What did Willis do wrong

Advertisement
Willis turned out far better than almost anyone would've predicted but ... he was never the second coming of Warren Sapp, Russell Maryland, etc. He was by far our best DL, but that doesn't make him more than a 4th Round talent at this point. We really didn't have have any truly dominant DL -- a number of good to very good players who don't really excite scouts.
Willis was a 5 star coming out of hs

It’s crazy, but you have to know that with the issues he had a UF, then had to take a year off I’m not shocked that teams are looking and likely thinking that he only got his act together because it was his last shot. I don’t agree, but I understand.
I’m pulling for the guy for sure.

Advertisement
Willis is 23, a one year wonder, with a checkered past, and he is undersized for many teams; that is why he is still on the board.

He will get into a camp and blow people away and become a rotational player immediately.

I fixed the first part for you.
I hope the second it true. The fact that I hope it is likely explains what many teams are actually thinking.

People around here think you can **** around for three years, put in one good year, and all will be forgiven.

Redemption stories make everyone feel warm and fuzzy, and they make for good headlines, but no smart person is going to gamble their cold, hard cash on a redemption story.

It will be the same for N’Kosi Perry.

Once you have a reputation for not being dependable, that sticks with you. People might forgive and forget with their words....but never with their wallets.

It’s why nobody hires ex-cons and former drug addicts. Everyone will congratulate you and praise you for turning your life around, but nobody is going to risk money on you as long as you live.

Once you’ve ****ed up, you’re branded for life. That’s simply how the world works.

Advertisement
People around here think you can **** around for three years, put in one good year, and all will be forgiven.

Redemption stories make everyone feel warm and fuzzy, and they make for good headlines, but no smart person is going to gamble their cold, hard cash on a redemption story.

Once you have a reputation for not being dependable, that sticks with you. People might forgive and forget with their words....but never with their wallets.

It’s why nobody hires ex-cons and former drug addicts. Everyone will congratulate you and praise you for turning your life around, but nobody is going to risk money on you as long as you live.

Once you’ve ****ed up, you’re branded for life. That’s simply how the world works.

This is a very real statement. Can attest to it myself.

Nobody is going to pay that shît with kosi any mind. That was minor teenager shît. Baker mayfield was out here getting arrested and was still the 1st pick.

Did he rub some people the wrong way at the combine or have a bad interview?

Doesn’t seem like he’s going to get drafted at all
The NFL took a flyer on his past. Also, not being able to participate in the Senior Bowl or NFL Combine hurt as well.

He's an undrafted free agent now. Obviously, he'll play and will probably start for the right team. Willis just needs to keep his head on straight and everything will be fine.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Beckner was a bust and went before willis

I don’t know who Beckner is, but yeah, there goes another DT ahead of Willis.

Looks like the Fins might be able to get him as an UDFA. Seems to be headed that way.

Advertisement
I don’t know who Beckner is, but yeah, there goes another DT ahead of Willis.

Looks like the Fins might be able to get him as an UDFA. Seems to be headed that way.
Terry beckner. Was a 5 star dt that went to mizzou

Seen far too many real life redemption stories to believe in that BS.

May be true of some people.... but far from being true of all

If it were true the suicide rate would be through the roof

I'm so sorry things haven't worked out for you ....IF you're speaking from experience

Willis was a 5 star coming out of hs
So was Marcus Forston. In fact, not only a 5 star but ... Marcus was pretty much acclaimed as the single best DL recruit in the entire country. In the end, it meant nothing! Daniel Jones was a walk-on (no stars) QB at Duke; he went #6 in the entire draft.

Advertisement
Back