What did Willis do wrong

Advertisement
The NFL took a flyer on his past. Also, not being able to participate in the Senior Bowl or NFL Combine hurt as well.

He's an undrafted free agent now. Obviously, he'll play and will probably start for the right team. Willis jus needs to keep his head on straight and everything will be fine.

THIS!!

I wasn't aware of this.....but it makes more sense than everything else I've been hearing

Last edited:
After last season I didn't think that he would still be waiting to be drafted. Before last season I didn't think he'd go before round 5 or 6 no matter how he performed because of his past issues.

Now we are in the 7th round and he's still on the board. It's shocking but at the same time it's not based on how the NFL tends to work. I hope Willis shines when he gets his opportunity.

Advertisement
Nobody is going to pay that shît with kosi any mind. That was minor teenager shît. Baker mayfield was out here getting arrested and was still the 1st pick.

But Kosi is not Baker Mayfield. If he would have come in here and worked his butt off from day 1 in the film room and been a leader for this team, he would have been QB1 without question and, with his physical tools, he would be looking at getting drafted.

Because of his first two years here, people are going to question his maturity and work ethic. ****, even a lot of our own fans do. A lot of those fans are openly rooting for Jarren or Tate to win the competition because they don’t trust Kosi.

If that’s our own fans, what do you think neutral observers scouting for NFL teams are going to think?

That was my point there. I agree though, what Kosi did wasn’t that serious. Unfortunately, it is hurting him now, and will keep on hurting him.

Beckner number 2 guy overall out of East St Louis. Him and Jeff Thomas along with other D1 guys on the same team

But Kosi is not Baker Mayfield. If he would have come in here and worked his butt off from day 1 in the film room and been a leader for this team, he would have been QB1 without question and, with his physical tools, he would be looking at getting drafted.

Because of his first two years here, people are going to question his maturity and work ethic. ****, even a lot of our own fans do. A lot of those fans are openly rooting for Jarren or Tate to win the competition because they don’t trust Kosi.

If that’s our own fans, what do you think neutral observers scouting for NFL teams are going to think?

That was my point there. I agree though, what Kosi did wasn’t that serious. Unfortunately, it is hurting him now, and will keep on hurting him.
Kosi has enough time to over come all that. These next 2 or 3 years if he keeps doing what he is doing now and if he balls that shît that happened as a freshmen won't be held against him.

Willis issues is still pretty recent. He missed the whole 2017 season for reasons the public doesn't know.

Advertisement
Sad to see man, smh
As long as he do his thing once he gets his opportunity things will be fine. Just a little more adversity he has to endure. It's important he gets with the right team. I'd love for Coach Simpson with Atlanta to get him.

Seen far too many real life redemption stories to believe in that BS.

May be true of some people.... but far from being true of all

If it were true the suicide rate would be through the roof

I'm so sorry things haven't worked out for you ....IF you're speaking from experience

Suicide rates ARE through the roof for ex cons and former drug addicts. 8 times the national average.

I’m not saying it never works out, but usually true redemption only happens in the movies.

Kosi has enough time to over come all that. These next 2 or 3 years if he keeps doing what he is doing now and if he balls that shît that happened as a freshmen won't be held against him.

Willis issues is still pretty recent. He missed the whole 2017 season for reasons the public doesn't know.

Well, I’m hoping you’re right. For the Cane’s sake, and, more so, for Kosi’s.

Advertisement
If you’re there every Saturday that’s all they care about , oh and if you can play. Willis can play but has a long history of being inconsistent or not there at all.

That has to be the issue.

Not when you’re an All-American. If he didn’t kill someone then somebody is costing him money.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back