What do this season and last have in common? 🤔

We were 6-2 following two of the narrowest home wins imagineable. We're now 6-4.

Would someone like to explain how that translates to the team improving as the season goes on, as the OP clearly indicated?

Is it because we played FSU tough (as did BC, Duke, Clemson)?

Advertisement
if you don't see team improvement from last year team to this years team in our Linebacker play, DL play, OL play, WR play, CB play, then i dont know what to tell you, other than you're probably not qualified to scrutinize football

The only improvement I see is Guidry has been much better here than Steele. The offense is still an abortion like every other Mario team.

In both seasons, there’s no signs of team improvement as the season progresses. Both seasons have just fizzled out. Now compare that to FSU, where they eked out a win against a mediocre BC team early in the season but then looked better as the season went on and are still undefeated.

Really worrying year-to-year trend, especially considering the talent on the roster. Fact is we had to go into OT to beat a UVA team that is now 2-8, and had the coin flip gone the other way we would still be looking to be bowl eligible.

What?

No signs of improvement?

If you’re going to troll, you have to be more subtle.

Too much, too fast bro.

Advertisement
We were 6-2 following two of the narrowest home wins imagineable. We're now 6-4.

Would someone like to explain how that translates to the team improving as the season goes on, as the OP clearly indicated?

Is it because we played FSU tough (as did BC, Duke, Clemson)?

We lost 4 of our last 6 games last year by an average of 30 points. We gave up an average of 43 points in those games. Since the halfway point, we've given up 24 ppg in our losses and lost by an average of 10 pts.

The defense has played at a very high level the last 4 games, the offense has not. Last year they both played like trash. So, the math works out in my head that we're better.

Advertisement
I really do think the stadium food is better this year. The arepas, specifically, are on the decline, though.

What do they have in common?
Both have a ton of useless and redundant threads started by angst-ridden attention seekers.

I mean for gods sake we can actually tackle on Defense. We haven't done that for years.
Did you know that Blake Baker taught Guidry everything he knows about defenses.
1m1a.jpg

Last edited:
In both seasons, there’s no signs of team improvement as the season progresses. Both seasons have just fizzled out. Now compare that to FSU, where they eked out a win against a mediocre BC team early in the season but then looked better as the season went on and are still undefeated.

Really worrying year-to-year trend, especially considering the talent on the roster. Fact is we had to go into OT to beat a UVA team that is now 2-8, and had the coin flip gone the other way we would still be looking to be bowl eligible.

Florida State is in year four under Norvell. Miami is in year two under Mario.

The Noles went 3-6 year one under Norvell and 5-7 year two; lost three of final four and fell to Miami 52-10 in September.

Opened 0-4 in year two (2022)—including a home loss to Jacksonville State—lost three of final five, including on road to Florida (who finished 6-7) after getting momentum with win over Miami (5-4) and Boston College (6-6).

Let's talk about Miami after year four, not yet two—or let's talk about Florida State year two for comparison, not year four for Norvell....

Advertisement
We lost 4 of our last 6 games last year by an average of 30 points. We gave up an average of 43 points in those games. Since the halfway point, we've given up 24 ppg in our losses and lost by an average of 10 pts.

The defense has played at a very high level the last 4 games, the offense has not. Last year they both played like trash. So, the math works out in my head that we're better.
Our D held FSU to 57 yds. That smells like Victory. Baby Steps, Baby God**** Steps. Just bc y’all shoot y’all’s wad in 25 seconds, doesn’t mean we all have too. Patience, 90 sec is better. Any positive is improvement. Guidry has improved this D.. gotta start somewhere..

Just another example how monumentally awful the GT loss was. We’d be sitting at 7-3 right now and the mood surrounding the program would be much much different.

8-2 if Cristobal had pulled TVD at halftime against UVA. If we're not scoring points anyways and it's clear the defense has to win the game, why not put in Williams at QB? He is far less likely to throw a pick and put the D in a bad spot.

South Florida culture. I didn’t see this in Oregon but I sure as **** saw it on our team for the past two decades.

Advertisement
Of course we are improved but last year set the bar so low it was kinda hard not to be better this year. What we needed was a major step forward and it looks like a baby step at best. On the plus side the trenches & Guidry have been very good. But the awful qb play and puzzling game management has continued to hold us back. The team is definitely more united this year so culture and talent is rising, but we need to hit on a qb of the future and Mario needs to figure out how to better manage a game.

The attitude on the board from the mopes and the slurpers has been pretty similar across seasons, so there's that

If this program was on the verge of making the playoff, I would be significantly more focused on wins and losses to guage the success and improvement. We are not. That said, it's clear how much progess we've made on defense and the OL. Keep the faith brethren.
I just love how a coach takes a 7-5 team and goes 5-7 the next year, then two years later he‘s 6-4 on the verge of 6-6 or 7-5 and some fans call it progress. Hey, whatever it takes to manufacture hope…

Upward Trajectory? LOL This is very comical to say the least. Let's see what happens today and then tell me we are headed in the right direction. Our QB room is a total mess, we have multiple misses on top tier recruits, and our head coach makes mistakes galore every game on the sidelines. Lets add the offense is the laughing stock of the county. Yes, I certainly seem a ton of progress!

Advertisement
Back