What ConstitutesAcceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

What Constitutes Acceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Voting is overrated.
No it’s not. There are some reasonable choices to see what the bar is for everyone and a vote can be clarified and caveated in here.

There are people who are very vocal on each side of the Manny divide so let’s see what the bottom line baselines are for everyone, especially the talkers. Then at season’s end we’ll see what happens and what people have to say. Aside for fan reasons, I really hope we go 12-2 like Groups 2 and 3 want so that we can see who continues to complain and move the bar.

If someone who talks a lot of **** on here about Manny doesn’t vote and show where in 2001 performance they’ll be fine with the dude as coach for another year, then they’re all talk bull**** looking to rip him regardless and just move the bar.

That’s bull****. And the over-zealously positive posters who defend Manny non-stop and got caught voting in Group 1 need to be demanding his firing when he doesn’t make the playoffs.

Advertisement
Yeah I agree but before that game, we were on a good path. We should of won the oklahoma state game as well if we had WRs that could catch.

Imma keep it solid;

2020 reminded me of 2017. In 2017, we had some ?able victories & then the slipper finally came off. Last season, we had the close call against the backup QB of NCSt, the 3 headed QB of UVA, & the backup QB of Pitt, but the slipper came all the way off against UNC. We spotted OK St a 21-0 lead. Smh.

We all know what happened in 2018 after the slipper came off in ‘17. Ironically, in 18 we started the season against a worthy SEC foe and got smothered. I’m just hoping we have better results this season despite the outcome of the first opponent.

He asked me a question. I answered.
If we go 12-2 this year, winning the CoRstal, having only losses to Bama and Clemson, while winning our bowl game, will Manny have shown enough acceptable progress to get another year? And does the size of the Bama and Clemson losses matter in that determination?

No it’s not. There are some reasonable choices to see what the bar is for everyone and a vote can be clarified and caveated in here.

There are people who are very vocal on each side of the Manny divide so let’s see what the bottom line baselines are for everyone, especially the talkers. Then at season’s end we’ll see what happens and what people have to say. Aside for fan reasons, I really hope we go 12-2 like Groups 2 and 3 want so that we can see who continues to complain and move the bar.

If someone who talks a lot of **** on here about Manny doesn’t vote and show where in 2001 performance they’ll be fine with the dude as coach for another year, then they’re all talk bull**** looking to rip him regardless and just move the bar.

That’s bull****. And the over-zealously positive posters who defend Manny non-stop and got caught voting in Group 1 need to be demanding his firing when he doesn’t make the playoffs.
All the dumb chit I porst on this board and this is the one you choose to argue about? lmao. I concede.

All the dumb chit I porst on this board and this is the one you choose to argue about? lmao. I concede.
Sorry, it’s not aimed at you so much but others. You voted your bottom line and I think that’s what all of us, especially the ones who get into it or up or down vote a lot relating to Coach Manny/CoRch Manure should do.

There are some notable posters from the Mope/Slurper divide who have been tagged, who have been on the board and who haven’t voted. If it stays that way with every one of them then what? They show back up in threads at season’s end and starting crying outrage that Manny’s still coach or outrage that the people who expect us to win what we should are ****** fans?

Nah, they’re all full of ****. They won’t put it down because they don’t want to set a bar and be held to a standard. They just want to ***** about the rest of us not meeting a standard or about the coach not meeting a standard.

I’m salivating already. I’m waiting for this poll to expire in 6 days without them responding. Can’t wait til they start ripping people.

👀

Advertisement
I love Cartagena. Where else do you like going in Colombia? You drove into Guatemala I assume. How’s the safety situation? I go to places people think are unsafe and I feel fine so just curious.
Yeah, Cartagena is awesome. Tayrona Park is near there and worth a visit next time you go. I was in Bogota for a few months volunteering and I liked it as I knew locals but it's not super easy as a tourist (I actually went to grad school instead of going in on a club with 2 Australian guys......what could have been).

Medellin is my favorite spot down there, I'd go during the Flower Festival (sounds dumb but it's legit) or actually around Christmas, they have lights EVERYWHERE, the women are the best looking in the world, and it has a perfect climate.

I also went to Pablo Escobar's farm which is in the middle of nowhere between Bogota and Medellin. That was crazy, they have all the big African animals there and you can just walk up to them behind chain link fences with zero supervision (there's nobody there basically, it's weird). There was also Reserva Rio Claro which is close to that and it was incredible, i randomly went there and don't think it's well known at all but it was incredible.

Im flying to Guatemala, crossing borders with rentals is a no go and it takes forever to drive around down here most of the time. You do like 40 mph usually.

Costa Rica is very safe, Guatemala sounds fine too but it's not quite as safe as Costa Rica I think. I'm like you though, there are very few places I wouldn't go. I used to live in a favela in Rio de Janeiro and had few issues. I think if you use common sense, you can go almost anywhere.

Yeah, Cartagena is awesome. Tayrona Park is near there and worth a visit next time you go. I was in Bogota for a few months volunteering and I liked it as I knew locals but it's not super easy as a tourist (I actually went to grad school instead of going in on a club with 2 Australian guys......what could have been).

Medellin is my favorite spot down there, I'd go during the Flower Festival (sounds dumb but it's legit) or actually around Christmas, they have lights EVERYWHERE, the women are the best looking in the world, and it has a perfect climate.

