What do this season and last have in common? šŸ¤”

Swaggie

Infidel
In both seasons, thereā€™s no signs of team improvement as the season progresses. Both seasons have just fizzled out. Now compare that to FSU, where they eked out a win against a mediocre BC team early in the season but then looked better as the season went on and are still undefeated.

Really worrying year-to-year trend, especially considering the talent on the roster. Fact is we had to go into OT to beat a UVA team that is now 2-8, and had the coin flip gone the other way we would still be looking to be bowl eligible.

Advertisement
The common denominator.
angst-banging.gif

The common denominator is lack of FYZICALITY and sissy kneeling.

I swear Feld the Moustache is handing out estrogen tablets during workout sessions.

One thing that is encouraging is the regression in forward passes. That continued downward trend the past two years has been a bright spot.

Last edited:
How could you not be impressed the OT win vs UVA or the narrow losses to GT, UNC, NC State and FSU. Not to mention the OT win over perennial powerhouse Clemson. I know some ppl talked how overrated FSU and UNC were but we stuck with them and kept it close. There has to be some positive energy from losing close. This is only Marioā€™s 2nd HC gig cuz we know FIU doesnā€™t count.

Let the season finish first. Regardless of the outcome of the next two games, itā€™s Mario at the helm so heā€™ll show you progress. You will see the upward trajectory soon enough

Advertisement
Can't believe some people don't see any improvement. Railroaded by noone this year yet last year railroaded by MTSU.
Brehhhhhhh, that is the tactical drop the bar sooooooo low that anything looks like improvement circa al golden, no one is fallin for that Al Golden ****.. IT. DOESNT. WORK.

Maybe I missed the sarcasm in your post, I am not familiar with your name or work.. apology in advance if it is, if not :jordan:

Advertisement
In both seasons, thereā€™s no signs of team improvement as the season progresses. Both seasons have just fizzled out. Now compare that to FSU, where they eked out a win against a mediocre BC team early in the season but then looked better as the season went on and are still undefeated.

Really worrying year-to-year trend, especially considering the talent on the roster. Fact is we had to go into OT to beat a UVA team that is now 2-8, and had the coin flip gone the other way we would still be looking to be bowl eligible.
The most important thing is QB play. Just having a game manager at QB changes everything. FSU would have Ls to show for it as well if we switched Qbs. As of now Emory looks like he might be a game manager atleast next year so maybe the common theme will change. I definitely see changes this year though we got molly whopped more times then I ever remember in the last 20 years last year. We haven't gotten beat that bad yet this year.

I'm going to disagree on a number of fronts here. We've lost our 4 games by an average of 8 points and can make a strong argument that we'd be 8-2 and solidly in the top 20 if even semi-competent QB play. We have one of the top offense and defensive fronts in CFB and a Top 20 defense. Not trying to sugarcoat anything, but it's clear to even the most casual observer where our issues lie.

Now compare that to last year when we lost to MTSU and got molleywopped at home by the likes of Duke and Pitt. Oh and our average margin of defeat was 21 points. We were blown out in all but 2 of our losses and looked listless in every conceivable way.

Oh, and FSU does not look improved at all compared to the beginning of the year. They struggled to beat us, an atrocious Pitt team as well as BC, and got to beat up on Syracuse and VT at home. Their schedule has been a cakewalk.

Brehhhhhhh, that is the tactical drop the bar sooooooo low that anything looks like improvement circa al golden, no one is fallin for that Al Golden ****.. IT. DOESNT. WORK.

Maybe I missed the sarcasm in your post, I am not familiar with your name or work.. apology in advance if it is, if not :jordan:
Valid point, maybe I did pick the worst of the worst, but hey, how about we compare FSU 2022 vs 2023 games? Blown out to within a touchdown with a back up qb who was averaging less than 3 yards on most throws besides the couple of big gain tosses to Jacoby.

Advertisement
Poor QB play is the consistency over the last 2 years. Most all other areas are much improved this year. The Defense is night and day better then last year. Statistically, eye test, and keeping us in every game save UNC. IF you are going to make a post like this how about being open minded and not agenda driven. The facts speak for themselves. Opinions rarely do.

Advertisement
The common denominator is lack of FYZICALITY and sissy kneeling.

I swear Feld the Moustache is handing out estrogen tablets during workout sessions.

One thing that is encouraging is the regression in forward passes. That is continued downward trend and bright spot.
Nah this has nothing to do with S&C. The team looks stout and tackles well and doesnā€™t get run over.

But weā€™re not well coached and donā€™t do anything to get an advantage that isnā€™t just being bigger and faster. No schematic advantage

Even with a true frosh starting, we beat Clemson (in a down year sure) and were driving to tie/win against #4 FSU.

Itā€™s a small sample size, but it suggests to me that TVD is the common denominator in the ongoing ā€œwtf is with our offense, if theyā€˜d just play average football we wouldā€™ve beat [insert team]ā€ series the past two seasons.

Advertisement
Back