudes with money.

Advertisement
Well sheesh.. ooooook

There’s always a morals/NCAA violation clause in these contracts. That’s how administrations try to get out of them for non performing coach sometimes, or just for someone that’s caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

There’s always a morals/NCAA violation clause in these contracts. That’s how administrations try to get out of them for non performing coach sometimes, or just for someone that’s caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
The barners just tried with great desperation to fire their head coach. Mostly, because some on the BOT felt he wasn't a good recruiter or gameday coach. The University found it impossible to fire a guy "with cause" for just being bad at his job.

Advertisement
The barners just tried with great desperation to fire their head coach. Mostly, because some on the BOT felt he wasn't a good recruiter or gameday coach. The University found it impossible to fire a guy "with cause" for just being bad at his job.

Don’t know who you’re talking about. So tell me why they can’t fire him, even though that’s not what it’s about in terms of what I was referring to. It’s about firing someone and then not having to pay his buyout. That’s when the “moral” clause might going into effect, assuming the coach did something to trigger it.

I believe the school provided the home for him… That was reported when he signed

Advertisement
Back