I also went to Pablo Escobar's farm which is in the middle of nowhere between Bogota and Medellin. That was crazy, they have all the big African animals there and you can just walk up to them behind chain link fences with zero supervision (there's nobody there basically, it's weird). There was also Reserva Rio Claro which is close to that and it was incredible, i randomly went there and don't think it's well known at all but it was incredible.

Im flying to Guatemala, crossing borders with rentals is a no go and it takes forever to drive around down here most of the time. You do like 40 mph usually.

Costa Rica is very safe, Guatemala sounds fine too but it's not quite as safe as Costa Rica I think. I'm like you though, there are very few places I wouldn't go. I used to live in a favela in Rio de Janeiro and had few issues. I think if you use common sense, you can go almost anywhere.
That’s awesome. I know Tayrona is by Santa Marta but I skipped it bc I go to the beach in the DR and figured that Santa Marta is like a small Cartagena with a smaller old area. I’ve read about the flower festival and the women in Medellin. I was only in the airport there.

Yeah, I’ve spent a lot of time in a barrio in the DR as my wife grew up in the hood in Santiago de Los Caballeros... opposite of how I grew up so it’s not like its a traditionally familiar neighborhood for me but I’ve learned a lot about cultures and people from it. If you’re with someone from there who is known, it can be fine. I don’t walk beyond relatives houses that are close to each other. Never had a problem.

Advertisement
11-1 at best (regular season)
10-2 at worst (regular season)

Winning whatever Bowl game we get would be nice, but I usually don’t bake in bowl games for preseason predictions because Bowl games are very unpredictable, usually a bunch of injuries & opts-outs by the end of the year & unless you’re playing in a NYE6 Bowl it’s really hard to get your team up to play in Bowl games because by that time most players have mentally checked out & don’t care as much.

9-3 is mediocre, yes it’s an improvement from the 6-7/7-6 type seasons we’ve had recently, but 9-3 is mediocre purgatory, where it’s good enough to not get you fired & but never good enough to win you anything of significance.

If Manuelito can’t win 10 games this year he never will & Miami will be stuck in middle of the pack in the ACC.

Clemson lost Trevor Lawrence & several other good players, obviously they’ve reloaded already with their recruiting but the reality is they don’t have a generational QB anymore, yes DJ U is good but not that good, which means the conference is as wide open as it’s ever going to be, which means this season is the opportunity to wage a coup d’etat & unseat Clemson. I’m not saying we’re going to beat them, I’m just saying now is the perfect time to do it, we have the QB/OC & we have enough offensive weapons to hang with every opponent on our schedule.

If Manny can’t make it happen now & it ain’t happening under his tenure.
Thanks, man. I’m slating you as part of group 3. No worse than 1-2 losses in the regular season and UNC better not be one of them (or anyone ****** for that matter) and you’ll see that as progress.

Advertisement
I don't care about a bowl game unless it's a playoff game (because neither do half the kids), so I'm not going to factor that in.

We should play 12 regular season games, plus 1 conference championship game.
We need to win AT LEAST 10 of those games.

Bottom line, 10-2 and being in Charlotte is a good season, a step in the right direction, and should be the floor for this team. Anything less is a disappointment and failure.

I obviously did NOT understand what your question was actually seeking

1. What I think should constitute an acceptable season for Manny to keep his job from the BOTS perspective

OR

2. What is an acceptable season for Manny to keep his job in MY EYES.

I answered your question from the BOTS perspective because that is realistically how his success will be determined... NOT from my perspective.

My perspective is as follows:

I've repeatedly stated that IMO as a Miami alum and lifelong fan, we would be far better off getting rid of Manny SOONER than later. That has NOT changed. His cyclicality only makes postponing the inevitable harder.

So in short, my mind's ALREADY made up on Manny. It's only a matter of time

IMO the cold hard facts are a Manny led Miami football team will NOT beat Bama or Clemson and most likely some other team every year in the Coastal. This will happen despite and no matter how much me and others wish, hope, cheer and pray for different results.

IMO a Manny led Miami football team will NOT ever consistently win the ACC's weak Coastal. Again, this will happen no matter how much I and others may wish, hope and pray that it weren't true. .

IMO Manny (for that matter, ANY coach) is capable of sporadically catching "lightning in a bottle " and having a very good year. IF that is what my University is willing to tolerate and hope for then Manny's or ANY other coach will do.

BUT IF we want and expect our HC to consistently build and maintain Championship quality teams that ALWAYS perform at high levels....then let's move on already from the Diaz era and firmly place it in our rear view mirror.

IF it were up to me, he'd have already been gone but it's not. He's IMO been operating on borrowed time. Now don't get me wrong, Manny has some great qualities. Unfortunately IMO they just are NOT qualities in the doses he has them that will ever lead to Conference let alone, National Championships

Having said that, I will ALWAYS fully support my team regardless of whatever DIMWIT that may currently be leading them and applaud the team's efforts

But Loving your team never has to mean that they are beyond criticism or that you have unrealistic performance expectations. IT ONLY MEANS THAT YOU ALWAYS WILL CHEER, HOPE AND PRAY FOR MIAMI TO GO. 15-0!

SO LET'S GO TO AND GET 15-0

Beating inferior teams without comebacks and luck and never getting blown out should be our expectations. It's time for offseason wins to pay off.

Advertisement
Back