What ConstitutesAcceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

What Constitutes Acceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RVACane

Maude•Gone•Rogue
Maude
Ok let’s set the baseline for what’s acceptable for posters to acknowledge acceptable progress for the 2021 season.

Please read all choices before voting as some answers contain a combination of previous choices and you cannot change your vote once it’s cast.

That’s right, I’ve seen what some of you do to posts a year later. Let the record speak for itself.

Advertisement
Ok let’s set the baseline for what’s acceptable for posters to acknowledge acceptable progress for the 2021 season.

Please read all choices before voting as some answers contain a combination of previous choices and you cannot change your vote once it’s cast.

That’s right, I’ve seen what some of you do to posts a year later. Let the record speak for itself.
You forgot one RVACane: NC or Bust

Advertisement
I just want to see us compete with Alabama and Clemson, smash the teams we should smash, and not get blown out, at all. When we play a team that is 3-5, I don't want us in a dogfight because we forgot to get off the bus.

Do this and we're a 10 win team, and win the Coastal.

Advertisement
The original proponent of that doesn’t believe that. Anyone who does believe that can vote for CFB Playoffs, set an unreasonable standard for Manny and then either demand that he be fired for not reaching the Playoffs or backtrack into Manny Defense Mode.

I completely agree with you, BUT I'm mocking those who act as if a loss to Alabama and/or Clemson will be a major failure on Manny's part.

Your math is off on this one, my friend. I think the max amount of games we can play next season is 15:
12 regular season games.
1 ACCCG.
1 playoff game.
1 NC game.

And we only get to 15 games if we get to the NC game. So something like 12-3 is also highly unlikely (since it would have us in the ACCCG and playoffs with 2 regular season losses).

But to your point, as a minimum, if we play Bama tight but lose, win all our other regular season games, get back to the ACCCG and play Clemson tight but lose, win a NY6 bowl, then I will consider that legitimate progress and be happy. An extra loss somewhere in there and a win in some lesser bowl game is closer to my expectations (11-3 with a bowl win). Anything less than that is just the same old same old.

Advertisement
Your math is off on this one, my friend. I think the max amount of games we can play next season is 15:
12 regular season games.
1 ACCCG.
1 playoff game.
1 NC game.

And we only get to 15 games if we get to the NC game. So something like 12-3 is also highly unlikely (since it would have us in the ACCCG and playoffs with 2 regular season losses).

But to your point, as a minimum, if we play Bama tight but lose, win all our other regular season games, get back to the ACCCG and play Clemson tight but lose, win a NY6 bowl, then I will consider that legitimate progress and be happy. An extra loss somewhere in there and a win in some lesser bowl game is closer to my expectations (11-3 with a bowl win). Anything less than that is just the same old same old.
Ok I’ll fix it. And I agree on the 11-3

Advertisement
If Slurpers vs. Mopes isn't a thing anymore.
Whatever we call them. There are 2 groups of posters here that stand out from the middle - one that tends to defend Manny too much and another that tends to set very lofty expectations for the program in 2021.

They need to show where they stand now for a variety of reasons. Tag em all, regardless of their stances. Get them to vote. Go find who says and upvotes the 2 viewpoints and tag them here. That way if they don’t put it in print here they can be called on that as well at the end of the season.

Tag them. Tag them all. Make them choose or be quiet.

10-11 wins is the likely bar, but the reality is that winning the Coastal and getting to Charlotte is the goal. The problem is the UNC game will likey be the deciding factor in winning the Coastal. So, it's going to take a 7-1/8-0 conference record to get there. That means a 10-2/11-1 regular season. Throw in a much needed bowl win and it means an 11-3/12-2 season.

I am thinking 11-3 but would really like 12-2. Keeping it within the realm of respectable against Bama and Clemson. The key to a good to great season is winning the Coastal which means crushing UNC as payback for 2020’s loss. Then a loss to Clemson in the ACCCG. The final hurdle is showing up in a NY6 bowl game and winning it.

Advertisement
Back