What ConstitutesAcceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

What Constitutes Acceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is probably true. Four losses to me this year is unacceptable but that’s me. I’m going to look into the bottom line when I can do it.

Because there were limited choices I voted 12-2, but anything more than three losses is totally unacceptable, and I will not be happy with three loss team either, but it’s hard to make a firing case for something in the neighborhood of an 11-3 type record..

Advertisement
Voted. This is a veteran team led by an QB who should be in the lower echelon of Heisman talk the entire year. Anything but losses to Bama and Clemson is unacceptable and not progress.
This is the only answer.

We return the most starters in the country while adding a good amount of talent from the portal and the 21 class. There’s no excuse for manny.

12-2 with only losses to Bama and Clemson -- the only teams with a better roster, staff and program than us on our schedule. Absolutely in no way, shape or form will I accept another loss to those tar foot fvcks from NC. They absolutely do not have more talent, and our staff changes bring us to par with them on the sidelines.

And to take it a step further, if Manny can get out of his own way and achieve 12-2 plus sign another Top 10ish class to stack talent then he's positioned himself extremely well for 2022. 2021 is a statement season for Manny no matter what.

No it’s not. There are some reasonable choices to see what the bar is for everyone and a vote can be clarified and caveated in here.

There are people who are very vocal on each side of the Manny divide so let’s see what the bottom line baselines are for everyone, especially the talkers. Then at season’s end we’ll see what happens and what people have to say. Aside for fan reasons, I really hope we go 12-2 like Groups 2 and 3 want so that we can see who continues to complain and move the bar.

If someone who talks a lot of **** on here about Manny doesn’t vote and show where in 2001 performance they’ll be fine with the dude as coach for another year, then they’re all talk bull**** looking to rip him regardless and just move the bar.

That’s bull****. And the over-zealously positive posters who defend Manny non-stop and got caught voting in Group 1 need to be demanding his firing when he doesn’t make the playoffs.
you can’t set the bar in April when we have no idea how good some of our opponents will be. Most teams will probably be who we thought they were, but a team like MSU winning 4 games vs 8-9 games changes how good or bad of a win/loss it is. Plus we have No idea who our bowl opponent will be. If we make a ny6 bowl, we could draw a G5 school. Injuries, opt outs matter too. Too many variables to say, “don’t complain if your spring expectations are met”

Last edited:
Advertisement
you can’t set the bar in April when we have no idea how good some of our opponents will be. Most teams will probably be who we thought they were, but a team like MSU winning 4 games vs 8-9 games changes how good or bad of a win/loss it is. Plus we have No idea who our bowl opponent will be. If we make a ny6 bowl, we could draw a G5 school. Injuries, opt outs matter too. Too many variables to say, “don’t complain if your spring expectations are met”
Forget about the bowl game. We should have an 11-1 regular season and no worse than 10-2 and at 10-2 with a close loss to UNC most of the board says he needs to go. Beyond that we’re spinning our wheels. We play in the CoRstal. We have a ton of returning players too. We play an 11-1 schedule for who we have on our roster and who we play. No one knows what will be in the fall. Doesn’t matter at this point. We need to perform at a certain level this year.

Forget about the bowl game. We should have an 11-1 regular season and no worse than 10-2 and at 10-2 with a close loss to UNC most of the board says he needs to go. Beyond that we’re spinning our wheels. We play in the CoRstal. We have a ton of returning players too. We play an 11-1 schedule for who we have on our roster and who we play. No one knows what will be in the fall. Doesn’t matter at this point. We need to perform at a certain level this year.

I don’t buy that most of the board says he has to go with the 10-2 record.

You make it seem like other programs are playing some kind of murders row schedule. Check out who schools like Ohio State, Clemson, Oregon, USC and Oklahoma play next season just to name a few.

There is no difference. At this point the whole Corstal thing has become yet another CIS urban legend. The vast majority of the P5 play a strength of schedule similar to ours.

I don’t buy that most of the board says he has to go with the 10-2 record.
Most of the board said that a loss to UNC is not “Acceptable Progress”. Look at the poll. You voted in Group 3 too. So if it’s not acceptable progress then he has to go.

48485251-1BCC-4FD8-B3FC-03E0CFEE37C8.jpeg

You make it seem like other programs are playing some kind of murders row schedule. Check out who schools like Ohio State, Clemson, Oregon, USC and Oklahoma play next season just to name a few.

There is no difference. At this point the whole Corstal thing has become yet another CIS urban legend. The vast majority of the P5 play a strength of schedule similar to ours.
You voted with Group 1 which means only getting to the CFB Playoffs is Acceptable Progress. If it’s not Acceptable Progress then he has to go.

And I expect you to be leading the way in those calls for Manny to go for not making acceptable progress when we don’t reach the CFB Playoffs.

Advertisement
Honestly, the main thing for me in terms of acceptable progress is it looking like a Miami team again. 15-0, 12-2 - that's all irrelevant to me.

I can't say I've been proud of the team for a long time. Until we get back to playing fast, hard and physical football I don't give a **** if we squeak out a win against UNC.

Honestly, the main thing for me in terms of acceptable progress is it looking like a Miami team again. 15-0, 12-2 - that's all irrelevant to me.

I can't say I've been proud of the team for a long time. Until we get back to playing fast, hard and physical football I don't give a **** if we squeak out a win against UNC.

Excellent perspective sir.

Most of the board said that a loss to UNC is not “Acceptable Progress”. Look at the poll. You voted in Group 3 too. So if it’s not acceptable progress then he has to go.

View attachment 145593

You voted with Group 1 which means only getting to the CFB Playoffs is Acceptable Progress. If it’s not Acceptable Progress then he has to go.

And I expect you to be leading the way in those calls for Manny to go for not making acceptable progress when we don’t reach the CFB Playoffs.

As usual I’ll fall short of your expectations.

Advertisement

I think the issue is many posters are content to keep a coach who fails to display ‘acceptable progress.’ They’re not being ‘inconistent,’ because you didn’t also ask people whether we should fire a coach who failed to show ‘acceptable progress’ in year 3. They’ll sputter something about ‘on tje hot seat’ or ‘one more year.’

What we will really learn from your poll isn’t who’s inconsistent. It’s who really has standards (whatever they are).

So mr. ‘15-0’ hype troll machine is now claiming the record is ‘irrelevant.’

Couldn’t you at least wait until September to go all weak kneed and backtrack like a child?

Only a ******* imbecile would even think, much less endorse firing a coach that goes 12-2.

Quit spending your days here pontificating senseless gotcha moments, you sound ridiculous.

Last edited:
Advertisement

View attachment 145593

Thete were only certain choices and you are over interpreting for people.

I voted in group 4 because it would still be an improvement AND QB situation. We also lost some edge rushers although I know we have some studs to replace them. Will our OL progress? Receivers? If King is ready and we improve then 12-2 group could be spot on. I am tired of losing to UNC just because they aren't **** and I think it is more mental than anything else.

This team needs to learn how to win, and expect to win every week. There has to be a change in our culture or we will lose games we should win once again like at Pitt in the upcoming year.

Maybe I am just a coward and lowering my expectations to avoid feeling like I did the night UNC kept running untouched. Their uniforms were cleaner after the game than they were when the game started.

Advertisement
Back