What do this season and last have in common? 🤔

Advertisement
I'm as critical of Mario and his brofense as anyone but it would be a straight up lie to say that this team isn't way better than last year.

The defense has been one of the best in the country in a lot of categories and before our quarterback broke, the offense was on a record pace. I have no idea what the **** happened with TVD and our OC/QB coach hasn't done much to help the issue but honestly, if the QB play is even average, we're a 9-1 team right now. 8-2 at worst.

The team is better. Am I happy to be 6-4? **** no. They should be way better.

I think the defense has been very consistent, despite the loss of guys like Mesidor. This team is a lot better than last year's team.

Advertisement
I think the question is a little vague and allows for too much interpretation.

The one thing I say this year and last year have in common is that Mario struggles with game day managing. Until that is fixed, comparing year over year improvement is going to be a challenge.

I think the question is a little vague and allows for too much interpretation.

The one thing I say this year and last year have in common is that Mario struggles with game day managing. Until that is fixed, comparing year over year improvement is going to be a challenge.
That's been a knock on him since FIU. He also can't seem to hire a good OC historically.

Luckily for us he's got several years to figure those things out.

Advertisement
In both seasons, there’s no signs of team improvement as the season progresses. Both seasons have just fizzled out. Now compare that to FSU, where they eked out a win against a mediocre BC team early in the season but then looked better as the season went on and are still undefeated.

Really worrying year-to-year trend, especially considering the talent on the roster. Fact is we had to go into OT to beat a UVA team that is now 2-8, and had the coin flip gone the other way we would still be looking to be bowl eligible.
I’ll let you know.
3 games to go.

FSU’s best game of the year was their first.
Clemson, Duke and Miami were tight.

Regarding UVA, 4 of their ACC losses were by a score or less, including Louisville.
They beat UNC.

To answer your question….to this point…
QB problems.

In both seasons, there’s no signs of team improvement as the season progresses. Both seasons have just fizzled out. Now compare that to FSU, where they eked out a win against a mediocre BC team early in the season but then looked better as the season went on and are still undefeated.

Really worrying year-to-year trend, especially considering the talent on the roster. Fact is we had to go into OT to beat a UVA team that is now 2-8, and had the coin flip gone the other way we would still be looking to be bowl eligible.
That's an absolutely brilliant assessment. Here I was thinking the only thing they had in common is the same ***** *** hormonal fans

The reason we have poor QB play is because our QBs are, in fact, poor. More often than not, you really do get what you pay for!

Advertisement
There’s been major improvement at OL, RB, and across the defense. The WR’s are coached up much better, and we’ve been in every game this season. Bad QB play and coaching decisions have gotten us to where we are.

There’s been big improvement, unfortunately lack of similar improvement in key areas has held us back.
Mario is known for bad QB play and bad coaching decisions

Advertisement

Dallas Cowboys Eye Roll GIF by ScooterMagruder

Poor QB play is the consistency over the last 2 years. Most all other areas are much improved this year. The Defense is night and day better then last year. Statistically, eye test, and keeping us in every game save UNC. IF you are going to make a post like this how about being open minded and not agenda driven. The facts speak for themselves. Opinions rarely do.
need a mobile game changing QB in todays game. still disappointed in passing game as well as running game. have seen enough dive plays to last a lifetime

There’s been major improvement at OL, RB, and across the defense. The WR’s are coached up much better, and we’ve been in every game this season. Bad QB play and coaching decisions have gotten us to where we are.

There’s been big improvement, unfortunately lack of similar improvement in key areas has held us back.
bad QB play is a fact, not sure the power spread will get us where we want to go......... Mario needs a sideline analyst to help him with clock and strategy ......

Advertisement
Back