What does $17.1 million get you in LA?

Advertisement
There IS no place like that in Norman. 3 acre lot overlooking the Pacific Ocean?
There is a lot more money to be made in LA than Norman. That is why there are neighborhoods that have homes that average over thirty million. Jeff Bezos just recently bought the Jack Warner estate for 165 million. The estate called The One was listened for 295 million was sold for 141 million at a bankruptcy auction.

Advertisement
In fairness, USC has more money than God, and spent like the old woman in the temple. They’re flushed w/ cash now that The Coliseum is back up & running w/ events they’ve had rented the facility for, along w/ mega donors pitching in, and of course the amount of revenue they’ve made from a certain shoe brand in merchandise sales.

This is all an investment for them; Get the coach, make sure he’s happy, get the fan base to buy more chit (tickets, merchandise, memorabilia), boom, u banking money. More student applications, b/c students like to be associated w/ winners. Even if Riley don’t win a Nat’l Championship, constantly winning the PAC-12 South, vying for CFP spots, & playing in NY6 games will still get the money flowing in.

In fairness, USC has more money than God, and spent like the old woman in the temple. They’re flushed w/ cash now that The Coliseum is back up & running w/ events they’ve had rented the facility for, along w/ mega donors pitching in, and of course the amount of revenue they’ve made from a certain shoe brand in merchandise sales.

This is all an investment for them; Get the coach, make sure he’s happy, get the fan base to buy more chit (tickets, merchandise, memorabilia), boom, u banking money. More student applications, b/c students like to be associated w/ winners. Even if Riley don’t win a Nat’l Championship, constantly winning the PAC-12 South, vying for CFP spots, & playing in NY6 games will still get the money flowing in.
A stingy once successful private school now spending money never thought possible. Poaching a Power 5 coach.

Sounds familiar.

Advertisement
I’m a complete moron, but I can’t imagine ever needing to have a house that big or that many bathrooms. Just chill man.

Agreed bro; I don’t care if I was filthy rich, I can’t see myself in a house that big. I would rather have a nice sized house that can entertain, on land vs. a ginormous house that I’ll most likely not use to its fullest in my lifetime.

Advertisement
I grew up in SoCal... Trust me you don't want to live anywhere near USC campus
Me and couple of my boys crashed some fraternity parties during rush week there a while while back. We were all like 24 or 25 yrs old at the time too and just visiting one of our friends that was moving to Orange County but still had a place in Marina Del Rey. We said we were 21 and were all transferring together there because some "unseemly" things went down in Miami.

Long story short, one of my boys got completely obliterated and decided to wander off campus- probably to look for drugs and/or tacos. He lost his phone in the process too. We start getting repeated calls from a freakin' payphone. We finally answer and he's like "Uhhh, guys. This isn't anything like Coral Gables. I need you to find my *** now."

We finally did locate him at some gas station in the hood and the following Monday back in Miami we kept getting calls about bid day from several fraternities that thought we had "potential".

But yeahhhh, the surrounding area there ain't exactly desirable.

Advertisement
Back