What do you think about what Keontra Smith is saying here?

Advertisement
I have to agree with macho on this one. Especially being that he talks to local kids and is in the know. I'm not a fan of the staffs approach to QB recruiting one bit. And if your competition is beating you to kids just down the street, that's a problem (even if bama has 106 coaches). What's the point of making a kid 'earn' his offer if your going to let him sit on that offer and 'slow-play' you right back! If they're looking, we should be too.

What was Richts philosophy at UGA? I honestly dont know. Did he slow play there or give out less offers? He never seemed to have a problem recruiting down here when he was coaching there.

You don't think a kid has the right to wonder WTF is going on when he's got offers from Michigan, Bama, etc...but none from the school 30 minutes down the street?
Yup it is what it is, kid felt disrespected and I understand where hes coming from. I never knew that side of it until this video and I do get where hes coming from when u put yourself in his shoes.

Advertisement
Not saying we should offer kids that can't play here or commit? (or commit)
I'm talking about not slow-playing kids like Battle while having all of our chips on Stevenson.
Or taking too long to figure out whether a kid is worthy of playing here or not.
Players slow play programs and vice versus.

We should've been on Battle harder a lot sooner, but lets not act like we came after the dude midway through his senior season. Looking like Johnny come lately.

Why do you guys think Miami is late to the party?

Simple evaluation...Lol at that Bama offer in general...If this kid thinks Bama would have took him and stayed loyal to him, then he is very naive.

It's easy to throw out offers when the kid is 2000 miles from you and "may" get up to visit at some point the next 2 offseason.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You guys do realize that loyalty and "love for the home team" is something that's going by the wayside, right? This generation gives zero fvcks about that. They put value in whatever's "hot" at the time.

Especially in a place like Miami. If you expect kids to come in and complete, then expect programs to compete for allegiance.

I'm just a little concerned about the perception with local kids.
And I'm a little concerned with the fact that we're playing with kids like Battle.

Just simply bringing the issue/discussion to light.

Whoa wait...we're playing with Battle?

I just don't see how that video is an indictment on our recruiting strategy. As others have said, he wouldn't have been committed to UK if those other offers were viable options.

You can't expect a Miami offer to mean anything if you want to give them out to any freshman that Bama/UGA etc look at.

We're coming off a monster class, 2020 is going to be even better and contrary to popular opinion, I like our 2019 class. Not sure what all the whining is about.

Advertisement
His best quote? "What I'm gonna be mad they took long to offer? That's childish"

Last edited:
We can’t throw out a ton of offers and then pull them when the kids down pan out after their junior year. There are too many SoFl coaches just waiting to badmouth us. We get burned like no other local school. It is the Miami us against the world mentality. Same thing that helps us hurts us

So if Miami coaches think an OOS recruit is better than a local recruit they shouldn't offer the OOS kid becuase the local kid might get upset?

giphy.gif

Advertisement
We offer kids early all the time & they still don't commit & quite a few of them decommit from us as well.

Judas Jobe, BJ Henderson, Brian Edwards, Shawn Davis, Pat Surtain Jr & many more were all kids we offered & pursued throughout most of the recruiting process, they all ended up spurning us in the end.

We can offer kids their Freshman or Sophomore year, they'll either commit early & decommit after using us as a placeholder, or will visit a few times only to eventually go elsewhere.

We were on Dontae Lucas & Derrick Hunter really early, showed them a bunch of love, but they still wanted to play games & hopped on the FSU bandwagon. It became mutual because the staff got tired of them anyway, but we did everything right & they still fcked us. Same thing with Ty Stevenson & Frank Ladson, we played it right, but they took the bags.

The "they didn't offer me early" excuse is just pure propaganda that their Coaches & handlers put in their head to justify sh*ttin on Miami.

If these kids want to play here, they will, it's that simple. Doesn't matter when or why we offer, they'll commit if they really want to be a Cane.

What was Richts philosophy at UGA? I honestly dont know. Did he slow play there or give out less offers? He never seemed to have a problem recruiting down here when he was coaching there.

In Georgia it doesn't matter if a kid gets an offer 24 hours before signing day the top players have a 85-90 percent chance of going to UGA.

We offer kids early all the time & they still don't commit & quite a few of them decommit from us as well.

Judas Jobe, BJ Henderson, Brian Edwards, Shawn Davis, Pat Surtain Jr & many more were all kids we offered & pursued throughout most of the recruiting process, they all ended up spurning us in the end.

We can offer kids their Freshman or Sophomore year, they'll either commit early & decommit after using us as a placeholder, or will visit a few time only to eventually go elsewhere.

We were on Dontae Lucas & Derrick Hunter really early, showed them a bunch of love, but they still wanted to play games & hopped on the FSU bandwagon. It became mutual because the staff got tired of them anyway, but we did everything right & they still fcked us. Same thing with Ty Stevenson & Frank Ladson, we played it right, but they took the bags.

The "they didn't offer me early" excuse is just pure propaganda that their Coaches & handlers put in their head to justify sh*ttin on Miami.

If these kids want to play here, they will, it's that simple. Doesn't matter when or why we offer, they'll commit if they really want to be a Cane.

All of this

Lock thread

Bama is the only program that can get away with offering a kid at halftime during their last game senior year and kids get all ******* excited. We have to offer the moment they pop out of the womb or we “slow played” them.
This made me spit out my water, then come NSD, them goofball divas will say it’s the “relationship & atmosphere” that made them choose Bama :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Advertisement
Back