What do this season and last have in common? 🤔

I just love how a coach takes a 7-5 team and goes 5-7 the next year, then two years later he‘s 6-4 on the verge of 6-6 or 7-5 and some fans call it progress. Hey, whatever it takes to manufacture hope…
Isn’t hope woven into the fabric of being a fan? I know I’m putting cheese on a **** sandwich or lipstick on a pig. I prefer hope over mope 🤷🏼‍♂️

Advertisement
How could you not be impressed the OT win vs UVA or the narrow losses to GT, UNC, NC State and FSU. Not to mention the OT win over perennial powerhouse Clemson. I know some ppl talked how overrated FSU and UNC were but we stuck with them and kept it close. There has to be some positive energy from losing close. This is only Mario’s 2nd HC gig cuz we know FIU doesn’t count.

Let the season finish first. Regardless of the outcome of the next two games, it’s Mario at the helm so he’ll show you progress. You will see the upward trajectory soon enough
IMO soon enough was this year, Mario is past due. If we lose to BC we will be 6-6, so if one more win in season 2 is enough improvement for you, then we'll just agree to disagree. Honestly 7-5 was my baseline last season and right now that's all we can hope for in year 2. SMH

Of course we are improved but last year set the bar so low it was kinda hard not to be better this year. What we needed was a major step forward and it looks like a baby step at best. On the plus side the trenches & Guidry have been very good. But the awful qb play and puzzling game management has continued to hold us back. The team is definitely more united this year so culture and talent is rising, but we need to hit on a qb of the future and Mario needs to figure out how to better manage a game.
2yrs in,there have been improvements and they’re tangible. Some of the deficiencies have been glaring and not related do much to on field play as coaching. Which is troubling. We need to give Mario the same leeway that most D1 coaches get 3-4 years. He had to tear down the team and rebuild.yeah, our record should be better, coaches should have made better decisions. Shoulda f**king coulda. That’s what happens with rebuilds.Some are revisiting Manny’s w/l records. We would be 7/8 wins for the next 10 yrs with that ****. Year 3 is big imo. Continued growth O/D lines, adding to roster with quality kids, QB PLAY. 3 is the big leap for me, quality play, wins and coaching. Need to move past baby steps. Start walking the talk. No Grace given after that. 🙌🏽#CANESNATIONLIFER

Advertisement
Back