What do you think about what Keontra Smith is saying here?

Alot of these kids are being led by people who haven't went thru the recruiting process at all even their high school coaches. Those guys also crave the attention just as much as the kids. All I hear when I speak to the kids or people in the hs gane now is..the kid has this amount of offers, etc. Like it truly matters if your interest is only 2-3schools imo, these kids don't even know difference in the verbal offer, etc. Also um is seen as the offer that is just an automatic ,placeholder for example macho started this thread. And that's the thought process down here..oh he has a bama, auburn , Michigan offer keep in mind bama offers everyone and it's basically an offer to get u to camp there..and Michigan, auburn etc aren't better programs than us historically in my life

And he got the Bama offer the same week that Miami offered him so is the Bama offer also late? Doubt he would say that but Miami is held to a different standard.

Advertisement
They really don't care they only want to be able to post on social media that they "are blessed to receive and offer from ". It's just a ****ing match with the other kids.
They can make up whatever bullshyt they want regarding offers because the schools can’t speak on offers or on specific recruits. Happens constantly. Kids claiming to be blessed with offers from Baga, UM, Ohio Taint then they commit to Colorado State.

But who’s really gassing these kids up that they should have a UM offer.

Their parents, coaches, friends, teachers, handlers, local postal workers, Union Teamsters.

So they grow up expecting it. Remember, Keontra had an offer when Golden was here his 8/9th grade year.

If Battle wanted to come here then he would have committed. He’s a dummy who fell for Urb’s horseshyt.

People are buying too much stupid **** from these dopey kids and their handlers. Battle has no reason to have any negative feelings about how UM recruited him. We pushed hard and we pushed hard a full year before signing day and well before his Senior season.

These dudes like to point blame because it makes it seem like UM did something wrong instead of them just being groupie turds who want to play for a lying sack of **** who harbors a pregnant wife beater and a monkey who looked the other way while kids were being ham-slammed in the shower.

How about holding Urb accountable for that scandalous scumbag bullshyt instead of crying about Rick not offering quickly enough?

Why is it ok to be a lying a piece of **** who condones beating pregnant women just because he offered earlier than a man of moral fiber beyond reproach? Fck outta my mother fcking face with this groupie fcking pvssy ****!!!
E.N.D O.F T.H.E S.T.O.R.Y

If Battle wanted to come here then he would have committed. He’s a dummy who fell for Urb’s horseshyt.

People are buying too much stupid **** from these dopey kids and their handlers. Battle has no reason to have any negative feelings about how UM recruited him. We pushed hard and we pushed hard a full year before signing day and well before his Senior season.

These dudes like to point blame because it makes it seem like UM did something wrong instead of them just being groupie turds who want to play for a lying sack of **** who harbors a pregnant wife beater and a monkey who looked the other way while kids were being ham-slammed in the shower.

How about holding Urb accountable for that scandalous scumbag bullshyt instead of crying about Rick not offering quickly enough?

Why is it ok to be a lying a piece of **** who condones beating pregnant women just because he offered earlier than a man of moral fiber beyond reproach? Fck outta my mother fcking face with this groupie fcking pvssy ****!!!

Can't refute anything this man has said....
JC

Advertisement
They can make up whatever bullshyt they want regarding offers because the schools can’t speak on offers or on specific recruits. Happens constantly. Kids claiming to be blessed with offers from Baga, UM, Ohio Taint then they commit to Colorado State.

Reminds me of Kevin Hart back 2008. That guy took it to another level.

I was replying to the people who think that a Miami offer is this great, shiny, magical gift from the gods...and kids should immediately ignore any school that's been recruiting them months prior once that UM offer comes. To some kids, that's exactly what a Miami offer is. (that's how it was for Feliciano) But to a vast majority of kids, a Miami offer isn't special enough to make-up ground versus a big-time school that's already been treating the kid like a priority for months.
That perception will change as we begin to win more, but right now we're not good enough to slow-play elite kids and act like they'd be lucky to receive our offer.

I have the same view of a Miami offer that I do when I was at UM going through fraternity rush year after year.

I don't expect anyone to "ignore" all of the other offers. Look around. Evaluate. Compare critically.

And I don't expect a Miami offer to "make-up ground". But to SoFla kids, the value should be apparent, they now have the opportunity to play close to home, where their family and friends do not have to incur significant expenses 6 or 7 times a year simply to see them play and support them in their lives. Again, I can see the value in an "Alabama-Georgia-Clemson" offer, but to act as if a SoFla kid has to put "Michigan" on top simply because Michigan came in first and hardest with a no-risk/high-reward offer is just a joke.

I disagree with your assessment that "a vast majority of kids" do not view the Miami offer with a great deal of value. I can understand 5-star kids waiting until all the offers are on the table. But I believe that most recruits value a Miami offer very highly, though I NEVER want them to "ignore" all other options or for our offer to "make-up ground".

As I pointed out, it is very difficult for Miami to navigate the fact that we have a LOT of talented players in Florida. ****, at least we are not recruiting California with the effort that Mullet and UF are exerting. We are in a "damned if we do, damned if we don't" situation. I could agree with you on sending out a few more offers earlier, but the situation is tough. Let's not pretend that an earlier offer would have landed all the SoFla DBs who have spurned us for SEC schools.

Dude, you gotta learn to not hold stuff back and say what you really feel because it'll kill you!
My question is why this kid is still committed to Urb? And if his mom is so close to him, how she'd and his family circle would not talk some sense into him is mind boggling to me. I would not allow my kid to play for a coach like that and this stems back to Urb's days at GayVille. Murderers, thieves, wife beaters, etc. Who knows what else he's covered up, cause he can't be that unlucky to get caught the 7 or 8 times that he turned a blind eye?
I just got off a cruise ship, so I've been off the grid for a week; but it's also crazy to believe that he is still the head coach of that university. Both him and the lovely Mrs. Urb should be canned immediately if not early two weeks ago. Can you imagine if that was our university and/or our Head Coach? "They deserve the Death Penalty, Shut It Down" in a Paul Finebaum voice.
The NCAA is the most hypocritical institution in the US, bar none. All because of money.

Advertisement
Unlike other schools, we are the local team. If we offer everyone and can't take them all, we end up with bad relationships. Other schools don't have that problem. Have to be selective, like we are, and try to get the best of the best. I have no issues with it.

Unlike other schools, we are the local team. If we offer everyone and can't take them all, we end up with bad relationships. Other schools don't have that problem. Have to be selective, like we are, and try to get the best of the best. I have no issues with it.

Yup. Other schools come in tossing around offers to any kid worth a **** to get their foot in the door. When we do actual due diligence and evaluations we are crucified by pieces of **** like Uncle Luke. It should be an honor for a local kid to receive an offer from us at any point in the process because they've earned it in the staffs eyes.

Advertisement
Back