What did Willis do wrong

Whatever made Willis miss the entire season with zero explanation was probably horrible.

That's the only thing I think that would made any sense. He was at worst an early 3rd round talent

Rotoworld seems to think it was a drug suspension. No idea how they know.

Advertisement
For a final time, couldn't possibly disagree more.

If he doesn't kill someone or fail a drug test, we'll look back at this pick and say what the flying F were NFL scouts thinking. Print this post out, put a happy face sticker on it and post it to your **** fridge.
I wouldn’t do that because I don’t want him to fail my guy

Not to get too OT as this thread is about how Gerald Willis' representation failed him but I'm going to venture to say here that Crystal Espinal probably ain't exactly a candidate for Mother of the Year even if it's seemingly apparent that Tyreek Hill is a complete waste of life.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Keep in mind he also played at Florida. He might have burned a village, raped the horses, pruned the hedges, then rode off on the women. All of it was covered up by Gainesville PD, but NFL teams found out about it all in the background investigation.
Nah. A guy who did those things would never get admitted to the U!

Advertisement
Willis's past indiscretions were minor in nature and in no way should have made him undraftable. NFL front offices would draft ISIS members if they believed they had the talent to make their teams better and would not motivate attacks by the mainstream (liberal) media and social media lunatics.

Also, almost every NFL coach believes they can rehabilitate a wayward player. As a for instance, Josh Gordon. Does anyone believe even for one second that Willis's resume is weighted down with anything near that of Josh Gordon's resume?

So, the reality is that the NFL does not believe that Willis has the talent required to compete in the league. And to that I say...bullshyt!! We as Canes fans saw this kid develop into a force, and that development will continue.

If the Miami Dolphins had even a semblance of an intellectual core they would have jumped at the chance to add Willis to their depleted and horribly managed roster. If I were Willis I would find comfort in the Dolphins passing on me as they wouldn't know talent if it bit them in their constantly losing ****s.

Go Canes!

This is a very real statement. Can attest to it myself.
Redemption is a feel good story, for those not seeking redemption. Redemption is personal. It’s about reversing the wrongs that have defined your life to that point of self awareness. People accept change bc it’s good for THEM. In a perfect world, those redeemed are welcomed in conditionality. The real world has conditions, money, privilege, race, religion, etc. There is no entitlement to redemption. Own it, and move forward. Live it by example.

Advertisement
Ray Rice may have played 1 more year if there wasn't video.. He was cooked.. He had nothing left... Dude averaged 3.1 yards per carry his last season
Which is why Kareem hunt is getting another chance and he didn’t, hunt has a lot more tread left on the tires.

Advertisement
Whatever Willis did for that year away must have been unforgivable in being bad...

Or in every interview he told them he was still slanging on the side till he got drafted..

Unreal that NOBODY took a chance on him when you have a dude who was stomping on a female on video goes in the 1st round... UNREAL

Unreal slide. Was he a serial killer? Better to go undrafted than go in the late rounds anyways. He's going to the league's best defense now. Prove them all wrong.

Willis's past indiscretions were minor in nature and in no way should have made him undraftable. NFL front offices would draft ISIS members if they believed they had the talent to make their teams better and would not motivate attacks by the mainstream (liberal) media and social media lunatics.

Also, almost every NFL coach believes they can rehabilitate a wayward player. As a for instance, Josh Gordon. Does anyone believe even for one second that Willis's resume is weighted down with anything near that of Josh Gordon's resume?

So, the reality is that the NFL does not believe that Willis has the talent required to compete in the league. And to that I say...bullshyt!! We as Canes fans saw this kid develop into a force, and that development will continue.

If the Miami Dolphins had even a semblance of an intellectual core they would have jumped at the chance to add Willis to their depleted and horribly managed roster. If I were Willis I would find comfort in the Dolphins passing on me as they wouldn't know talent if it bit them in their constantly losing ****s.

Go Canes!
As a Canes alum and Dolphs fan, I anguished for three days for this kid. Agree, the Dolphs could have done worse than add this kid. And probably did. But, Baltimore is taking a chance on him. Call Ray to have a heart to heart, Cane to Cane. 🙌🏿

He can easily be a 3-4 D End though

The Ravens just got an absolute steal. F the Dolphins for not having the intelligence to prioritize him the second the draft ended.
Its sickening how anti Canes the dolphins are. Passed on Joe at a bigger need to take on a Wisconsin LB with a 7th rd grade in the 5th.

Advertisement
Back